Anything past PoP is not getting my money...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OldAsYouAre, Nov 11, 2012.

1. OldAsYouAre New Member

So where is the new progression server ? :confused:
    Obviously EQ knows that they have found something people are interested in with the Progression servers or they would not require a gold subscription. That is business and making money. I totally get that, no problem and I have my credit card in my hand right now... waiting.
  2. Cakeny Augur

Will most likely be awhile, current progression servers still running. There is always EQ Mac if you hate anything past PoP.
  3. Malachi Augur

Eq Mac is all well and good, but besides the inconvenience of researching the workaround to make it work on a pc, I think this warped version of old-school with new school has grown on people and is a recipe for success. I think the key is to actually stop the timeline at some point and start over again and again ad again. I too have my preferred payment technique ready for the announcement. But I'm not holding my breath nor would I advice anyone else to.
  4. doktartp Augur

Your not having to pay for new expansions still ?
    Your not forced to leave those zones ?

What you want is to force others to stay where you are happy, feel free to convince them to not move on, because sony will not do it for you. It cant make decisions based on the 1%.
  5. SALTDOG Lorekeeper

Classic to Velious Progression Server. I'll sub like a boss.
  6. JERUS Augur

What i'd love to see is a server set at each expansion, allow free xfers to the next server up and only the next server up. So you can stay at classic, kunark, velious, luclin, pop, ldon, god, oow, etc whichever you want. Move on when you and your friends feel like it instead of when the server votes. Population drops, maybe it's worth moving on, but it'd always be there for those that enjoy it. No need to ever do another progression server as they'd already be set up for those that want it.
    Lighteningrod likes this.
  7. SALTDOG Lorekeeper

So you propose like 15 servers with a pop of 17 each? Nahdawg.
  8. OldAsYouAre New Member

Easy killer, I paid for years. I have a silver account and will pay for things as I see fit. Which is exactly what they meant by:

"Our philosophy is simple. Free Games.
    No commitment. And if you want to buy,
    it's on your terms."
  9. OldAsYouAre New Member

10. Cakeny Augur

Proof that most people don't really want a classic server.
    Vouivre likes this.
  11. Tallor Lorekeeper

You might as well have said, "proof that the earth is flat."
  12. Malachi Augur

I have no idea how you came to this conclusion.

No one wants a Mac or do some shenanigans to make it work on their pc and rather pay Sony for a legit pc version is proof no one wants a more classic eq experience?

Classic these days is defined in a number of ways, but just because the game mechanics of the tlp servers have grown on me and others does not mean we don't want "classic". I tell you though, it does mean we rather have tlp and stop at a certain expansion then to continue paying for current content.
    I don't want to take current content away from anyone. I'm just curios if they would like my monthly payment for the rest of my life for the price of continuous "old school" servers.
  13. Moklianne Augur

Would you pay a station pass for this? I'm just curious, because honestly, I may. It would help to offset the extra costs. Management would have one talk with the tech guys and say "revenue vs cost is out of wack for this."
  14. JERUS Augur

I already pay for an account =)

And yeah tbh I'd think the population issues would arise on things past PoP, but by OOW I don't think many would have the desire to hang around other than to take their guild through the progression, so why not?

I'd imagine Classic, Kunak, Velious, Luclin and PoP would be quite popular, probably not many sticking to luclin but it'd be a step between velious which is/was popular and PoP which is probably the most popular expansion.
  15. Qenduven Elder

Anyone who can't figure out how to log in to EQ Mac from PC within 5 minutes of googling probably didn't graduate high school. I've been playing there for a few weeks now and find it to be almost addictive as the game I loved 10 years ago was.

Sorry for the snark comment, but I just found it to be a silly excuse.
  16. Malachi Augur

Apology accepted.

The Mac version is a blast from the past there is no doubt about that. But it just doesn't garnish the attention of a broader base of eq. i'm not making excuses for not playing on old al; im making a case for tlp/classic type servers to show up on eq's servers list more often then once every election cycle. You won't find me bad mouthing the Mac version's mechanics or rule set. I just think the style needs to be more mainstream for potentially more vibrant community. Instead it's swept under the Mac rug.
  17. Qenduven Elder

You're right. I think theres some stigma that prevents people from playing on eqmac even though they would otherwise enjoy it. I've heard mention of the server for years now, but didn't play on it until recently. Part of that is because I heard the word "Mac" and immediately removed myself from the conversation (I guess the PC workaround/hack is a relatively new development). Not to mention this server gets absolutely to marketing and there's a great deal of people who know little to nothing about it. It took me ages to realize it was locked at PoP even after I knew of its existence.

That being said, I'm glad I found Al Kabor after 7 years of hopelessly waiting for a progression server that would be *just right* for me. At first I was a little skeptical of the bugs, the lack of new features such as Maps and Find, and other nuances. But after playing for a while I realized that getting lost in the middle of Gfay, because my Sense Heading doesnt work worth crap, is one of the odd idiosyncrasies that made me love the old EQ so much. But the best part is not having that clock ticking above my head waiting for my accomplishments to be trivialized when the next expansion is released. Even if that is months away.
  18. Malachi Augur

I agree. I miss raising my bind wound and sense heading out of necessity.
  19. klohsterheim New Member

Well you just answered a question I had about EQmac. PoP is where EQ lost my group of player's interest. The bazaar and the books killed the game for us. Anyone know if there is a server capped at Luclin with all of the old gear and everything? BoP gear is dumb and defiant ruins the game for people that don't need to power to level 1000 or whatever it's at now? The game was a blast until PoP came out.
  20. Sleppen Augur

The Bazaar was Luclin, not PoP.