Any UI makers out there who could make 4k elements?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would be really nice if someone made some UI elements that could make playing EQ at 4K a little nicer.

EQ does not let you change the font size in the typing pane of message windows for instance.

Could really use a large font in the guild roster to when playing at 4k. When names have a lot of l's i's or n's m's and r's it gets hard to make them out :)

A few years ago Janakin on EQInterface did some 4k elements but the one for the typing pane to enlarge text there got broken when tabs were added. Never was a Guild Roster one.

Oh and a way to save chatfontsize 8 to chat windows other then the main one. For some reason some chatfontsizes won't save to anything but the main window. Atm I make a social button /chatfontsize 8 then click on each of my 9 chat boxes/tabs and set it each time I log in.

I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. :)

In a perfect world the EQ UI itself could handle this stuff... but life isn't perfect *sighs*
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Xorsazis Augur

I dabbled in this a few years ago, and had something which worked well, but in the long run, using Windows scaling was easiest solution.

I had issues using Synergy with EQ when the server's desktop was scaled (and therefore scaled EQ). It would capture the mouse on the client PC in the lower corner, so I had to disable scaling in EQ, which led to a UI redesign for 4K.

Some elements cannot be modified. The guild roster was one iirc. I think extended target labels were another, although I am not 100% on that. I think I still have my 4K UI files somewhere, but a lot of the settings you may have to adjust manually (like button sizes for hotbars and chatfontsize).

I also believe someone once said that you can permanently keep chat windows at 8+ setting by modifying your UI file directly, but I never went beyond 7.

EDIT: Tooltips were the other item (like mouseover for buff name and duration as well as counters on the buffbar).
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Go to the high DPI settings for eqgame.exe and try different settings (Properties -> Compatibility -> Change high DPI settings). I have the two check boxes on that dialog box unchecked. I tried tweaking the UI for 4k but ran into the same problems that you saw and that Xorsazis mentioned.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

There's a confirmed open bug report on that, still needs to be patched. Chat font used to max at 5, then it was raised to 8 but somewhere it didn't bubble all the way up. If chat font 5 can work it will save, but until its patched you'll have to go through that workaround.