Any Date on Merging Vulak and Fippy yet?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Keybla, Oct 14, 2012.

1. SnapVine Augur

2. Fyerie New Member

I've left Vulak, and just got my three rerolls to raid level on Fippy - SO much happier. Not because Fippy is a magical wonderland of good will and flowers, all the same "flavor" happens as on any server, but because absolutely nothing happens on Vulak outside of guild (of which there are three that are big/active enough to offer some bastardization of a healthy EQ play experience). Awesome people on Vulak, but it's just not fun to play on. It is a barren waste of an empty world, the player economy is near to nonexistent, and I can count the number of times I've been in a bona fide, no-boxes, six REAL people pick up group in the last 9 months on no hands. Just tonight (on Fippy) I was in two or three different ones, and I saw many other groups actively grinding away during my travels. Fippin' sweet. Whatever you mean about chaos sounds ridiculous - pick a night and deepcopy the Vulak account-characters DB to Fippy and end the deserted farce Vulak'Aerr has become.
  3. SnapVine Augur

Hey guys! Any news or dates?

Hope you're having a good day.
  4. Kreugen Lorekeeper

Unless they are massive trolls the answer is probably "not until after POR"
  5. Toquillaw Augur

And maybe they should wait until a bit into TSS as well, in case there is a bump on the two servers because of the new low level content. It would be silly if they merge, and then get overrun by new folks.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

I'm eagerly anticipating TSS coming out, but do you really think we'd see such a significant bump that one server couldn't handle it? I know we'll see some drakkin, but most likely, people will PL them up to 75 as quickly as possible.
  7. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

It's very possible to see an influx of new people at TSS, a new leveling path with better xp rates. Plus the posibility of people returning to the servers. We wont know till we get there. Would suck if we did merge and the server got full again, and we'd have to wait in a queue to log in.
  8. Toquillaw Augur

I don't know, but we do have a lot of players who left for one reason or another (possibly due to the lull in new levels and AA's), plus anyone new who comes over. I would think that if there is a big boost in population, it will calm down again anyway. But, should we merge the servers before that point? Probably best to wait and see how the populations of each server adjust, before we both merge the servers and potentially have new and old players adding in. It's the combination of both that could cause issues.

The other thing might be if we (as the progression community) promote Vulak as the server that is more boxing friendly and draw people to it. The perks are just what we have talked about, that the server is pretty wide open for bring-your-own-group play. Fippy has a better all around population for a build-a-group-as-you-go style and for people who prefer to see fewer boxers.

Not a hard rule or anything, but a general difference to give each server a unique flavor. It's pretty much what I tell people who ask about the difference in NewPlayers chat. I like Vulak, but if you are just starting out it's more of a Bring-Your-Own-Group kinda place.
  9. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

Pssh PL a drakkin? why bother, can just race change my main.
  10. Kreugen Lorekeeper

Well that sad little bucket of salty tears of a video should get this thread locked shortly. Bravo.

Four expansions have since gone by without EOE being able to block you from doing whatever you please and you've only defeated one of them. And now your excuse is apparently the lack of population on Vulak. Well, we still seem to be doing okay, so I guess it's not much of an excuse then, is it? Vulak always had a small population. If that was such a crippling issue you could have moved to the Fippy utopia ages ago. There's no code preventing you from having characters there.

At any rate, POR may not have AA or levels but is the last expansion where people are forced to fight over raid content. SOE went back to it because people thought they wanted it, and I guess it must have been a disaster because they've never done it since. There's no reason to make even more people have to share the same few raids. It will already be obnoxious enough for the people on Fippy now. It's selfish and vindictive of you to ask that even more guilds get thrown together to fight over ToB raids. Your guild still has all of Demi to conquer so the traffic jam at the top doesn't affect you.

Once we're past POR, there's less reason to resist a merge. I'm pretty sure SOE realizes that.
  11. Hamshire Augur

would be nice to get an update about the merg
  12. SnapVine Augur

After careful review of the posts, it appears that most of Vulak, especially EoE, does not want a merge.

Oh well, maybe next year. Thanks for checking in.
  13. Progress Augur

Why would they merge the servers when EoE/LoGA is paying for enough boxes to match a live server population.
  14. Kobayne New Member

That's not really true. I am in LoGA and don't box.

I can't speak for everyone and have nothing against box teams but the general idea you are throwing out there is we are all box crews?

Personally I would like to see a merge sooner rather than later.

I'm with Hamshire above, any news would be nice.
  15. oisjafoij Augur

Well now that there is only 1 top raid guild on each server can we get a merge to have some sort of competition/fun? if not it's gonna be a ZzzZZzzz fest until it gets done.
  16. Machen New Member

A bit late for that, since this was the last open world competition expansion and we are past the open world parts. From here on we can compete with one another just as well from afar. It would have been nice to have someone seriously contending with us on PoR launch though.