Anything Actually New?

Discussion in 'General Beta Discussion' started by mehtsenob, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Hludwolf Developer

There is not. Do you have a specific aspect of it you do not like?
  2. Grisnkh Journeyman

Those old cranky ancient eq'ers that don't like change :p
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No. The piping of data changed enough that the old window is no longer viable.
    And yes, as Jumbur mentioned, we are thinking long term.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Yinla Augur

I don't find it the price in platinum very clear, is it possible to only show the used currency per vendor and not show all the other columns?

I'll probably get used to it in time.

Yes I'm a grumpy old EQ player who doesn't like change. Lol
  5. smash Augur

Kind of agree with yinla, but the new merchant window feels ungainly and clumsy, compared to old one.

I do like the search however.

This from memory, which properly is faulty, but the coin symbols should not be there, but only pure values.

I always been favorite of KIS(keep it simple) .
  6. JolineSZ Augur

Agree, agree, and now I wish this would work for all chars on your account, so I do not have to check all this /outputinventory files to find the correct spot of this 10000000 tradeskill things I have spread on all chars for the Artisan's Prize.

But honestly great new feature, best after the advanced loot feature which I also love.
  7. smash Augur

Now i am waiting for tradeskill bags with 100 slots. :)

Those should be sold in markedsplace.

About find, it is the best thing in a long time, now I am waiting for that i can use it on ALL my chars on 1 account. So when i am on char A i can see i got that item on char C + D as well.
  8. Cleaver Augur

I got a long term idea :) Scrap the bazaar and just make an auction house so you can play while trading :) You can even make it so they're account based so you cant have 12 chars on one account selling stuff and we wouldnt care if it was all access only.
    Jumbur likes this.
  9. smash Augur

Now taken a better look at the Merchant window, and yeah, it is rather unclear compared to the OLD Merchant window.

Now I have to recalculate each and every Price that is in the window.. Before I could see that the Price was 5 p, 5 gold, 0 silver, and 9 copper.

And the icons of the currency is just cluttering it up.

The thing I like with it is the search field + the level of the items.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is a common one I see in this thread. So what if the vendor is a point merchant... how do you know what points are needed if there is no icon/indicator?

And well. We hope to have vendors do mixed selling in the future. What if the vendor sells both point items and coin items? What should we do then instead of that icon so you know what currency to buy an item with?
  11. svann Augur

tabs?
    Yinla likes this.
  12. smash Augur

I would much rather have some kind of way to show me what is sold for normal currency, then tab me over to other currency.

And for each item i actually have to move mouse over to see what kind of currency is used for this item.

What happens if i sort on some vendor who sells items in various currencies, like plat and example seb coins?

And have the vendor show me price in way it used to, with plat gold silver copper.

Now, unless you do change it back to old look, you also need to change /bazaar, because it shows old way.
  13. Moege Elder

Would much rather have tabs than mixed currency in a list it leads to confusion.

e.g
    If a vendor sells for plat/ old seb coins / marks of valor

3 different tabs where you can then have the tab have a icon of required currency, then when you switch to that tab you can display the items + how much of that currency you have.

If you stick to then single list, remove the clutter of the icons and make it when you select an item it displays which currency is used.
  14. Hludwolf Developer

I suggest looking at the ldon merchant's items for a rough idea. Given they do not currently have icons and are represented by text instead. Needing 5 different tabs for the different ldon types seems less usable.
  15. Moege Elder

Still need to go to the ldon vendors just have not had time yet.

Text may cause even more clutter e.g 'Ancient Sebilisian Coin'. That is a whole lot to fit into such a small space. Could help if the icon/text was the last column.

Don't think it is will be less usable, here is what I think is going to happen if vendors sell for platinum and currency. To confirm just ask anyone who uses a guild portal vendor ;)

Player comes along and sells large boulder and runes1...999 to vendor
    Next player comes along and wants to buy for currency, presented with a long list of useless junk mixed in with the platinum items, player now needs to use search/sort/sroll or give up in disgust.

It has always irritated me that I see useless junk on the vendor. Yes it gives a lived feel to them at the same time it just makes finding something a pain, would love that if a person sold such an item to them (not quest / tradeskill tag) it doesn't even appear for buyback, for bonus points have them be sarcastic: Oh great adventure I am so glad you thought me worthy of wanting XYZ piece of junk, next time maybe something I can resell ?

NB: Have 2 eyeteeth to trade for setting portal vendor to sell only / no buying. Already knocked out ready for collection.

May be going off on a tangent and it is not planned to have vendors sell for platinum / points / currency at the same time ?

Having the amount of items get longer and longer is not a good idea, I dread trading with Blacksmith Gerta in plane on knowledge, list takes a while to show up. The alchemy vendor just around the corner is a friend to all patient people.
  16. smash Augur

If tab not the best, then a dropdown with the currencies the vendor sells items for. But not items that sells with mixture of currencies as mentioned before.

Then PoK vendors should be optimized by removing the option of selling items, so they only have a fixxed types of items to sell. As post before there some vendors that take too long to see storage from.

Make a new vendor where people can sell items to.

At the same time remove the recover tab from ALL vendors and make a npc with "Lost items" basically got the items you wanna recover.

I think the sell, recover could help on optimizing things.
    Moege likes this.
  17. Moege Elder

Still want them to buy, just destroy junk, I have fun vendor shopping for thing people sell to them that I need. I thing there are a few others that also like this little random shopping.
  18. smash Augur

You would still be able to do this, but only on 1 or 2 vendors.

Beside who decide what is trash or treasure?

It as as soon a vendor does not have static store that causes it to be slow.
  19. Moege Elder

The 1 or 2 vendors is the problem it removes the incentive to check a few and maybe get lucky, now everyone will by default constantly be checking those that are sellable to and very quickly they will fill up with trash and the treasures will be lost.

The item flag decides if it is trash or not, wearable / tradeskill / quest etc is not junk anything without a flag is junk.

Disagree on the static list that cause the delay, Blacksmith Gerta has such a huge static list that I doubt she keeps anything sold to her, still slow to show.
  20. Moege Elder

Looked at them, looks better, still cluttered. Suggest moving the currency to the last column.

LDoN points is separate per dungeon would like to say which currency you have at the bottom.

Now it just says you have XX adventure points available.
    Suggest
    You have XX (currency name) points available

As the ldon vendor only sells per dungeon the suggestion above doesn't really matter (yet). If they are really going to be selling mixed types it may.

If you don't want the tabs then a dropdown filter for the currency would work.
    e.g
    All
    platinum
    Adv (Eve)
    Adv (Ruj)
    etc

Dropdown can then be expanded for other filters also that filters on the item flags (no idea if this could even be implemented client side)
    e.g
    tradeskills
    quest
    armor