Anyone want to mess around in classic?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DefenseEQ, Mar 28, 2015.

1. DefenseEQ Augur

Anyone want to roll some toons and play through classic while we wait for the server to open?

Don't care what server.
  2. Aenoan Augur

I might be down, I am kinda bored.
  3. DefenseEQ Augur

I just noticed that guild post in this section about them playing in classic right now.
  4. Aenoan Augur

Yeah they are on Vox ?
  5. DefenseEQ Augur

Yeah I just made a high elf cleric/mage
  6. Aenoan Augur

Nice. I am gonna try a tank I guess. Half Elf Scumlord I mean Paladin lol.
    pally is Arannis
  7. Numiko Augur

been practicing for a while now, found Gnomes have a huge advantage in nothing in their newbie yards is agro, even the Kobalds just sit there waiting to be killed.... made level 10 in a hour or so.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

But... then you gotta be a gnome. That's just wrong!
    Zoggzog and Numiko like this.
  9. Numiko Augur

I have been playing a dark elf so long that one time I was in line in EB games to pick up the latest EQ expansion and they had a poster with some dark elves on it promoting the expansion on the wall ...

some guys behind me said "hey look at the dark elf" and the first thought that popped into my head was "how did they spot me!!".....:eek:

...... yes I need help .. :oops:
    Zoggzog, Dandy and Crayon123 like this.
  10. Ultrazen Augur

I've started a number of box teams in actual starting locations the past few weeks, trying to figure out what I wanted to do come prog server release. It's pretty fun to start from scratch and see what works.

That being said, if a few things aren't reverted or changed, there is going to be some serious trivializing of the content by a few classes.
    Xanadas and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  11. Xenyn Lorekeeper

I think I will start on the qeynos/ever frost side. Never started there before and assume it will be the emptier side of the world.
  12. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Go all out. Go Erudite. Once you go Erudite...
  13. Aenoan Augur

I plan to start qeynos side too. That or Odus if its up, which most likely will be.
  14. Numiko Augur

Evil Erudite have their own private newbie yard with instant spawn stuff that will easily get them to level 5 or 6 which is a nice kick start
  15. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Shhh, don't tell. Move along folks, nothin to see here.
    Zoggzog, Mezrah and Dandy like this.
  16. Blingx Augur

Everyone is going to pick Qeynos side thinking it will be the empty side. Come launch no one will be in Freeport. ^_^

Also not many like the new Freeport layout.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  17. Flandersian Augur

Tox/Paineel has been so empty on both previous Prog servers (2x Erudite here). I rolled a barb shaman on Fippy last time around, and couldn't even hand my note into the GM because of all the naked barbarians surrounding him. Swapped over to an Erudite and killed newb crap with ease until I was ready for some blackburrow action.
  18. Frenzic Augur

No one will be in Gfay! Least populated noobie zone by far!
    Zoggzog, Mezrah, anathema and 2 others like this.
  19. Irbax_Smoo Augur

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at this one.
    Zoggzog, Frenzic and anathema like this.
  20. Darth Augur

It always is, it's how you get ahead of the curve on XP. The issue is once you hit the mid teens nothing good is close.