Anyone running a dark elf SK?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by OldMan, Mar 11, 2018.

1. OldMan New Member

Hello,
    Working through some options on a duo and it seems SK is a good choice if I don't plan on raiding much. Going to get going on Coirnav just for the fresh start and a server that will go to all expansions.
    Planning on an SK but I just hate the large races so thinking of a dark elf SK will all points to Stamina. Going to duo with a halfling druid and am a casual player (maybe 10 hours a week) so not trying to level fast and just want a viable duo.
    Is anyone playing a dark elf SK that is on a progression server that can tell me the good and bad of a dark elf sk?
    Thanks in advance
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Good night vision...
  3. moogs Augur

On a progression server, you have to be a little bit more careful with where you choose to travel. That's only because the guards will be able to kill you and won't be shy about it. You'll have to find some neutral areas to meet up. Not a huge deal though.
  4. rippah30 Lorekeeper

I'll be rolling a DE SK/Wiz duo. Just sticking to the same race makes sense for me, they can both go/not go the same areas. Just my thoughts though.

I'm rolling DE because :
    a) I've never played one to a high level before
    b) DE looks sexy in Plate
    c) Nek is convenient access to Commons

If you want to have a chat, or are thinking of joining a casual guild, hop into the Discord for <Renewed Order>, you'll find me and some other nice folks there. I'm Horkon. https://discord.gg/htnX8KZ

There's a few of us starting over in that area, either as Dark Elves, Trolls, Ogres, Freeport starting areas so even though you're of a casual mindset, there should be some people to group with when you are on.

Hope to chat with you :)
    OldMan likes this.
  5. Magic Augur

Interesting duo, why wiz? :)
    I am also want to roll a SK and thinking about sham or cleric duo, but WIZ?!
  6. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Wanted to play one? lol

I wanted something else that started in Neriak, and they get ports which is handy. I'm absolutely 100% sure this isn't the best duo in the world, or even the best box for a SK, but I'm sure I'll have fun anyway :)
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

I have played an sk for over 14 years and managed to make other top level toons minus 4 classes. I used to 4 box (before mercs) and usually went sk, wiz, chanter, shaman. Wiz is one of the easiest classes to box , just make macros and go. The ports are very nice as well. Basically I dont want to play more than one melee class in my box sets otherwise they are really watered down. Its tuff to beat a well played mage though and coth , ds and pet tanking in emergency are all good things. Play what you want to and will have fun with!
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sk/dps is a pretty good duo in the modern game actually. On TLP without healer mercs available, would think not so much. But sounded like that poster was playing with others so he’ll probably have a healer anyway.
  9. EQ forum name New Member

I tried out a Ranger on TLP and was shocked how often I got stunned. Probably already started but I'd be an ogre. Get the mask.