Anyone else remember???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

When - Raid Mobs dropped tradable gear? Now only to be relegated down to Soloable content twink mobs.

(Can't wait to see how many newbs reply saying raid mobs never dropped tradabel gear)

I don't recall those days lasting any longer than the Velious era. Can anyone point to a newer expac than Velious where this still applies?
  2. Khauruk Augur

If they did, it was quite limited in scope. And rightly so, imo.

I can't remember anything outside of epic 1.5 fight chests offhand, but there may be others.
  3. Tharrg Augur

I think there are some limited items in Luclin..but agreed... Velious was the end... that is also when they decided to start adding recommended and required levels to items as well. The push was to stop high levels from twinking lower level characters. Now of course 13years later and those mobs are still being permacamped for their droppable items. I dont think the plan worked. Or at least.. its unattended consequence of making those raid bosses loot more valubale backfired..
  4. Draego Augur

Well that didn't take long at all.....

Ok Starting the list with the mobs I can name right off the top of my head:

Original EQ
    Lord Nagafen
    Lady Vox

Kunark
    Gorenaire
    Severilous
    Talendor
    Feydedar
    Venril Sathir
    Trakanon

Velious
    Lodizal (2 - 3 groupable/ small raid)
    King Tormax
    Lady Mirinella

I know I am missing a few but those are just some of the mobs right off the top of my head.
  5. Apathy Elder

If u consider spells twinkish, then the raid mobs in ssra still have tradeable spells. Ofcourse, one can just go to the pok spell vendors if they have the plat.
  6. Draego Augur

That is a valid argument on one side definitely, though with the introduction of every spell on merchants in PoK now it does relegate it to a moot point.

But I personally will still count the argument in the positive. :D
  7. Rolli New Member

Remember when you'd kill something like AoW or KT and you'd have around 5 people waiting to ninja loot the gear? :p
  8. Tharrg Augur

yes ...... like last week.. from what I hear...
  9. Zenthan New Member

Indeed. I was just discussing this with a friend the other day.

If you had one of these items, and you won a new upgrade, you would be expected to "pass down" the tradeable item to the next eligible guildie.

The only caveat to the tradeable gear is that lots of these mobs are basically permacamped so makes it hard to get some epic 1.0 stuff.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

PoP had a couple - tradeable items from the PoN event or Caprin cycle, Ornate breastplates, etc.
  11. Draego Augur

Ah yes forgot about those too.......
  12. Draego Augur

Maybe they should start doing this again with the "open world" raid mobs.....

One caveat I would suggest if they do start doing something like that is to make a new tag NO BAZAAR or NO TRADER..... while it wouldn't overly prevent those "lock down" farmers from trying to do just that, by creating a new tag that wouldn't allow Open World Raid gear to be sold in the Bazaar, might help discourage the permafarming.
  13. Grento Journeyman

I believe the elemental planes had some also but ic an't remember exact items. I think there was a pretty good cloak in PoFire from one of the big birds but i'm not 100% certain.
  14. Dre. Altoholic

All that stuff was NO DROP.

The other PoP items of note were tradeskilled bows - game changer for group Rangers.