Aradune - GM Enforcement and DPS Racing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Relentless, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Relentless Insomnia

Looking for clarity on things GM's will be policing.

Enforcing Recognized Camp Disputes?

DPS Racing is OK or not OK?

Open world Raid Disputes?

Item Recovery from Server roll-back issues?

Server Crashing and lost Instances being addressed?

What kind of things can we expect GM interaction for, or are they only here to enforce the 2 Box rule?

Trying to get an idea of how wild west this can still be even if GM's are doing things like enforcing "lines" and "wait lists" on Dark Elf masks and such like P99 Green is.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. Laronk Augur

Nothing was worse than random GM enforcement on raids
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  3. Smallhands Elder

Item Recovery from Server roll-back issues?

Server Crashing and lost Instances being addressed?

The 2 most important questions for me.

Does this company even have the investment fortitude that will go along with the scale of GM intervention that's going to be needed?
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

and we have the 1st /petition right here. ;)

Do these GM's have good health and dental and long term job security? :D
  5. TLP Addict Augur

I would love to see dumps of the GMs petition queue (names redacted) posted somewhere so we can all have a laugh.

You guys are gonna be busy as.
  6. Herf Augur

I doubt it. They'll either be outsourced to India, or they'll be low paid underlings who are just hoping to break into game dev. Then when the servers population drops, they'll both be rolled into a single new server, one which they will claim no longer guarantees GMs.
  7. Rebelicious Augur

LOL back in the day when kids walked through 2 miles of sleet and snow to school... a naked lvl 1 toon named Neotheone was born on the no rules Sullon Zek server. That server after a point in time was hopelessly dominated by 1 evil faction guild, <Hate>. They had exclusive access to the planes and planar raid gear. Consequently, the neutral and good factions could never hope to catch up... but Neotheone (Named for the movie Matrix hero) had the GM abilities to trash talk <Hate> guild during their raids voicing through the raid mobs, and steal all their loot. No one ever caught Neotheone. Rumor has it he was a GM trying to balance things out. In any event it was fun and wild times... /cheers to Neotheone.... Robinhood of EQ (original) Sullon Zek race war, no rules server.
  8. Zyllax New Member

Wild west? Wouldnt be the wild west unless mans like Philadar start training, shouting and bullying their way through Norraths finest. Dat man was hard man. Mans Hard man. Mans hard
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

Sullon Zek had One Rule (singing like Reba) AND FANSY WAS A HIS NAME!
    Maneuvre, KimchiGoddess and Herf like this.
  10. Herf Augur

To quote DarkPaws updated announcement:

"the dedicated GM status of these two servers is an experiment. We hope that it will prove to be viable, but it does have a time limit associated with it. We are targeting at least 6 months, post server launch, after which we will review the results and move forward from there."
  11. Thundersnake Elder

DPS Racing.....You mean kill stealing? I never understood how this became acceptable. KSing and Ninja Looting aka Need Rolling on Stuff you don't need just to sell it are the biggest reasons I hate TLP servers. How a behavior that would of got you blacklisted from every major guild and shunned publicly back in the early days got turned into a common place and seemingly acceptable practice is just beyond me.
  12. Machen New Member

They have already been pretty up front on this. No, they do not.
  13. Risiko Augur

Bots run non stop 24 hours a day with no risk of being suspended or banned, and y'all think they are going to actually police these two new servers? Now that's funny.
    elrox, Stune, Xanathol and 1 other person like this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I do, actually. At least for 2-3 weeks. ;)
    Herf and KimchiGoddess like this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Gotta love the botters being able to run 24/7 without risk, but if you take matters into your own hands there's a decent chance you will get suspended.

Almost as if they are being protected
  16. Ruination Elder

I never understood how you can steal something that you killed, press more buttons.
    Punchu likes this.
  17. Herf Augur

Here, let me help you with that: your mother goes into a grocery store and, amazingly, finds a package of toilet paper to buy. Then a group or 6 a-holes run up, punch her in the face, and take the TP away from her.

Does that help make it more clear?
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's pvp but that's not tlp.
    elrox likes this.
  19. Ragnoruk Augur

I view KSing and Need rolling differently. Actively trying to KS people is like pseudo-PVPing on a game not intended for PVP. If you really want to prove you are better than others at a video game, go play a game designed for it. Don't brag about it here. Need rolling on the other hand I have no problem with. Everyone needs loot/money for character progression. I hold no ill will to anyone that wins an item, even if I wanted to use it. The only time it ever bothers me is when you're camping in a spot for like 5 hours trying to get an item and that new person that joined the group wins it after 10 minutes.. but that's RNG for ya.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Beep Elder

I believe these GM's are solely for the policing of AFK botting and dealing with accusations of "trueboxing more than 2!!". I don't think they'll be enforcing any play-nice-policy or settling disputes. Don't expect them to be GM's like we remember them from before.
    Herf likes this.