Anyone else like Achievements?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aurmoon, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Aurmoon Augur

Achievements aren't mentioned too often, and when they are, they don't appear that popular. Personally I really like the concept as it gives me something to focus on once I'm max level and well geared. While the reward was questionable, I found it very cool to complete the SoD "Timeshear" quest that necessitated beating every single mission SoD. The big bag rewards were very cool for completing all Hunter achievements in HoT.

Am I alone here? I'm really looking forward to when the TLP server hits the expansions with extensive achievements.
  2. Frenzic Augur

I think they are pretty cool. No harm was done in adding them. I'm not an expert on it though, are there rewards for completing certain ones? If there are rewards then it should not be added.
  3. Aurmoon Augur

The rewards really don't come into play until 10+ expansions in and they are not out of era or overpowered in any way.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

I like the achievement system. There are some cool ones in there.

I abhorrently detest the inanely gargantuan number of petty and trivial achievements that everyone gets spammed with.
  5. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

A week or two ago someone asked me on here what my biggest wishlist items were. I listed things that I thought were critical options for server viability. If all that stuff were already happening and we just had free dev time to go into Christmas land with, adding achievements to all the older content would definitely be near or at the top of my list.
  6. Mulerien Elder

Yes, I enjoy achievements. A lot of the conquest achievements are challenging, and trying to do them will make you a better EQ player in the long run learning different techniques and skills in the game to enable you to beat differeing scenarios
  7. Aurmoon Augur

You can turn them off in the filters I believe.
  8. Numiko Augur

would give people something to do waiting for the next expansion pack to be opened!.

and the best rewards seem to be Trophies that will not work unless you have a house (I think) so they would not give any advantage for a long time.
  9. Fenudir Augur

Achievements are meh. I'd personally prefer that less got locked behind them but I'm lucky that I have a good group that I play with so I don't get rooster-blocked by them like so many other players do.

Collections are an insult. Nothing like wasting resources in order to treat players like a bunch of five year olds on an Easter egg hunt.
  10. Machen New Member

I'd love to see achievements in from the start, as long as the out of era rewards continue to be blocked.

Even better would be to add hunter achievements to older expansions. Doubt they would consider that worth the time investment though (and probably neither would I when you get right down to it.)
  11. Darth Augur

Yes. Next question?
  12. Dre. Altoholic

Sharing achievements is a good idea.
    Sharing achievements every 10 yards you walk is not.