anyone tested the changes to shaman/druid dot mana cost?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Mehdisin Mahn, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

i'm lazy and haven't looked.... are we back to pre-nerf mana/damage ratios? or at least close?
  2. Vesuvius New Member

I didn't look at what the pre-nerf ratios were, but it looks like the following changes were made for druids:

Horde going from 18242 mana to 16335 (c. 10.4% reduction)
    Sunflash going from 6664 mana to 5630 (c. 15.5% reduction)
    Argent Moonbeam going from 10189 mana to 2386 (c. 76.5% reduction) Very low dmg DoT
    NFW going from 14259 mana to 11219 (c. 21.3% reduction)
    Chill of Copestender from 13299 to 12118 (c. 8.9% reduction)
    Overwhelming Sunray from 15549 to 3767 (c. 75.7% reduction) Very low dmg DoT
  3. Ninelder Augur

Shaman got some of their stuff boosted in damage as well as the their mana lowered. Druids just got a slight mana reduction. It really hasn't changed anything for druids as far as making them usable again.

You have Sunflash and NFW, the latter of which you may want to use only with GoM procs. Unfortunately both are fire based, and over half of RoS is immune to fire. The rest are useless.

I haven't checked to see if sunray and moonbeam have had their debuff un-nerfed back into usefulness yet. If if has been un-nerfed you would only use those on raids, maybe.
  4. Flowst New Member

Did a test on the guild hall target dummy. While I can't offer you any specific math, they did lower the mana cost of the spells. Nothing significant in my opinion. The spell power/damage is still very disappointing.

Hoping anyone at Daybreak reads this. Terrible decision to do this to a waning player base.
    On my end you have lost 6 paid subscriptions now. Happy 19 years, I cancelled mine.
  5. Jetslam Augur

Based off of the changes on EQResource, the majority of spells had reduced mana cost of around 15-20%. The mana cost on Jinx/Curse went down about 30% and the damage was boosted about 10%.

While not back to their previous damage/mana ratios, they're better than they were. I'd prefer to see damage upped slightly still across the board or to reconfigure the damage on some and reduce others. Ideally, our magic dots should be great damage as they were previously, with the poison ones being decent, and the disease being terrible in the short game, but decent on raids/names.

That way in groups where mobs last 15-30s, we can cast magic/magic/swift/swift and get a decent amount of damage on the mob. As it stands now, that combo doesn't do enough per tick to handle the fast kill times in good groups.
  6. Cloudia Augur

No real numbers as I am too lazy to go back and dig up the old values and do the number crunch dance against the new set.
    As a druid who usually plays dot heavy.
    Going just on gut feel I am about where I was before they started the dot revamp only using more mana for the same end results. My dots feel like they are doing about the same relative to the mobs increased hit points over a period of time or maybe a bit less overall. Line stacking was never an issue for me as I got out of that habit long ago to bring in a mix of nukes and heals for my role as all around utility. If I was restricted to 8 spell gems I would be in a world of hurt.
    As I have done for the last 18 plus years I will just continue to improvise adapt and overcome.
    RenDnB likes this.
  7. Leigo You come here often?

Haven't been on since patch, though I'll see tomorrow..
    Honestly if they had just done a 10% dmg reduction the 1st time, I'd have been fine with that... /Sigh more tuning.
  8. S33k3r Augur

I've started using sunray and moonbeam on raids again although we pick which druid(s) will cast them on the events. On raids (and groups) mana seems to last a little longer enough that I'm not always praying for GoM.

Damage wise I'm doing a little below what I did in EoK (post 1st DoT revamp) but only using 4 DoTs so less spell swapping.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

Using chaotic and breath combo dots as an example.. used to be 20%+ usage, looks to be about 12% now.. much more sustainable.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

yeah, I can pretty much cast the full compliment of shaman dots indefinitely now. good for soloing at least.