Anything Actually New?

Discussion in 'General Beta Discussion' started by mehtsenob, Nov 9, 2017.

1. mehtsenob Elder

New levels, zones, AA's and so forth are standard fare. In the past, pretty much every new expansion introduced something something that was actually new to the game (maps, charms, mounts, a keyring, tribute, guild management, etc.).

Maybe I missed it in a not-yet-had-my-coffee-today-moment, but is there anything actually new this time?

How about another key ring? One for ACTUAL keys? Or Nimbus items? Or Portal Clickies (Brick of Knowledge, Drunkard's Stein, etc.) (excluding potions but including clickies that use a reagent... just have the reagent in your bags)?

And please, allow us to buy more familiar key ring slots, 125 max is not enough. It does mean more DB Cash purchases to buy those slots. :)
  2. Jalelorf Lorekeeper

According to the signature his name is Bonzz. He has a whole website dedicated to himself.

Bonzz could be the Fancy of Paladins. LOL
    :D
  3. Prathun Developer

The features that the team focused on this year are available to everyone.
    We believed that the calendar, item find, and consolidated merchant window, being quality of life UI improvements, should not be restricted to the expansion purchase.
  4. Axxius Augur

Item Find is far more useful than all keyrings together, IMO. People on these forums like to tell the devs what's worth spending time on. Well, if implementing Item Find means we aren't getting another keyring this year - I'm totally fine with that. :cool:
  5. Rorce Augur

This, absolutely! Item Find is the best quality of life feature we've gotten in...possibly ever, to be honest! Thanks, devs, for that one!
  6. Glandga Journeyman

Is the consolidated merchant window just related to UI or a step to bypass the 2m limitation "soon"?
  7. Tucoh Augur

I'm more interested in the content than anything else, but I'm a little disappointed that there's no new gameplay mechanics, not even a relatively small one like the synergies in EoK. Then again they probably focused that effort in the increase to level 110, so it's easy to cut them a break for it.
  8. Houdini Lorekeeper

I just LOVE the new Find Item tool you guys added. I think the Dev's do like us after all :)
  9. klanderso Developer

It's a step to unify the various merchant windows. So instead of all the types of merchants having their own unique type of windows, they now use the same one. And you can search in it!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Nniki and Glandga like this.
  10. mehtsenob Elder

"I'm more interested in the content than anything else, but I'm a little disappointed that there's no new gameplay mechanics, not even a relatively small one like the synergies in EoK. Then again they probably focused that effort in the increase to level 110, so it's easy to cut them a break for it."

True
  11. Glandga Journeyman

When will my bazaar trader be able to set items for Noble or even Krono? :rolleyes::p
    mehtsenob likes this.
  12. mehtsenob Elder

No doubt this is a great new thing they added, 100% agree... but it is all ready in place (thus, it is not actually new to RoS).
  13. Tinyfeet Elder

I know what's not new... Necro dot revamps.
  14. kizant Augur

People wanted new levels for some reason.That requires a lot of cookie-cutter work that takes away from the time available to do new things.
  15. Andarriel Augur

I love the find command its awesome now just waiting for bigger trader bags ;)

Andarriel
  16. Nolrog Augur

Agree. One of the best QOL things we've seen in a while.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I was kind of thinking the same thing when they first implemented it and had the alt currencies still separate from the coins, but since they put them all in the same thing it doesn't look like that. I am hoping that in the future they will revert it somewhat and allow us to sell stuff for a combination of an alt currency (say one that you get from bankers that they trade for 1000 plat) and coins. But it sounds like right now they are just looking to get the merchant windows merged into one, which is fine.
  18. Angahran Augur

I never understood the demand for new levels, you just get the same stuff you already had with maybe a 0.001% increase, while the NPCs get a 5000% increase to all their stats.

At least when there is no level increase there is a chance of getting something 'new'.
  19. Yinla Augur

Any way to make the merchant window optional? I really dont like the change.
  20. Jumbur Augur

My guess is that, the merchant-window change is more about improving the software-architecture, and not really something that the common player will get all that worked up about.
    However a more robust software-architecture will make it much easier for the devs to make other future improvements too, which in the (really) long run is a good thing.
    The true payoff for the change will come later, and we will not know that the merchant-window change was a needed step on the way, when we see it.

Just as the the move to a real database for character-data, was a needed step towards the find item tool. ;)

If what I guessed is correct, then it does at the very least mean that the developers are thinking long-term, that is: It confirms that the developers are sure that EQ is not dying...:D