Any way to view an auged item's base stats?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mediik, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Mediik Augur

So the subject says it all. I want to compare an item I'm wearing that's all auged up with an item that dropped side by side without having to de-aug. Is there a way to do that?

There's a little modified/unmodified toggle on gear that doesn't seem to do anything. Somehow I thought there was some weird combo like alt-shift right click or something.

Thanks!
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Not that I can think of. Some math required.
    Generally it's easy to think of it in gear tiers. A T2 item will almost always be better than a T1 item.
    It gets more complicated if you're comparing old raid gear to new group gear.
  3. Intenso Augur

4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Look at the item, look at the aug, subtract. That's how I do it.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The sad thing is that originally the modified/unmodified button did exactly this, but then they patched this out because that was not what was intended and instead it was just meant to adjust for rec levels and power sources.
  6. Mediik Augur

Ahh.. too bad.

This seems like a fairly straightforward thing to implement and a pretty nice QOL type thing to do for all servers.
  7. moogs Augur

eq.zam.com
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I wish there was a way built into the game to do that. One of the reasons I created my EverQuest Inventory Report program (http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/EverQuest_Inventory_Report) is so I can click on the Lucy or Magelo link button to go directly to the item listing and see that information.

Of course, it's kind of excessive to install an entire program just to check that, when you can just go directly to Alla's or Lucy or Magelo and type in the name of the item. But it is a feature I added for this reason, among others.
  9. Rickate Augur

;join firiona.general
    ;1 can someone link <item> unaugged from /buyer
    ;1 thanks
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Mediik Augur

Maybe we can allow Link Bots back.. remember link bots?

Send tell to so and so with partial name and get back the link to the item.. Wonderful. Now that we have new server hardware.. surely it can handle it. I mean.. how much is the population growing? All these people cancelling 54 accounts and all...
  11. Funk Augur

You mean to tell me you don't have a bag with distillers VIII - XIX on you at all times? I thought we all did that now!
  12. Viper1 Augur

Modified/unmodified works to show the stats on scaling items such as charms that "increase in power the more ...." It will show the final max stats (unmodified) and the current (modified) stats based on your current situation. This is useful for items such as artisans prize to see how much you're missing.