Any chance of making new TLP a none krono access?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wizdons, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Wizdons Augur

Is it possible to make this strictly a paid server by ones own money. rather than being able to use krono from other servers/games?

or simply just disable krono until a certain era? because krono wont around back in the day to play the game. had to use real $$$
  2. Bandok Augur

Krono is DBG-wide. If you disallow on the server, the transactions could still happen, but the risk of someone getting horribly cheated would increase, as the krono trade would have to happen on another server or in another game. It'd just recreate the headache that existed with gamecards, which had mostly been solved by the introduction of krono.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

Why is that a problem? Inasmuch as they can remove any chance of camp disputes from PnP and then people just have to deal with it, they can remove the ability to trade krono on the server and if people are so desperate to do it anyway that they'll risk handing over the krono or the item first, it's on them for being willing to do that, and not Daybreak's problem any more than KSing is now.

That said - They already fail to understand that it's not about boxing but about the third party programs that let boxing go uncontrolled. Why would they do anything about krono? People who use 6+ computers or do other things to circumvent the spirit of the server will want to sell you your SMR/FBSS for 5+ krono, which could actually happen due to the relative rarity as a result of the people who are NOT circumventing the server's purpose having to waste time on things like looking for group.
    KarmaThaKing likes this.
  4. Tulgin Augur

Don't understand the point, how is it beneficial to anyone?

Maybe you are referring to there being less box chars on a non-krono server? So go play the non-box server.
  5. Steampunk Augur

Good! Put the risk back in it. Make it as risky as possible. Maybe, if it is risky enough, it will put at least a little dent in profits, which might lead to a slight reduction in those whose only apparent purpose in the game is to grab everything they can possibly get their hands on and sell it to others.
  6. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

The answer is no. Only way to get non-krono server is P1999 or another .
  7. Steampunk Augur

Actually, that is not true. Kronos are an item, just like any other item. They could be excluded from any particular server. It all depends on how much work it would actually take, and how motivated DBG could be to do it. So, while the absolute answer is "yes, it could be done", the realistic answer is "no, that is almost certainly not going to happen".
  8. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------------
    "the risk of someone getting horribly cheated would increase"

...naw, really? My young adult years taught me all about risk aversion and consequences.

Why should those seeking to buy equipment in Norrath via irl money instead of play have no risk of getting horribly cheated?

Though Krono's getting put in had as a side affect, less third party bullshiz and less 'runners' in the game meeting people places and doin the 'trade' -- that was NOT the main/sole/most important reason for the company putting Krono in. Come on!

Buying plat in lieu of earning drops through gameplay and selling those via auction, thereby accruing plat and/or whatever ingame availability there is to earn plat on your individual character certainly does NOT "have to happen." Those who do it are making a personal choice every single time because they do not want to earn what they desire/not need, INGAME.

Has it always occurred? Yup. It was not -- (*JUST LIKE BOT ARMIES NOW are not the same as the two-boxers of yesteryear on their Dial Up) --- neither were so rampant, so widespread as to interrupt/disrupt hundreds of other players gameplay in one evening. It was not even noticeable until after the first couple of expansions...content grew and population grew a little more as well; but nothing, NOTHING like on these TLPs.

On this one non-bot TLP server -- YES! YES! YES! - let those who want to buy their way virtually RISK a LOT every single time they decide to get a leg up on other players. I know its not super simple to put in restrictions related to these Krono while not affecting other servers, however this is DBG's plan. And as they set up other different ruleset servers they will also face challenges on how to make it work efficiently and with little negative impact to the specific customers they are hoping to have subscribe there.

They should already have spent the time needed to create divisions of the accrued Kronos in each separate game and also on each separate server. That alone would address half of the idjits who are making money on our TLP's. At the least restrict the Krono's to no trade at all between players on this new server, nor able to be accessed from outside the new server inbound onto it. No mail/parcel, zero ability to trade in any way.

Its just one new server with a specific ruleset...so why does anyone object to Krono's being restricted on this server? Its only niche according to some of you, it won't go anywhere you say. Sounds like it is of so little consequence to those on the other side of this opinion as to be less than worth the disagreement to begin with. Carry on -- stay on all the other servers where pay to win, skipping of fun and interesting content, zooming up as fast as possible AND earning irl money for your 'not playing' this MMO all continue to be available to you. What would it matter if Krono were restricted on this one server (*or two if our PvP brothers and sisters get what they'd like as well.)

Unless of course its really fun, really grabs the greater player population's attention and really earns some continuing decent coin for DBG. Well, that might create an environment where DBG decided to adjust some more of the EULA. Musing, but wooooieee that would be a VERY COOL twist eh?!
    Jaxarale01 and Hateseeker like this.
  9. Hasty Blades Journeyman

They can, but they most assuredly will not. A TLP server that doesn't allow KRONO and 3rd party cheating software would be massively overcrowded, just like Ragefire launch. They would be trading one nightmare for another. This would also provide statistical evidence of what paying customers think about KRONO in game. They don't want that question answered.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Gnot New Member

hopefully that server will be free to play too, maybe we can expect additional staff and hardware for nothing to help makes things go really smooth! I love it!

Here's an idea... how about they pay us to play on the server? Just a little, like maybe 3 bucks a month... sounds like a gold mine for DBG!
  11. Wizdons Augur

Only way i think it would work is to have yet another level of membership. TLPmembership. Includes all live servers and TLP serves. Must be bought through real currency payment. The new server locked to only TLPmembership holders.

sort of like a modern day legends server? was it called legends?
  12. vardune Augur

The real root of the problem isnt boxing or kronos. It is the complete inability or lack of interest to remove all 3rd party software from eq. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is the primary reason you have box armies and epic poosocking going on. They need to ban the use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], period. Any one caught using MacroQ needs ip banned and all accounts associated with that ips accounts permanently banned. They would actually make more money in the long run if they cleaned up the community and removed all the 3rd party software programs. They are loosing tons of peeps because of these programs and what they are doing to the tlp servers. I box a few toons, i dont need 3rd party software todo it. I group and i raid. No one needs [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to play period and thise those that are using it are in most cases running mage armies to poosock camps for gear to sell for kronos to keep their poosocking going.
    KarmaThaKing likes this.
  13. complexication Kassina

While I agree with a lot of what you said, IP banning doesn't exist with DHCP leasing. If IPs were static then maybe. But it's way too easy to circumvent an IP ban and even easier to spoof your MAC address. All it would do is create problems for the poor innocent person who is leased the banned IP next.
  14. vardune Augur

Ip banning is associated with the moden, cable or dsl and the area/provider, if p1999 can do it i am sure DBG can.
  15. Eliseus Augur

IP banning will hurt daybreak, and although I agree the server should be more strict, to completely negate potential customers from playing your game isn't always a good idea. It's always good to punish someone for breaking the rules, but allow them to come back, I think they should just ban accounts. Sure they will just come back, but that's more money daybreak will receive and hopefully a player that will know better, or I guess, might just cheat smarter.
  16. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

A no krono server won't happen from DBG. They are not going to put any money into engineering no krono on a server period. You can bury your head in the sand saying how easy it would be, but bottom line why would they spend money so they can make less money?
  17. Wizdons Augur

well its not making less money as they would have to pay a special membership..

unless people only buy krono to sell on live servers so those people can play on TLP? idk its not free none the less. just makes it exclusive.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Krono are account wide, claim it on one server and it applies to every toon on that account no matter what server they are on.
  19. Eliseus Augur

I find it astonishing that Daybreak is implementing code so that people can't box on this server etc, yet some of you think it is impractical that they could do something similar with Krono. I could care less if there is or isn't Krono, just find the mentality amusing that there isn't anyway they could.
  20. Nolrog Augur

OK, so you disable Krono on that server, then what happens? People still buy and sell Krono, but now you just increased the risk by a significant margin because they will trade plat on the TLP and the kroon on another server. And there are some people who will take the plat and never deliver the Krono.

Oh and you cut of a revenue stream for DBG and then will complain how they have to cut customer support and devs even further.