Any chance for an update to heroic characters?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rotlust, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Rotlust Augur

I would like to further embrace my dedication to obsolescence by buying a heroic character. Any talks of them being upgraded in the near future before doing so? Or at all?
  2. Horyuken Augur

They have said many many times it won't happen. It's not an easy thing to do. They have to put hours and hours in on the back end and it isn't something they have time for.
    Pirlo, Corwyhn Lionheart and Rotlust like this.
  3. Rotlust Augur

Alright, thanks for the reply.
  4. Intenso Augur

they could just use the /betabuff level 95 script? but they wont
  5. Cadira Augur

I think the issue with the exaggerated time sink comes from the idea that we would want more than just a heroic toon with lvl 100 for example. When heroics first came out they had to code a lot of stuff to allow you to upgrade a char to heroic, they added the quest in hot to get you started and j5 mercs, they had to code in all the Don quests and mpg trials and all the various hidden flags for heroics, etc.

I can't fathom how they couldn't literally copy and paste 90% of that into a new heroic option for lvl 100 or whatever. We don't want/need a new quest just give us the same things 85s have except a higher level, current group gear for that expac and everything else can stay the same.
    Icaen and Barton like this.
  6. jack of all trades Elder

And yet they waste time adding in useless emotes.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Prathan stated on the TBL livestream that the time it would take to update Heroics toons would net a loss of 1 zone to an expansion. He added that they don't want to make people unhappy by their selling power. It's hard to argue the logic and the loss of content.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Bobokin Augur

As I have stated in similar topics, pushing the level to 90 without any additional changes would be relatively easy, and it would make Feerot the Dream easier. Of course, they would still need to change the graphics, and people would complain about not having upgraded armor and spells.
  9. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

I think it's to much for the 2 game designers to handle
    Slippry likes this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

What? They hired another one?
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, they're just making him work lots of overtime ;P
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Useless emotes? The only new one I am aware of is the faction one and it's useless until it isn't and at that point it's pretty darn awesome.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I think even if they just boosted the level to 105 and left even the gear alone this would be a win. With autogrant AA through TDS a 105 even with that crap 85 gear could pick up rots and farm enough plat in a week to upgrade their gear and be ready for the level grind.
    Pirlo and Tatanka like this.
  14. Bobokin Augur

105 is too high.

Players should have to at least play part of the game.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think yours if flawed. There is still a ton of content for a new or returning player to experience from 105+ not to mention most players will eventually go back and do older expansions to knock out important achievements and such. Getting more players closer to end game means more potential for new expansion sales, more potential for groups due to less discrepancies in level differences, and will provide more potential raid recruits. Yes there will be some frustrations with the learning curve if someone tries out a HC on a class they have never played but a lot of players that utilize them do so on old mains that just need the levels to get into current content or for box toons that people are ok learning as they go. The upside of getting more players into current end game or close to it far outweighs the down side imo. At the very least some of these players will have the levels to go tackle some of those older expansions they have been stuck in and have not been able to complete keeping them around even longer instead of quitting because they have hit that wall that they cant seem to get over.
    Stom likes this.
  16. Tappin Augur

A Dev said it’s NOT possible- would take someone an entire year.
  17. Tappin Augur

I don’t think 105 is to high. They have AAs from TBM through EoK plus 5 levels and AAs the current expansions.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

They did but I "think" its based on the idea of making new gear for every class. Instead if they just gave a level bump, heck they could "maybe" just sell a new item that would instantly increase a toons level to X and that would probably be sufficient even if the toon was running around with gear from the tutorial. At 105 even naked a toon could spend a week farming to buy gear upgrades and such and be ready for the grind ahead. I am sure a lot of people who have hit that wall would welcome the levels now and try to figure out the gear situation later.
  19. Tappin Augur

EoK T1 with a set of TBM stat augs and most of EoK AAs is the minimum to do anything current. They would at least need to give out gear and AAs through TBM. I think it’s going to be a lot of chore than most think.
    Pirlo likes this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

I think it depends on what someone considers current. If by current you mean TBL than yes it will require a ton more work than just levels. If you are someone stuck in level 85-90 or older content than current could be any expansion opened up to FTP so up to TBM. Getting the levels to get rots, buy remnants of tranquility from the bazaar for the augs, and maybe finding a guildy or someone working TBM progression to piggyback with and get some upgrades would be a huge boost towards getting someone closer to TBL content. The levels alone will get people over the first hurdle that most complain about and that is the leveling post 70. Plus with TBM and EOK opening up to everyone I hope this means more grouping potential for these people should they at least get the levels and with that the gear part and AA's will flow naturally. This would also convince some to maybe fire up another box toon who have been reluctant to do so due to the leveling aspect. More accounts means more potential funds which means we all get to play this game longer hopefully.
    Icaen likes this.