Aradune Is Literally Unplayable On The Weekend.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fightmilk, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Captain Video Augur

I have played on Aradune 2-4 hours per day without difficulty. I have never had to wait in a queue, and I've never crashed to desktop. I saw the same latency issues and slow zone load times as everyone else when the server capacity was pushed to the max. Of course I can play in the mornings PDT, since I'm retired. For those whose only option is "peak hours" due to work or family or both, well I'm sorry, but sometimes that's how life is. Don't say it is impossible to play on the server, because that's simply not true.
  2. Tigol New Member

Although I agree with your statement, when the que is 3+ hours for half of the day, that is not acceptable in my opinion. "Peak hours" would be 5pm-9pm, not 12pm - 12am.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

How come they don't have the random crash to desktops that everyone keeps saying are all over Aradune?
  4. Rothj Augur

Look, you're trying to find an easy point to attack because you probably don't play on Aradune and you're just here to troll. Instead of addressing what my actual point was you instead tried to find a technicality because you aren't actually interested in understanding anyone else's perspective, you're just here to cause discord basically.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

On the other hand, you're here to have a rant and get some frustration out. This forum is full of people who are complaining that they can't get in, and when they do the crash to desktop, some after a few minutes, some after a few hours. So how come the people "living off off disability" can play for 16+ hours? Why are they immune to the queue and the crashing?
    And for the record, I do have toons on Aradune =)
    Malachi likes this.
  6. Xeris Augur

What does this have to do with the post? Also, I do work. I work in the gaming industry and work from home, so technically I can have EQ running all day if I wanted. But again, the op said literally unplayable on the weekend... Not M-F. And even if he did it's still untrue for the same reason.

The game is literally playable. Thousands of people are playing per day. If I had a 'normal' office job, I'd enter the 2 hour que after I got home from work, eat dinner, relax for 2 hours... Then play from 830pm or whatever until sleep time. Why is that so hard? If you can't do that because of wife/kids/whatever, then maybe the que isn't the problem and it's life...
  7. Xeris Augur

There's a difference between impossible and acceptable. Que sucks, but it's not impossible to play.
  8. Sarvis Journeyman

I was initially really annoyed by the queues, but then I saw a pedant argue over semantics so I think it's fine now.
    Malachi likes this.
  9. Tigol New Member

That sounds quite relaxing. If only the que was 2hrs and not 4-5. You'd be heading to bed before you logged in.
  10. Triconix Augur

Except the queue wait time is normally incorrect. I entered a 30 minute queue this morning and it took over 3 hours to actually get in. I work a "normal" office job in EST, but the hours tend to run longer. I don't get home most days until 7 EST. If the queue is 3 hours, I only have 45 minutes to an hour to play at the most each night because I try to get in bed by 11 when waking up at 4:30am. Good luck getting a group and doing anything worthwhile in that time period.

The weekends is less of an issue than weekdays. I can just get up, join queue and be in the game around 1-2pm EST with a 3 hour queue. It does suck waiting that long, but c'est la vie.
  11. Darkrend New Member

Did you just call them entitled while also referring to them being the ones who pay for Krono and experience potions? I mean, c’mon. If someone is purchasing a service they aren’t receiving, It’s not entitlement to be upset about it.
  12. Xeris Augur

It's been bad this weekend, but generally last week I found the wait times to be pretty accurate... and there weren't 4-5 hour waits during the weekdays, it's only been on the weekends that it's been so bad. Either way, not saying the ques are good or w/e, but just seems like given the current state of things your life/job situation doesn't let you play as much as you'd like to. Sucks, but such is life.
  13. Darkrend New Member

TL;DR

F U I got mine.
  14. Salerene New Member

heh I work till midnight most days and still can play with 1+hour queues. soooo
  15. nagash101 Augur

Wow. I have a clean install and i have ran the file verification tool and i still crash Mr. Everquest software expert. About sick of people posting crap about crashes because it doesn't happen to your old A$$ computer that you bought and still have in your moms basement from 2005. "Still runs EQ great and NEVER crashes the only game i have installed, EQ!!!"
    Some people with newer computer and monitor with wide screen resolution or configurations that are outside the normal EQ test bed are having issues/crashes. Whats even worse is that i am 100% sure that the logs for crashes aren't even configured to catch all the different client side crashes, so they will NEVER have the ability to fix these if they don't ever try and log/catch them.
  16. nagash101 Augur

not on Aradune you dont, lies.
  17. Triconix Augur

No queue would mean I'd get 4 hours a day to play after work each day. That's a pretty ample amount of playing time. The queue doesn't affect working people. It affects just about anyone. I'd argue not very many people have 3 hours to designate to just waiting then another 3-4 hours to play a game.
  18. Corydon Coles Elder

I feel ya.. as many of us.. are waiting in the QUE.. its been OVER 4 hrs ..... and still waiting