Any boxxable EOK missions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fyuri, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Fyuri Journeyman

Recently returned. I 3 Box pretty well, I've been gearing up in EOK by camping KorSha Lab names. I've done some hunting in RoS but the named are really dicey, gnarley area of effect nukes. There are a few I can probably kill in T1.

I used to really enjoy boxing missions and HAs to mix things up from the grind/named camping. I boxed through all of TDS, There were good boxxable missions in RoF, too.

These latest 2 expansions... It doesn't seem like anything is boxxable. I 'might' be able to box Before the Siege, but I don't need anything from T1 EOK, so it's kind of irrelevant. Reading the mechanics of the other missions reminds me of Chapterhouse II. Gives me a migraine.

Are there no HAs or boxxable missions in EOK / RoS ? Some good recommendations of ones to attempt?

I'm really bored already after just 3 weeks. There has to be something else to do than camp named?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If I'm able to box EoK missions, you certainly can if you're camping korsha named.
  3. Fyuri Journeyman

Which would you recommend I try?
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Lceanium's mission isn't too bad once you know how it goes, provided you have a decent tank. The Droga mission - same thing (just don't wait to engage like I did on my first attempt - the boss despawned).

The Chardok mission you might need more gear for unless you have really good dps. I haven't been able to beat the Kor'Sha mission yet, but I don't really have much dps (paladin) so it makes it more challenging than it might for someone that has good dps.

The heroic adventures in Chardok/Droga/Kor'Sha are pretty easy compared to the missions.

I tried to duo the OT mission with a friend, but we didn't last long (we were about level 107 at the time - will try now that we're 110). I haven't tried any of the other missions as I'm still trying futilely to get T1 armor drops (I've killed approximately 40 named, and had 4 visibles drop - 2 of which were feet so that didn't help (also only 3 spells so far ><)).
  5. Kolani Augur

Here's the problem with boxing the Lceanium mission: when someone says they're boxing, I generally assume that they're saying they're stacking mage pets and don't have an actual player tank. You absolutely need a player tank for it. Once you get beyond that, honestly you can probably mage through the rest of the expansion on cruise control.
  6. Quiverr Journeyman

General assumptions are quite often wrong, the majority of boxers on live servers, which is also the majority of players, box mixed groups.

Little mageling armies exist on TLP servers to "dps race" easy content.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Lcenium and droga can be 2 boxed. The 3rd toon and I assume merc is just bonus.
    Chardok has a dps check.
    Kor-sha I have not tried.
  8. S33k3r Augur

I've boxed all 4 initially with a ShadowKnight, Druid (main) and Enchancter. I've since added added a Beastlord which has made it easier.

Before the Siege - This one is not too bad but I rely on the NPCs to help (I usually buff them with DS/Haste/Skin). The 1st wave is hardest so shadowknight uses best defences here.

The Summoning of Droga - Can be frustrating moving toons through tunnel but mission itself is not difficult. I use twincast on HP (mini burn) and ITC/IoG on Incarnate.

Atrebe's Vault - I position myself in SE corner and pull mobs there. I tend to pop ITC on the 2nd waves so I can maintain decent dps and save IoG/Twincast for final name.

Atrebe - This one is the hardest of the lot. I will position myself next to portal and I have to use ITC/IoG during the first few waves otherwise the mobs overwhelm me. I save twincast/haze for boss so I can do decent damage.

I relied on one healer merc but druid would keep alliance on shadowknight so I received some extra group heals.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Of course, whether something is boxable or not totally depends on your gear/AAs and group/game-setup.
    There's loads that is boxable, both in EoK and RoS.

A misconception, this, i think.
    Before the Siege is a Hero mission, not a normal HA - you definitely want some of the chestloot.

All Mercenary missions (which give group currency) are boxable.
    Droga: Goblins+Fools
    Chardok: On Behest of the Empire / Other's Things
    Labs: Mysteries / Infiltration of Kor-Sha

The Hero missions are a step up and mainly depend on the "quality" of your tank (and generally, merc-healing won't cut it).
    I would say EoK were boxable, at least with RoS levels and AA and the extra gear helps too i guess.
    With RoS, at this point, i am not so sure.
    However, getting all achievements with a boxed crew is, imo, not possible yet.
  10. Fyuri Journeyman

Lots of good info, I am encouraged. And I wasn't aware of the EOK HAs, thanks guys.
  11. Tucoh Augur

All of the missions are boxable, much more easily than a few TBM missions!

Lcea: You can also game it a little by popping all your defensive cooldowns for each wave, then stopping DPS when you've got 1 mob left and wait a couple minutes to let cooldowns come back.

Droga: Biggest risk for boxing here is your pets aggroing the boss or goblin warriors, then damaging them below summon range. I used to run my mage to the top and skip all the goblin warriors by CotHing the group, but now I just kill them.

Chardok: I found this mission to be really easy and don't have any good advice besides being sure to kill the books in the right order.

Lab: This is easier (though longer) if you don't kill any of the mover golems when they try to resurrect their dead allies.