Any plans for accepting cryptocurrencies as payment?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arkanny, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Arkanny Augur

Any chance of being able to pay in bitcoin/litecoin/zcash/monero etc? That would drastically improve the quality of life for people like me, outside the USA.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

As volatile as that whole deal is I'd seriously doubt it.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Sure! All you have to do is convert them to $ first :)

But seriously, a quick Google search shows that a lot of major companies are starting to accept Bitcoin, so maybe some day :)
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually from what I read the trend is going the other way. Fewer companies are accepting bitcoin.
    Niskin likes this.
  5. Derd Augur

Announced today that facebook is no longer accepting advertising for any crypto currency. And no, I see no reason that any c c makes it easier for you to pay dbg money.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"Jan 17, 2018 - In the past day Bitcoin has lost $3000 - and has now halved in price over a month". Got a bridge to sell ya too!
  7. Kyzvs Augur

I live in the UK, I have never thought that BC would be easier than Visa / Amex / Mastercard to pay for my EQ...

Can you explain how it would "drastically improve the quality of life for people like me, outside the USA", coz I never ever think about my subs now that AB is more stable (though not 100%) and I'm not to cancel at the moment.

They would have to change the BC price every few minutes - can't see that happening reliably! :p
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I definitely see "use cases" where some people in the world would not have easy access to the dollar or credit cards. I think it is disturbing that we take if for granted that everybody has access to those, either legally or functionally, and that a lot of people seem to think those should be the only way that anybody should be able to do business.

On the other hand, the immaturity (and resulting instability) of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies has certainly kept me away and I would assume the same holds true for most businesses. But I still have hope that, if and after they stabilize, they will provide a cloud-regulated currency (as opposed to government-regulated) that will allow greater access to global commerce for more of the world's people.
  9. svann Augur

Its not a real currency if people dont use it to buy stuff.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

Are they buying bitcoin with their good looks?
    Kyzvs likes this.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Adding bitcoin as a payment option was last year's fad. This year's fad is removing bitcoin as a payment option. Get with the times people!
    svann and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What do you buy your dollars with?
  13. complexication Kassina

With how utterly unstable cryptocurrencies are as a general whole, I would certainly hope not.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Agreed. Not needed or wanted. Those who have bitcoin enjoy the “stock market” it is.
  15. fortuneteller Augur

I hope this is not something where we should read between the lines which says: "I have bought a huge amount of bitcoins, when the price were high, how do I get rid of them, recovering some of the Money"
  16. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Panic would be understandable, if bitcoin hadn't recovered every single time there is a slow period.

And keep in mind it works the other way- there was a guy who accepted 10,000 bitcoins to order two Papa John's pizzas for an acquaintance in 2010. That amount of btc was worth about 100 million dollars at the peak.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am positive bitcoin will recover every single time it drops until the time it doesn't. :)
    Yinla likes this.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Just like the US dollar? :)
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Yes.