Aradune is limited to two accounts per household??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Psalmz, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Kahna Augur

Except that you are wrong. That isn't at all how the code works. I have been playing with my husband for the last 3 months, him with one and me boxing 2. No GM has ever contacted us, there is no "flag" GMs don't investigate anyone unless someone reports them.

Serl is also wrong about the per IP rules, and Dreamweaver has already clarified that, Months ago when the server was announced. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...aunch-date-may-27.265570/page-20#post-3902453
    Galaras likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

I'm not the one who ever said it was 2 accounts per household, please stop putting words into my mouth. Depending on who your ISP is, your home router is probably already assigning dynamic IP addresses to each computer connected to it, so if a family was truly using multiple computers (one per toon) as the Truebox rule requires, you shouldn't possibly get accounts flagged for that reason. I have absolutely no proof of this, but I personally do not believe 99% of those who post on the forum about how "I play 2, my wife plays 2, my daughter plays 2, my two brothers who just happen to live with me each play 2, my other brother has LAN parties just to play EQ", etc.

Plus it's also supposed to be a violation of forum rules to call out any GM by name. We'll see what they do about that come Monday.

As for the IPv4 vs. IPv6 thing: DPG doesn't do its own server network admin, it's all outsourced. The server farm is in Las Vegas, that's common knowledge. They changed network vendors earlier this year. I would be very very surprised if IPv4 was still in play here, but I have no interest in digging into routing data at that level. The Truebox code does a number of automated things without GM intervention; people are disconnected for detected simultaneous keypress behavior all the time. Are there ways to spoof the system? Of course. We all see the bot groups (if and when we go to the zones they like), and those cases do require some form of GM action. [As an aside, a lot of people think I don't know what I'm talking about, and that's fine. For the record though, I have never written a single line of COBOL code in my life. FORTRAN, yes.]

I would much rather see DPG err on the side of being tough guys rather than let the multi-boxers run loose on Aradune. Otherwise, it defeats the entire philosophy of having the server in the first place.
  3. Psalmz Elder

The complaints/reports are being used as a way to grief others but that's a separate issue.
    Adobebodii likes this.
  4. Glowerss Augur

Is your guildee the person who told Serl "I'm logged into Aradune with 6 characters on all different computers. 2 are mine 2 are my wife and 2 are my daughter"

and then said

"Sure I'm logging them all off for now"?

Because with people like that I'd just tell them the limit is 2 per household on the server as well just so I didn't have to deal with that particular brand of stupidity. :)
    Mashef_8013, sumnayin, ttin and 3 others like this.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Although there may be genuine situations of multiple people in a household playing a full group, it's also the go to excuse for every rule breaking multiboxer that gets caught. Hard to tell who's acting in good faith and who isn't.
  6. Arrk Augur

Same excuse every boxers tries to use....

I don't know one way or another so .... ban em all
  7. Adobebodii New Member

Easy to say, but that'd be a lot of loss in revenue, and I'd imagine there's more than a handful of families that legit play together in the same household, the very people whose experience DPG is trying to protect by policing boxers/afk. P99 seems to have a better handle on this kind of thing I think? Cant be that difficult - every MMO in existence has these types of issues
  8. Arrk Augur

That is also "easy to say"

What is more likely - People have tons of family dedicated to playing a 20 year old game in from the same household... or ... People are trying to gain an advantage and run box crews to do their stuff.

I can say from seeing some of the people in game... it is most likely the latter....
  9. Captainsizlack New Member

Its not the latter. That would mean he is an amazing voice actor and has been also 3 boxing mumble accounts in our raids and fooling everyone since launch.... Im lucky my roommate didn't like EQ and quit playing when i introduced him to it or ide be in the same boat considering my gf and I already play together.
  10. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Or this is a fake persona on one of the six boxers accounts
  11. KimchiGoddess Augur

Yeah, brand new member as of today coming to defend OP ... lol
  12. Captainsizlack New Member

Lol whatever fits your narrative bud.... But the truth is its upsetting that our guild is losing three great players to rizlona because a difference in opinion between GMs so they can continue to play together and not be banned. The husband is once of the most knowledgeable and helpful players we had.
  13. Captainsizlack New Member

Oh my bad i didnt know posting on the forum previously was a requirement to be considered a person..
  14. Captainsizlack New Member

The only reason I seen this post and decided to say something was because it was on my phones home screen under news and it was relevant. But im probably lying about that too right? Its sad EQ players can be so toxic...

Screenshot - https://ibb.co/5BSxkxr
    Adobebodii likes this.
  15. Adobebodii New Member

Ah yeah true that was also easy to say lol. But we can hardly guess what is more likely based on your or my input on what we’ve seen, unless you’re using hacks or something. I can say personally that I have 4 brothers and we all play wow together in the same household, but what if we all wanted to play on Aradune? Yes it’s a 20 year old game, but there’s also no other games out there that can match this style of adventure and risk/reward system (Were still here aren’t we?)- also what the poster said earlier, all sorts of guilds have family members all on discord raiding together etc.

Well you have to make a new account to post when you get suspended on your main account so maybe that’s it?

Nobody has any clue at all how to combat actual boxers so this feels like a lose lose situation sadly :/ at least p99 tries with the whole permission request thing and anti cheat detection programs running. Here we just rely on player reports and flip the dice it seems
  16. Adobebodii New Member

Anytime someone complains on these forums, a handful of “do gooders” come along and give frustrated players a even harder time rather than being helpful. I’d say it’s a grey area of trolling, especially because when you come back at them they will just end up reporting you/getting account suspended.

It’s not just happening to you unfortunately :(
  17. Captainsizlack New Member

Yeah the internet in general.

Ive never been suspended or broken any rules i just have made new separate accounts for each character i have played on mangler and now aradune. I couldnt survive without those 40 slot bags. This isnt even a new account ive been on Aradune since the begining, just my first time posting on the forum since i saw that link on my phone homepage this morning
  18. nagash101 Augur

You are wrong. Its per Person/Player. IP doesn't equal Person/Player. I Box and play with my 14 year old son. That is three accounts to one IP and we play just fine on Aradune. That also equals one router and one outward facing IP address but different inward facing IP addresses.
  19. Captain Video Augur

The server knows you have dynamically assigned "inward-facing" IP addresses behind your router; otherwise, how would it be able to distinguish one client from another when sending you data?? If you are running three clients on Aradune simultaneously behind a single router, and that is allowed to work, then yes I am wrong; it is not consistent with how I understood the "2 per player" limit was being enforced. But I'm not sure this is yet working as DPG intended when the server rules were announced. The more public griefing there is over suspensions, the more likely I think it is that DPG will restate the rule as "2 per household".
  20. nagash101 Augur

That is how one part of the code works, the true box code checks for key strokes that are made on that local network from that IP address to ensure that they are not using key press software that sends commands to other computers on that same networks. If that is detected both systems are disconnected. With that same software they can see how many computers that are connected to the server with that same outward facing IP address but then how do they prove that Bill, his wife Maggie and their Son Marvin all don't box and are all playing at the same time? P99 does have a Box test and they might want to start using that type of test that proves one person is controlling two characters. Other wise it is very hard to prove with network analysis that one person is truly playing 2+ characters or that it really is 3 people playing 6 characters.