Any Halloween quests/events/items for TLP servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Herf, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Herf Augur

Looks like the October quests have re-opened on the live servers. Do we get anything on the TLP servers, like Agnarr?
  2. Darallan Elder

Phinny has helm ornament drops, no clue about agnarr. Other than the pumpkin/skull/mummy "hats" i'm not aware of anything else.
  3. Prathun Developer

Generally, the events become available on progression servers in the same era that they were originally introduced.
    For example, the quest givers Rhaeda Evel and Illis Taberish were added in 2010, so they are available when the server has unlocked House of Thule.
    It looks like the Nights of the Dead themed ornament drops are restricted to the unlocking of Legacy of Ykesha. This is clearly not the same era they were added, so this is a bit of an exception.
    Brumans and snailish like this.
  4. Corilleous Elder

So Agnaar doesn't get anything, that would have been a quicker and more to the point responce
  5. Machentoo Augur

God forbid the lead developer for the game actually go above and beyond in communicating more information than was asked for.

Now you know what you get next year in addition to what you don't get this year.
    Aurastrider and snailish like this.
  6. Rhodz Augur

He just didn't like the answer
    Behee and JustACleric like this.
  7. taliefer Augur

restricting holiday events that dont add anything in terms of power from progression servers seems kind of silly.

i have no idea what these events add as its not a big deal to me personally, but as has been pointed out often in the past,progression servers arent simply a reconstruction of the eq timeline ala P99. if its not overly difficult to implement, and they dont add anything in terms of power (augs with obscene stats and the like for example) i dont see why shouldnt be implemented.
    Herf likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

You just said you have no idea what these events add. So how can you say it's silly to restrict these events on the server when you don't know what items drop from them?
  9. Herf Augur

Precisely. However I suspect these WOULD have to be custom crafted for the TLP servers, in order to avoid accidentally/intentionally adding items to support the seasonal quests that might have an impact for other quests. It all depends how the seasonal quests are implemented, including in the databases.

For example, lots of the seasonal quests involve characters in PoP, which doesn't exist yet on Agnarr. Manually putting the quest mobs elsewhere, making sure that everyone can sort of do them despite being KoS, etc., is a bit of work.

WoW was the first MMO I know of that clearly had seasonal quests designed in from the start, so it's much easier to add seasonal decorations, items, and quests.

I would humbly request that perhaps Daybreak budget in some TLP server seasonal quests for 2018?
  10. nagash101 Augur

Can i get a clicky that turns me in to a skeleton that doesn't cost 19 Krono on Agnarr?
  11. Rhodz Augur

Yeah in about a year or so... hey I am looking forward to them leaving.
  12. Machentoo Augur

It turns out I have one of those for free on /claim on every single on of my characters on Phinigel. Maybe you should reconsider your server.
  13. taliefer Augur

its not that hard to follow. if they dont add anything in terms of power, let em have it. restricting novelty stuff just cause "thats when it was added" is silly. these servers are not slaves to the original eq timeline.

the holiday events ive done in eq over the years are generally pretty lackluster so i dont care much about them to look up the rewards for the ones i dont know. if its out of era stat augs or items or whatnot then yea, block em.

the only thing that comes to mind is there used to be some halloween vendors taht sold free candy and with minor stat boosts. i cant think of any reason these shouldnt be allowed on any server with plane of knowledge unlocked for example.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

Yes, but instead you got a more in-depth response that not only answered the question, but provided a little bit of behind-the-scenes insight as to how the events worked so you could be more knowledgeable on the subject going forward. Isn't that awesome?
  15. Torkaz New Member

Earliest was 2005, IIRC, as far as quests go. Prior to that, they rand some scripts that changed the sky and mob spawns in various zones with some unique items. (the best were only when a GM was present)

That puts the first Halloween quests starting after DoDH release.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Yet a surprising number of players sure do seem to be.
    I think they forgot the original intent of EQ was TO HAVE FUN!
    This has of course been replaced by accumulating and cultivating misery all the while wondering why people leave...
    Torkaz likes this.
  17. Face_Rollan Journeyman

Being new (again) to the game and playing Agnarr, this saddens me. As a kid playing, i always made sure to login on holidays. There were awesome events, one that stuck in my head the most was Christmas day, a huge levitating Ogre with his elf minions went from major city to major city handing out gear to newbies that were respectful. Ya it takes an actual person present playing the role of "Santa Clugg", but it's worth it in the eyes of this nostalgia addict.
  18. Finchy Augur

19 krono for a clicky illy that doesn't warp you through doors anymore? ...lul
  19. Daija `Vu New Member

I am disappointed also but I understand most of the event quests are not available due to the content simply not existing for them.

HOWEVER, there is NO reason DBG can't have a GM event a few times for the TLP during these holidays that we "miss" out on. More ppl would log in just for the chance to see a GM ....and even more if there was a chance for a GRANDE OG event like the arena battles to the death... etc. Or, I'd even be thrilled with some events that are just those old GM/Guide quests... with holiday themed stops. Something! ANYTHING!

I am still holding out some hope... Maybe a guide event? Free Halloween cookies and witches brew? Anything? We are mainly returning players who come back for these types of memories in particular.

No other game has the GM interaction we USED to have. It just can't be reproduced. And we all want it...

We ALL want to win a cool clicky after dueling to the death in a massive arena battle.... Or even let us all play in there as dragons and tigers etc.. ANYTHING.

QQ .. /rant over <3
  20. Machentoo Augur

There was a guide event going in in PoK on Phinigel just a couple days ago. They are still happening, you just probably missed them.