[Aradune] Luclin Shaman twink setup

Discussion in 'Priests' started by blurpppa, Mar 13, 2021.

1. blurpppa New Member

I am awful at this game and just have a quick question.

What weapon setup should I use leveling a shaman? I got a Fungus Covered Great staff but I read people recommend Poison Wind Censer or going Jade Mace Etched or Icewurm Fang + Charred Guardian Shield.

Will it make any noticeable difference switching up anything for solo and grouping?
  2. Annastasya Augur

i believe Shaman can use 1-handed blunt, 2-handed blunt and 1-handed piercing weapons. The later typically being the long spears and not things like daggers and knives. The Shaman epic 1.0 is a spear. At lower levels a shield and 1hb or spear will probably give you more stats and defense when soloing, plus a quicker attack which tends to mean more procs from your buffs or bear form or whatever.
    As you get to higher levels, a Shaman's melee hits become just a small percentage of the damage that your nukes and dots and even your wolf pet provide, so i would not get too hung up on weapons with regards to their damage output. You'll be looking for things that have spell foci on them, clicks or effects that are beneficial to your spell casting.
    Shaman have a large bag of tricks and a variety of playstyles to bring to a group or solo hunting session, primarily through the use of your ever growing book of healing, damaging, buffing and debuffing spells. You can master all 3 weapon types, so might as well hey?