Any new starting city after the Serpent's Spine expansion?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cambrey, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Cambrey New Member

Hi everybody. This is pretty much where I left EQ. I'd like to come back and start all over again, but in a new city. Thanks for the answers!
  2. SunDrake Augur

No, that was the last expansion designed for 1-75 play, and the last player city added.
  3. Cambrey New Member

What a shame. Thanks for the answer!
  4. Grove Augur

For many/most race-class combinations on paying accounts start city can be reset to that of your racial origin. That would be back to the way it was in 1999. Even if you do not officially reset, you can still do the quests there.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't think they offer the reset anymore (/setstartcity?). It was only for returning accounts that were accidentally set to Cresent Reach when Free accounts were set to CR and it was one time only.

I only know of 2 ways to set a different starting city now. One it to make a paying account at start up which will allow you to choose starting city in character creation.

The other less dependable way is to race change which is supposed to reset your start city also. You would need to buy the race change scroll in marketplace. But that does not say it will do that in description, just that it will set your bind point to POK.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

no new ones but they did add two new class/races after but they used the current starting cities.
  7. Scorrpio Augur

SS is the last expansion that added a race (Drakkin) and a starting city/area. No more classes/races/starting areas after that.
    And why is it 'a shame'? A lvl 1-50 character already has about 10x more places for leveling in than a post - 70 one.
  8. Caell Augur

A purchasable (with DBG cash) reset start city scroll to an appropriate city for your race would be a good way for DBG to make some extra money. Surely there's some chars on free accounts that would want to switch to their racial city, or older accounts currently in their racial city that would want to take advantage of being in Crescent Reach.
  9. Tucoh Augur

With the speed of leveling <60, you'd have to level like, 10 different characters to see all the content if you merely most of a zone once when you leveled in it, much less camped an area for hours like we used to do.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

Biggest thing is convenience factor. For some race/class combos, a PoK book is real close, making Origin a convenient option. I.e. Wood Elves. My DE SK, however, gets deposited in 3rd Gate SK guild, thats 3 zonings to get to PoK book. Most impacts non-casters. But frankly, once you get a Drunkard's Stein, Origin becomes way less useful.
    And even if you start in SS, you can access any other starter area easily via PoK.