[Aradune/Rizlona] TSS Launch Conflicts with 24h Downtime

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Jun 10, 2022.

1. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Recent changes to the timeline for the merger of Miragul and Phinigel as cited by this post Here, bring to light a serious conflict. After already having the launch of Prophecy or Ro postponed one week due to the launch of new servers Vaniki and Yelinak, I do not think it would be too much to ask that devs do everything possible to prevent this conflict of timing.

Seeing as this server merger isn't something anyone on Phinigel, Miragul or Vox is anxiously anticipating, I would ask that the merger be postponed at least another week to allow for the successful launch of The Serpent's Spine on Aradune and Rizlona. You are much less likely to upset as many people by postponing something that has already been pushed back once, than to have a 24h downtime during the launch of one of the better expansions in all of Everquest.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
  2. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

I agree 100%. TSS should not launch on Aradune and Rizlona during a scheduled 24 hour outage. It does not make sense to delay something anxiously anticipated - like the TSS launch - to perform something nobody is really clamoring for [mergers].
    Zapsos likes this.
  3. Dailor Augur

[IMG]

Man, TSS a week early would EASILY solve the problem.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  4. Pappasalt Augur

This company is so ridiculously hard headed it's insane "can't be changed...yet can be launched later." Ain't no wonder they've fallen from grace after so many failures lol.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

6. Dailor Augur

HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sorry I misread the post and thought it was launching on the 15th and the changes to the schedule did not get noted.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Good work admitting you made a mistake, this forum would benefit greatly from more of this.
    Triconix likes this.
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

So the response is basically "sorry that we are completely incompetent in our planning and scheduling of a 24 hour downtime, if you want another week of an expansion NO NONE is interested in playing for an extra week, we can give you that, but no apology or reason why the expansion cannot be launched early."

It is totally unacceptable to give a response like that without at least acknowledging how badly they have fudged this. My suggestion as to how to remedy this, if they are unwilling (or unable) to launch TSS early, is to make DAMN sure the downtime is not 24 hours and make sure the expansion launch goes off without a hitch at exactly 5pm EST on July 20th. At this point it is the only way possible for them to save face.
  10. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Man they treat Aradune so dirty
  11. Triconix Augur

It's ok. Sometimes playing in the mud is fun.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Triconix Augur

Nah, it's much more fun watching people double down. Your suggestion would result in boring conversations.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

So there is an (estimated) 24 hour downtime, and when everything comes back up, TSS is unlocked on Aradune/Rizlona. I don't see the issue. You have to wait another day (or maybe half-day depending on your time zone) to start in on the new content. It's a 12-week expansion.
  14. Zapsos Augur

The issue is you can't plan a launch if you don't know if it will be 6 or 22 hours of patching
  15. Triconix Augur

Sure you can. You plan everything you were planning just a day later and if the servers come up earlier, you stick to the plan of doing everything a day later. Is it ideal? No, but let's not act like it's some monumental feat to plan around a patch that could potentially be 24 hours long. It's not going to make or break anyone losing out on 4-18 hours as you put it.
  16. Captain Video Augur

These merger cycles have been done before. When they say it's 24 hours, it means 24 hours. You can plan accordingly.
  17. Dailor Augur

[IMG]

It isn't a huge issue, but it would be really cool if DPG figured out a way where we all win.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The last one wasn't close to 24 hours and was up much sooner from what I remember.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Captain Video Augur

Last year was one server merge, this year it's two. Maybe it will take significantly less than 24 hours. If that happens, so what? If certain guilds want to race for server firsts and every hour matters, they will just batphone it. They have to do that anyway since a regular monthly "6 hour" patch isn't always six hours, and you know that already. For the rest of us (and yes, I play on Aradune, so this affects me too), it doesn't matter. My group won't plan on doing anything on patch day regardless, and we'll survive.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure, but that doesn't mean it will take the full 24 hours and could come up anywhere from 6 hours to over 24 hours. I mentioned it because the 24 hour listed downtime is more of a worst case so that they don't have to extend the downtime after the fact if it runs long.