Any update on new heroic characters?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Aug 30, 2022.

1. MarttinPH Augur

I haven't noticed anything. I was wandering if they could be delaying information until the last possible moment as to keep buying the level 85 heroics. I can't imagine they can sale both at the same price point as one makes the other moot. I can only think of a potential benefit if the level 85 version was allowed on TLP during CoTF or whatever expansion released it originally. I feel that it could do to release it with HoT though.
    Stymie likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would have expected to see a list of what is included with the level 100 heroics by now along with a release date.
    Fenthen and Stymie like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The roadmap says September. It is currently the end of August.

If you are not in rush, it may actually be prudent to wait to see if the next expansion's Collector Edition ($69) or Premium Edition ($139) will include one Level 100 Heroic Character if you want more "bang for the buck" or to avoid a duplicate HC. It may or may not be included.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, heaven forbid they get the information out early so the people that will actuall be buying them can give feedback.
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  5. Cidran Augur

Hope there is some information soon... I'm curious to know if we'll be able to upgrade an existing heroic once again, to get two more bags, bayle marks & another mount?
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Heaven forbid they don't ask everyone for feedback on things they are doing. It is likely they have already reached out to trusted sources for feedback on the plans for the new heroics.
  7. Riou EQResource

Maybe will see it around Test Patch time since it should hit there first
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Public feedback is pretty essential on big impact items like these. Look at how TLP rulesets get changed based on public feedback.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Public feedback isn't something is required, the developers are free to ask for it when they feel it will be helpful. Just because they ask for feedback and get a thread with hundreds of posts doesn't mean they will get any useful information that they didn't get from the sources they are currently using. Not to mention it will take a lot longer to sort through all that feedback and filter out what is good and what isn't.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s pretty important for trying to sell a product in mass.
    Hobitses and Stymie like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

And of course they ALWAYS listen to feedback on a Test patch to ensure broken/bugged content doesn't make it to Live a week later, right? :rolleyes:
    Hobitses and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

On the limits of feedback and market research:

“Some people say, "Give the customers what they want." But that's not my approach. Our job is to figure out what they're going to want before they do. I think Henry Ford once said, "If I'd asked customers what they wanted, they would have told me, 'A faster horse!'" People don't know what they want until you show it to them. That's why I never rely on market research. Our task is to read things that are not yet on the page.” -Steve Jobs
    Flatchy likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You may consider it important but that does not mean everyone else considers feedback that will likely have people giving conflicting suggestions useful.
  14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yeah, maybe they could hire like 3 people as like a bridge between the community and staff. Some people capable of taking community feedback and turning it into a resource. They could also communicate things from the staff to the community.

I can’t really think of a title for the position.
    Stymie, Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure it would be nice if there was more communication but the way some have been demanding it isn't going to help convince them to communicate more.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They had a lot of feedback when the road map was announced and we saw the heroic chars on the list. I'm just hoping they listened to some of it.
    Fenthen likes this.