Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Lateryn Augur

Its not about what agnarr is doing currently, its about what every server shows time and time again. Population numbers how on almost every TLP that the biggest wave of quitters is luclin then pop. After that servers limp along with minimal numbers and mostly die in the 70 era. If you can't see why they would tailor servers to match exactly what most players do, then well. Most players play classic > pop, quit and wait for a new TLP to do it all over again. These 2 servers are setup exactly for that, as they will be finishing just in time to release new TLPs in a year.
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.
  3. Faidaen Lorekeeper

I understand some people play that way, but I know not everyone is that way. I mean Ragefire was fun even past PoP. But, having more Agnarr's? That's all about just cash cow farming for revenue.
    GugokSkulkraker likes this.
  4. Lateryn Augur

I agree, but numbers tell a different story. People quit in droves in luclin/pop. Servers continue on with a fraction of what they had then really die off in the 70 era. Sure some come back after that but not many. Numbers show time and time again , players do classic > pop, quit then wait for a new TLP to do it again.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

1st of all, anyone who bases next weeks entertainment, off of what you might be wanting to do a year from now, are morons.

2nd, how much does being a dedicated Nanny to one of these servers pay? I hope it comes with a stipend for beer and Prozac. Having to listen and sift through all the whiny, tattle tale, entitled snitchfest complaints is a heroic task. Good luck to you sir / madam.
  6. Lateryn Augur

Some? The vast majority do. And the ones that don't are currently playing on servers that are doing later expansions already.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

So whoever wrote the original release is British? "offence" vs. "offense"?
  8. ArtremasEQ Augur

New Boxing TLP with AOC, YAY,... oh wait, PoPLocked, Anticipation dashed....
    Why put the time an effort into something with built in kill-date.

My wife and I found it impossible to play together with the truebox-code constantly disconnecting her on Corinav, and had hopes this would make it doeable. Bzzzzzt

PopLocked = Terrible Idea. I was keen on trying the boxing one and having it go long term, now, pass.
    Vlahkmaak and Whoops like this.
  9. Herf Augur

So did you do this to deliberately screw over the population of Agnarr? More to the point, will you screw over the population of these new servers as you did to Agnarr, by moving them out of the "Preferred" server list, then releasing two more PoP locked servers?

As for the GMs...who cares? Unless you're going to enforce the original Play Nice policy. Seems like all the GMs are there for is to watch for unattended play by botters...and will likely also catch people who get up for a bio break without logging out. Given the penalty for unattended play is having ones account perma banned...why risk it?

/headdesk.
  10. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

The problem with this assessment is Agnarr was a new concept when they tried it the first time, now there will be 2 more Agnarrs. How many times can they cash in on this concept when people already know the end result is a giant krono farm and then move on? Who was asking for more Agnarr servers? I certainly didn't see any. There's a difference between people gradually leaving the server and it hitting a wall and dying because nobody new wants to play on the "finished server." This isn't even a seasonal server, that I could understand more. How many bags and XP pots will you be buying when you know your server will die in a year?
    Whoops likes this.
  11. enclee Augur

Wow, there wasn’t enough demand for an FV ruleset but there’s enough demand for 2 more Agnarr servers?

FV ruleset causes too many customer support issues, but each server can get a dedicated GM?

Just wow...
    SunDrake, jordune, Whoops and 2 others like this.
  12. Eetra Journeyman

How has this not been posted yet? It's April still after all!

Johnc, davnegsep, Whoops and 2 others like this.
  13. Lateryn Augur

You dont just look at agnarr. Look at every TLP. They all show the same thing. Huge demand up to Velious. Then a big dip lost in luclin and another huge dip in pop. The remnants(a small portion compared to luclin/pop era) fight on till oow and then server really dies with 1-3 guilds fighting on. All those that quit in luclin/pop wait for a new TLP to do it all over again. Happily buying bags each time, exp pots etc.
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Phinny easily had over a dozen guilds actively raiding current content past PoP, plus whatever more casual guilds weren't raiding or raided older stuff so while I don't have hard numbers it's easy to do some napkin math to gauge post-PoP player interest.
    Faidaen and Whoops like this.
  15. Herf Augur

Actually I don't see how they're going to make any revenue off these new servers.

1. for those of us on a pop locked TLP already, who have a bunch of lvl 65s on multiple accounts, and who have bought a bunch of the $35 bag options for our tunes....why would we go to the new servers just do all that again? Am I missing something?

2. Once those servers hit their lock, people will, again, leave. And the people who stay will start boxing again to make up for the loss...except on one of these servers there's a 2 box (that's one main and 1 boxed account, not 1 main and 2 boxed accounts as some are thinking.) limit and on the other server there are going to again be mage pet armies. So the limited box server is clearly a loser from the get go, and if you want mage armies, Phinny (or was it Ragefire) is still up.

The only possible hope DayPaw can have about these servers is that they attract, and keep, large populations of players new to EQ. Because even returning players have multiple other servers of various types to choose from. And there simply aren't that many people who've never played EQ, who will pay to do so.
    Whoops likes this.
  16. modsiw Augur

Because we keep paying them.
    enclee likes this.
  17. davnegsep Journeyman

I am not wasting my time progresion serves locked in a particular expansion sorry. I quess time to move from EQ and find new games .Good luck to players who want to play on those.
    Ajjantis, enclee and Kalipto like this.
  18. Kalipto Augur

At least the new servers won't be popular enough to kill the good thing we have going on with Mangler. I wasn't planning on leaving mangler anyway since they said the new servers would not have free-trade.

I don't get what the point of another pop lock server is. But whatever. I guess they know what the fans want... I just wish my opinion and my friends opinions weren't the unpopular opinion.
  19. Herf Augur

There are 3 raiding guilds on Agnarr: Scions of Time, Charge the Lair, and The Remedy. And some of us are actually having to bench alts to let more real human players on the raids.

Population on Agnarr has been slowly but steadily rising. Part of it is due to the virus quarantines and free month to play on TLPs...but not all of it.
  20. Eetra Journeyman

I was really thinking with all the stalling and hints at a new unique ruleset this year they would finally release a TLP with all classes available at launch. I've seen it asked for many times on these very forums and elsewhere. Pipedream maybe and granted I don't even play zerkers or beastlords myself that would seem like such a easy win for DPG. Like, Mangler with better xp and all classes at launch would be the biggest TLP to date and I really do believe that.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.