Anyone else having problems with Balefire Burst or other fades not working in RoS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rineryen, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Rineryen Journeyman

I first noticed this when trying to dump aggro when crossing a zone and nothing seemed to break off. Then I used balefire burst while off tanking to reduce aggro on mobs and noticed that my aggro does not lower at all. In other zones it would drop to zero. Have others noticed problems with their fades?
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I've noticed both cleric and warrior versions (effectively the same aa) working fine for the most part. (any issues I've had could be attributed to user error)
  3. Millianna Augur

They don’t work on named.
  4. Repthor Augur

theres a range limitation for the blur to work. So if your not far enough away all it will do is lower your spot on the mobs rampage list

Also theres a lvl cap on the aa so if the target your trying to fade off is higher then said cap it wont fade you only lower your spot on the rampage list
  5. fransisco Augur

My friend's bard tried fading a named. Re-faded like 10 times and it kept re-agroing.
    Something is definately wrong here.
  6. Thrillho Augur

The fade equation was changed during one of the AA consolidations. It now works as a successful fade if mob level <= your level + 5. If you're maxed out, you can fade a mob that is level 115 or below. Some named are going to be higher than this. Not sure why you would have issues while training across a zone, unless you had a named in the bunch or aren't level 110.

This consolidation has an inconvenient impact in raids. We can no longer fade off a raid boss in order to use an out-of-combat ability, such as breather / hiatus.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

8. Ryanxp Augur

9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Last night in OT i tried to fade off some sarnaks on my druid, failed.

Group of like 5, blue to yellow con (im 110 on druid), hit vinelash spell to snare/root em all.then I hit veil of worthlessness, as I ran away from them and didnt get a successful fade. Granted I used the crap outa this aa in EoK and worked all the time.

**edit

I will say on my pally it seems to work with distance more often. Tag a group of mobs, turn and run, hit saviour speed then leap, stop for a sec and hit bale. Seems to have about a 90 ish percent success rate then.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Critical fumbles for skill checks should have stayed in DnD. The only critical success equivalent I can think of for EQ is for Taunt, but that took 16-17 years before it got put in. Gate failures are dumb, trivial recipe failures are dumb, and fade failures are dumb. I still loathe the patch that nerfed the hell out of fades and forced movement abilities in the name of "pulling." On top of failure chance and added restrictions to use, many of those abilities outright do not work now because they have not been updated for the level cap change.
    Robnie likes this.