Any chance of making new TLP a none krono access?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wizdons, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Steampunk Augur

I don't like p99. It's as simple as that. Can you define what you mean by "kronos as a means of convenience"?
  2. Aghinem Augur

Sure, convenient as in - I have made enough plat through bazaar, and private sales of gear that I have quested for or farmed that I don't have to really pay for my account if I choose not to.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Doing an IP ban as free to play game is a lot different then doing an IP ban as a paid game where you could easily be banning people who did nothing wrong and just got the same IP as someone who cheated. After all is it fair to ban an entire apartment of roommates just because one of them likes to cheat?
  4. Eliseus Augur

I'm sure Daybreaks name of the game isn't to send people to project1999. Again, I could personally care less if there is krono or not. I've never used one and probably never will. Maybe with this new server if it turns out to be awesome I'll start farming plat to pay my account that way, but there is without a doubt a populace that wants a server like this without krono. If they will actually play or whatever is a different story, but the answer, especially for daybreak isn't to just ship them off to project 1999 unless something is changing over there financially and Daybreak is getting a piece of the pie.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Rofllawls New Member

The simplest solution for everyone is for you to dig that critical mass of sand out of your snatch before it causes an infection and let DBG run the games the way they wish.
  6. Eliseus Augur

Player feedback is an important tool for success and shouldn't be overlooked.
  7. Vlerg Augur

except when that feedback come from a small , but extremly vocal, minority who have shown in the past no loyalty at all to the game.
    code-zero and Machen like this.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

-----------------------------
    Interesting points Aghinem. However, I sincerely hope DBG decides to apply different parameters to the use of Krono's on this new server.

"If people want a authentic experience, they need to just play p99 - and this is not being nasty by any means. Many of you in who are trying to recapture the experience of how it was 10-15 years ago..."

I can understand what you are saying in that part of your post; however playing on P99 is not a choice many of us are interested in making. If it were for me for example, I'd already have been there.

What is not true is that many who are asking for the topic in this thread are all old people leaning on their cane, with fogged cataract-ridden eyes, not able to ascertain reality versus some gaming fun they had 14-16 years ago.

I so often read in these forums the assumption that 1) Everyone who seriously played EQ from launch and in those early 4 or 5 years were alllllll 15 year olds living off mom's credit card, running home from school most days without a care in the world (*and apparently no extra curricular activities, nor any chores, or rules about sleep and personal care over the weekends.:cool: )

I am here to say there was a large percentage of players who began at launch and even before in the Beta who were in their early adult years, living with huge responsibilities actually who loved Everquest, played it as an adult does any hobby, and carried on their adult lives quite happily while doing so.

I was into my first military commitment period and there LOTS, LOTS and LOTS of twenty-somethings both stateside and serving overseas who actively gamed in Norrath. Yes, many were single, but there were plenty of couples I knew who played as well. We literally had events where we met and interacted outside of Norrath for years also. WE are a good chunk of those who have returned. WE are not locusts who ate up the first three months of the game and then took our money and ran somewhere else.

Yep, many of us did later make other gaming choices or left after many years of solid participation in raiding and group-centric play. However to insinuate as some here on the forums do, that we were fickle, disloyal, or unimportant in the life cycle of this game is ridiculous. Nor should the revenue and community involvement we are bringing back and adding to the other players of this game be ignored.
    This segment of the population certainly did not leave specifically because as the expansions went forward, EQ somehow 'got too difficult' either. If that were so then so many would not have migrated to other more progressive gaming which provided layers of action combat, at varying level of skills etc.

WE EQ lovers who have returned are those who are now in our late 30's to 40's, and up. We have fabulous, sometimes complicated, but always room-for-some-fun lives AND we have the expendable income to pick and choose what we do for recreation. The marketing campaign and buzz around the net before these TLP's opened definitely drew us in. I'm assuming from the population surge for the TLP's, that was and is a great thing for EQ.

I don't get to sit in on their quarterly planning meetings, but I'm betting one of two things. A.) The corporation that bought this company out has *some sort* of plan for making a profit. B.) Aside from coasting along, innovative changes which don't bite too far into their budget or quarterly profit goals are probably looked upon favorably.

So: the winter server, and its new ruleset very possibly will have a strong long term subscriber base if DBG considers restricting the Krono feature in some way. The 'kind' of target market which DBG is focusing on for this new server is probably already well-researched by them. They can see the potential of these players subbing long term and who are happy to buy ALL KINDS of fluff from the cash store. Remember, there will be other varying ruleset servers by DBG as we've been told. And of course the live servers with their forward facing new campaigns will be concurrently offered.

Where is the negative in all this? Quit shizzing on a percentage of the player population that can bring both involvement and profit to DBG. Stop with the negative connotation of 'you old people just want to relive your old memories and it can't be done blah blah blah' - that is so speculative as to raise eyebrows each time its mentioned. I don't want to relive my old memories - I HAVE THOSE and am sorry actually that some others don't, yet I'm here to enjoy this game now and I'd love to see it become even more successful.

There IS a market for these different kind of server rulesets, and imho especially this one. I think its an awesome undertaking, I hope DBG makes time to be in complete control of whatever the ruleset is that they publicly announce, and I bet other players are looking forward to upcoming servers with different fun rulesets in the future. Point is, this is not a whole pie/left-overs scenario. If it is successful, it will create another pie(s). If it doesn't DBG will go with something else they hope will be even better.

There is no reason not to have optimism for DBG trying some new ideas out going forward. If they don't, there may not be a 'forward.' If they listen to the player niche they are opting for, it will be a very, very good thing: a thriving player base - yes, in a 16+ year old game, and more variety of player choices in Norrath. There is a difference between debating and and bitter, acrimonious in-fighting.
    Friday likes this.
  9. Lotusfly Elder

they could do it, and it would bring actual revenue to their company. disable the store/krono on a server, and make it purely subscription-based-acess (or SBA as I like to say). No point to have station cash or krono on the server. If you're still trading for krono/sc even thou you wouldn't be able to use it on this particular server, then how you go about that is on you.
    Friday likes this.
  10. Theseus Lorekeeper

Kronos need to be disabled and so does the marketplace. Kronos are destroying the TLPs.
  11. code-zero Augur

The number of players on the current TLP greatly exceeded all of their projections. How much we don't know, however they could easily stand to lose quite a few of those subscriptions and still be far ahead of what they'd expected to get out of the server. The fact that many protesting haven't quit by now speaks volumes to the dedication they have to a "no Kronos" rule.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless krono is removed as a subscription option from the TLP servers people will still use them to get access even if they have to go to another server to trade and all that will do is increase the scams happening. Considering the customer service headaches that will cause Daybreak I don't see that ever happening.
    NotSilv likes this.
  13. Aghinem Augur

Sorry, but this is a failed logic. Although true that there are krono purchases made from 3rd party websites; there are still a lot of people who pay $17.99 for the sake of selling for platinum; and I am quite certain that Daybreak has a lot of employed individuals more qualified than us to determine where they are gaining and losing money.

In short, you are willing to ostracized a very large sum of people because you believe this solution will solve a lot of problems. It won't. In fact, it will create more problems throughout the community. How a person chooses to pay for their account is their business - not yours; additionally, when they do pay for their account in whichever manner they choose (whether if its credit card, debit, game card, krono, etc) - they should be eligible for any perks that any other paid account would be eligible for. When you start dictating which payment type qualifies a person for a certain level of service, you are entering an extremely murky area.
  14. Fallfyres Augur

-------------
    Or defining/redefining your target market for one particular server. Eh?
    Aghinem likes this.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I enjoy the dooms day folks, as if one server is going to bring down a company to brink of ruin.... :)
    NotSilv likes this.
  16. Eliseus Augur

Says who, you? Live servers would say the same about a TLP server all together, and look where we are now.
  17. Kolani Augur

No. Stop being dumb.
    NotSilv likes this.
  18. NotSilv Apprentice

Do some people still not realize that every Krono - regardless if it's an in game trade or 3rd party resale - cost *someone* 17$ at one point? DBG loses 0$ on krono even if they are bought by someone else at <17$ at some point in the future. There is no incentive for them to change/stop how krono function.

It's also extremely naive to think they would rework the structure to accommodate two servers in one game out of a multi-game access subscription model.
  19. Eliseus Augur

You realize how contradictory your comments are right? Plays on TLP servers with different rules. Thinks it naive daybreak would ever create another server with...... different rules.

It's also apparent you haven't read the thread at all so not even going to repeat myself to the first comment.
  20. Steampunk Augur

Then I, personally, don't have any issues with your use of Krono, and I don't think anybody else should have any legitimate issues either.