Any hope for returning older vets?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by GamerHudson, Jun 9, 2021.

1. GamerHudson New Member

I am not sure I want to come back, but I am 80% there. Do the same problems exist during events and things like that where you cannot get the things done due to constant botted accounts hogging all the spawns etc? Or has botting or multi account playing been curtailed?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have never had a problem with bot players hogging spawns.

But maybe it was your server? I hear its horrible on some of the TLP servers.

Guess you'll have to jump in the water and find out.
  3. KarmaKitty Augur

What! You won and you want a rematch :D
  4. Issk Journeyman

I took a few years off and came back - no real issues and got up to speed again quickly, even with limited play time. I have seen a couple instances of bots, but it's never caused me any issues.
    I think the game is easier to come back to now then it ever has been.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Bots are not hogging places 24/7. Either the people complaining are not reporting them or they people are not actually doing anything wrong. I posted that a named mob was out of the world (showed on track under me) and a GM was in the game forcing it to respawn 10 minutes after I posted it. If cheating is being reported then I am confident it is being investigated. People do Bot but again they are either not being reported or they are using botting tools to assist them in boxing but are at keyboard playing the game and not being disruptive. I don't know of anyone on my server (Luclin) that is having issues being unable to play the game due to botting. A lot of the complaining about botting is like people at the mountain bike place complaining about ebikes. The e-bike people are peddling but some people are still angry by it because it's not real mountain biking even though it doesn't actually affect them in anyway.

The thing that is true and will affect you is that it can be hard to find a group. In my experience, this has been true for a very long time, and the boxers are most commonly 2-3 boxing and happy to have company. My experience is that the boxers are more of a help than a burden.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're on Luclin, which is not one of the more highly populated servers. I don't see many issues on Tunare, either. But, most of the complaints you dismissed so easily do not come from Luclin or Tunare. They come from the really busy servers.

As far as it matters to the OP, you won't have to worry about it, anyway, unless or until you get to more current content. Otherwise, you'll be unlikely to see other people in the zone with you at all, botting or not.

I agree wholeheartedly with the last paragraph, though.
  7. That Guy Journeyman

Agreed, I have had more positive experiences than negative ones with boxers. Too often they play that one class you need to make a group work, and most I have grouped with have been all too happy to park one of their alts/boxes out of the group to make room for a real player. This isn't always a thing, but happens often enough it's worth mentioning. Sure, you have some bad experiences, but 9 out of 10 times, a moments respectful conversation has yielded positive results, at least for me. But as always, your experience may vary.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Bots and large box groups aren't a problem on live servers. On TLP servers, overcrowding is the game.