Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Herf Augur

Holly is the one who gave us Rizlona and Aradune, as clearly shown in the recently 'leaked' online focus group she had with apparent leaders of various guilds. She was interested in appeasing the non trueboxers, not helping out the rest of us.
  2. Vicus Augur

I would do this if you guys weren't swarmed with botters. There were like three threads 3-4 days ago about how some bot crew was selling PoP gear and cheating the system. GM enforced is a great idea....ending it all at PoP is the opposite of a great idea. Jumping over to a server that is openly not enforced in anyway (those focus groups are a testament) just feels like a cop out promoting continued cheating/lack of effort on DBG part. I want them to see that Gm presence is a good thing and makes the community happier, but they are kneecapping themselves with two servers that won't be populated enough.
    Whoops likes this.
  3. Vicus Augur

What to clarify a bit because it's a bit unfair to Holly. She envisioned the servers it seems (probably some dev focus groups on the back-end also) and with their conversations in the focus group...it seemed everyone was close or near the same page. JChan gave us Rizlona and Aradune in their current state. She has final say or at least is the person who went to bat for the server rules. This is on JChan. If the servers are DOA I don't think Holly should be to blame. No where did Holly ever discuss Pop lock on either server. She seemed to openly agree on seasonal server and that the non-truebox would be better served to reach live. But I agree with Herf about the boxers, this was Holly's last project prior to leaving it seems and either something was lost in translation, JChan did her own thing, or the other devs bullied her into this pop-lock crap.
  4. yepmetoo Augur

Any era locked server should give you the ability to transfer off for free once the server is locked and the latest expansion has been beaten.
  5. yepmetoo Augur

PoR locked might be interesting, level 70 cap and tons of content, its a fun level for most classes.
  6. Jenarie Elder

7. Tachyon Augur

It's not that bad. Only a handful of gear sellers, mostly all DZ sourced. You are going to find that everywhere.
  8. Herf Augur

I don't see "the devs bullied" being a possible thing. I've worked at game companies. The devs have extremely little say or control over the feature set of any game. It's the game producers that determine that.

What I could see the devs saying is "if you want X you're going to have to find a way to come up with Y dollars because we're going to have to re-engineer Z...which will take this many months and will likely produce bugs that will impact existing life and/or TLP servers." Then the producers would say something like "well, what if we PoP locked it? Would that be cheaper?" That's how stupid decisions get made in game companies.
    Vicus and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  9. Jalen007 Journeyman

Was going to box on Rizlona, but not investing that much $ into several accounts only to have the server die in PoP.

The whole point behind being able to box was progressing my group forward, regardless of having someone else there to fill my group or not.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Vicus Augur

I hear you 100% and this could be the case, but the wild card is JChan is/was a programmer who is nowthe head of DPG. She was sitting next to those guys just a few months ago where as Holly was more of a historical part of the the franchise (good and bad). JChan even said it herself in an interview that people met her and only realized later she was a programmer in the game because she was so quiet. I hope she gets her voice and realizes that she can control the future of this game in a better way then this announcement has set the tone.
    Herf likes this.
  11. Jalen007 Journeyman

Mangler is not an option for me. I tried playing there and was so disgusted at the hacking, blatant afk botting, and obvious breaking of the truebox ruleset (hello 72 boxers!) that I left.
    Trinost, Vicus and Herf like this.
  12. Herf Augur

I just logged on to Phinny to see what it felt like...but it just felt to 'live like'.
  13. Tachyon Augur

Show me a 72 boxer and I'll give you a Krono!
  14. Old_Timer Journeyman

If you are going to lock these servers, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reconsider locking them at OOW instead of POP. So much great content between POP and OOW!
    Exblink182 likes this.
  15. Raneorn New Member

All these posts crucifying DPG and this is all you can comment. Love it
    Exblink182 likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is an update on the original post.
    Machen, Skuz, Dexxeaa00 and 2 others like this.
  17. Socratic Journeyman

Thank you.
    Whoops likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Hinastorm86 Augur

Bravo on the speed in making this change, seriously.
    Zekonia, Skuz and Whoops like this.
  20. Aziuno Augur

Maybe remove the text "Planes of Power/Lost Dungeons of Norrath at which point it will be locked." as it will cause confusion.