Anyone know of a way to make the default fontsize 8?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have tried changing it in the eq ini I have tried changing it in each toons ini at the same time but when I log in only the main chat window retains the fontsize. All the others won't. The reason it is a big deal is when using a 4k display the font is tiny and my standard set up on each toon is 7 chat windows two with tabs. Did make a chat social so I click on each chat window click the hotbutton to change the fontsize to 8 so that it is easily readable.

AND if for the next expansion Daybreak could include some native support for 4k displays that would be nice. At least change the typing pane in the chat windows to accept /chatfontsize changes.

Still can't figure out what when I edit the eqclient.ini and all the toon ini to say /chatfontsize 8 that I can load the game and it isn't. I have heard it saves fine in all the windows for some but not for me.

Anyway throwing that out there in case someone has some new ideas.

Plus Daybreak if you are reading this. Aging EQ population with more disposable income to buy 4k monitors... think about it :)
  2. Caell Augur

The devs aren't getting any younger, surely they are starting to have some of the same sight issues (I know I have to take my glasses off to see things up close now, when I didn't need to before.) Hopefully will move this issue higher up the fix it soon list.

And while they are in there mucking with UI code, optional window snapping alignment with screen sides and other windows edges would be great! Would make arranging windows much easier. Oh and a default UI that isn't a convoluted mess (start a new char and look at the window setup if you don't know what I'm talking about.)