Any plans to allow rez tokens to be purchased?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ItzJusJonSkywalk, Jul 10, 2020.

1. ItzJusJonSkywalk New Member

Could even nerf their reuse/exp restore %/ etc

And make a killing
    Duder likes this.
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

Don't anger Big Cleric.
  3. Kiaro Augur

This -
    Its already hard enough as a main cleric on these TLPs as everyone and their brother has a cleric box.
    I kid you not, its the #1 class in LFG past Luclin. I was looking for a group, and went to form my own, to see zero tanks, 6 clerics and a handful of DPS (none of which were capable of tanking)
  4. Zansobar Augur

It's like that on all servers, not just TLPs. It's a problem with class design and the acceptance of boxing by the devs.
  5. Lejaun Augur

Huh? A cleric is one of the easiest classes to get a group with and is 100% the most requested "We don't have enough" classes for raiding guilds.
  6. Kiaro Augur

Raiding yes, XP groups - no. Its one of those catch 22s, guilds need clerics, but people don't want to wait around for a cleric, and its one of the easiest classes to box, so they roll one up, preferring to get XP on the box than bring in a PUG cleric.

But why don't we have any cleric mains for raids!!!!!!

I thought clerics had an easy time getting XP groups, until I mained one on a TLP.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Weird. I never have trouble getting a group with my cleric alt. Half the time I can barely even put up LFG ON before getting an invite.
  8. Kiaro Augur

If you're on a fresh TLP no, no problem then, wait until the Kunark-Velious gap where there is literally nothing todo besides leveling boxes.
  9. Machen New Member

If there is literally nothing to do, why do you need a group at that point? Not sure i'm following the argument here.
  10. code-zero Augur

I think that having them behind an in game currency wall of no trade currency is just fine. A wizard can abscond, return when the coast is clear and rez the cleric and get things back up again. Allowing a "whale" to straight up buy bags full of rez tokens would be a bad thing IMHO
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Kiaro Augur

You're disconnecting the order of events. Fresh TLP - more actual people group.
    Kunark and Velious everyones 60, so they level up their boxes/alts.
    Luclin hits - need AA grinding - boxed XYZ are all set, thus- limiting the amount of slots for others.
  12. spoopy Journeyman

they could just do 50% rez tokens...most people want it for the quick bring toon back option...and only useable out of combat
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How about if they created a call to corpse token to pair up with the rezz token?
    Personally I would be happy with it even replacing the rezz token.
  14. ForumBoss Augur

The overseer tetra currency let's you buy those tokens, but they nerfed it quite a bit and it's not available until sod or uf. At that point, an fd class and merc is usually sufficient.
  15. Protagonist Tank

Can you imagine how hard the nostalgiabaiters would scream about this when they came back for 3 weeks again during next year's server launch?
    Goburs likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If a nerd screamed on the forum & nobody bothered to read it does it make a noise?

Asking for a friend.
  17. KimchiGoddess Augur

No, it doesn't make a noise because it's text, not speech. However, if a nerd screams on the forum and nobody bothers to read it, it becomes written in invisible ink.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  18. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk