Anyone heard any rumors....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryan Depping, May 30, 2013.

1. Ryan Depping New Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard any new rumors about a new Progression server? Got the itch to come back to the game after a while and its nice being able to play free but I'm so far behind everyone now that it just isn't all that fun. I know progressions are gold member only and would be more than willing to pay for it to get the old classic feel just curious if anyone has heard anything lately. :/
  2. fastboy21 Augur

Nothing. They aren't even talking about the current TLPs anymore, much less the next generation of them. I wouldn't expect anything until possibly SOE Live (August)...and then it may not be news of a new TLP.
  3. Toquillaw Augur

Latest rumor I heard was that SOE staff are all on bronz accounts, so nobody even knows the FTP servers exist. :D
    Dexar likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

Since it could well be years till a new progression server is released, why not try the current ones? It's much easier to get caught up on Fippy/Vulak than it is on live.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Mistress Journeyman

From my understanding the only thing on the SOE EQ calendar is RoF T4 then after they they've got nothing else planned. Could decide to add something more and or new in the future but who knows.
  6. Drelik Lorekeeper

SOE live is when they like to make major announcements. I think they will announce the merge of fippy/vulak and new special ruleset server(IE Progression etc).
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Wont happen at all until Fippy/Vulak is on the same expansion as all the other live servers. IE more than a year+ away. They stated from the start of the first progression servers, and again with the creation of this newer round of progression servers, that there will be no 'new' progression servers until the current ones are on the same expansion as the normal rule Live servers.

As others have suggest give the current progression servers a try. Though I really think that your issue is more with your own perception than with actually being "so far behind." It is not that hard to get caught up to a reasonable spot to play, but it does require doing some stuff on your own and taking the initiative to create groups, make new friends, join a guild, and just ask questions. Also, ignore the people that tell you you must have thousands of AAs to be useful at suchandsuch level.
  8. Malachi Augur

Only thing about that is the last round of progression servers caught up to the live servers much much quicker. This is due to the different mechanisms in which each server unlocks content. Also there were less expansions at that time to catch up to.
    And even more so...everyone back then paid the same to play on any server of Everquest. Paying a gold sub when there are free options may make that gold subscription more of a deterrent to some people wanting to play these current TLP servers. This circumstance never existed in the last round of progression servers.

As for what "they" say and what really happens in the future...well...ya. (laugh)
    Although they are busy with other projects, they are really missing out on some potential profit in my opinion. And their game (nor their target audiences) aren't getting any younger.

I believe all bets are off if you see a dramatic drop in population of Fippy. Its highly unlikely that will happen. But in time, there's a chance it could and it maybe sooner than the point where the server "catches up".
    Toquillaw likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

I think if there were going to be a big drop in population, it would have happened at some point in the last 3-4 months. Being stuck at 70 for the better part of a year was rough. TSS should bring some new excitement, and will things progress fairly quickly from here with only a couple more expansions with no level increases, and never two back to back.

SoD, and mercs, may end up driving a bunch from the server, but guess we'll see.
  10. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I think we've seen the biggest drop in population right now, during PoR... It happened on live when PoR was current, and if your playing on the TLP's u can see the effect of it yet again right now.

I think you may be right machen that SoD and mercs may drive some of the "purest" and "classic seekers" from the server. But at the same time it will be an invitation for everyone who enjoys "new" everquest to roll on the TLP's. with mercs soloing to max level with any class becomes much much easyer.
    Toquillaw likes this.
  11. Malachi Augur

The invitation comes at a cost though as every other server holds that very invitation without a price tag. So the draw will have to be majorly wanting to "progress" with a limited implementation of content and have the will to pay for it with full knowledge that a similar experience can be had for less amount of financial investment.
  12. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

true and also not true.. you cant progress threw to content in SoD UF and HoT as u once could on live.. people who want to see that content would best be served to do so on the TLP's.. past SoD if you want any gear/augs worth a damn you have to be gold anyways as prestige will keep u from being able to use any of the gear. So the financial investment of progressing past SoD+ on live or TLP's in the raid game is the same.

Also you can only have 1000aa's as a silver member with out investing in unlockers. At 85 there is far more aa then that. So again if you want to progress in the raid game, gold members ship would be required.
  13. Machen New Member

It hasn't helped that PoR coincided with the start of summer. We've always had a drop this time of year. I'm not sure how much is attributed to the expansion, how much is summer, and how much are people genuinely leaving the server, but we're definitely down a bit. I tend to think it'll pick right back up in TSS though.
  14. Nolrog Augur

I think it had a lot to do with the string of no level no AA (or few AA) expansions we had in a row though. Once TSS hits, I think some people will return for the levels and the AAs. TSS was a good expansion I think.
  15. Toquillaw Augur

I sure hope TSS can bring people back. It was a great expansion, and since it is the last one targeted at the full range of levels it is the last chance to revive Vulak.

My wife and I got bored in PoR far faster than we thought, and we used the double exp weekend to start fresh on FV (and like it there very much). But, we also like Vulak and would either come back or play on both for a bit.

We are both very casual players, and it is hard for us to believe we actually want that expansion series pushed through faster (for us, Darkhollow-PoR could have been lumped in with DoN, like LDoN and LoY were lumped in with PoP).

I haven't checked lately, when is the vote coming up for TSS?
  16. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

vote should open around the end of the month.
  17. Nolrog Augur

I totally agree. I think next time around, they need to combine those expansions and open them up two at a time, to reduce the sluggishnesh thru this time period. Those were fine when originally released, because that's where the population was, but on the TLP, it's certainly not where we were so it ended up being a difficult time to muster through.