Any active live servers at all?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vaxpo, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Vaxpo Elder

Really want to play on live but don't want to feel like I am the only one playing.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

The time of day, your level, class, being in a guild and the live server itself will all reflect your ability to get a group. Further if you are ftp and cant see general chat you will feel like you are the only one playing. Most people don't have newplayer channel on. I wont lie from my experience and just general observation if you are not close to end game it can be difficult to find a group and if you don't play during prime time hours for most of the live servers it can be hard to find a group. With that being said live can always use more players.
  3. Goodn Augur

I can only speak for Xegony, but there is a decent amount of returning/ftp/under70/stopandsmelltheroses players and a good number of family style guilds that have friendly, helpful members. Everything that Aurastrider said applies...but you will definitely not feel like the only one playing.

If you are looking to always get a pickup group whenever you want (particularly under 85), you will be disappointed. But if you are motivated to play EQ regardless of your ability to find a perfect group and join a family guild, you will have folks to talk with and people who will group when their time and level permits.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Maedhros High King

Cazic Thule is very well populated and there is a good mix of hardcore and casual and even open raid forces if you go beyond just the group scene.
    I know some of the servers are struggling but, Cazic, Xegony, Bristlebane and a few others have very vibrant communities.
    It is frustrating that since the last couple TLP servers, people have unrealistic expectations.
    Keep in mind the older TLPs are dead, as people move to the newer TLPs. Unlike the transient nature of playersbase that you find on TLP, the people that stick it out on live servers have mostly been around for many years and are still kicking.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  5. EnchFWO Augur

I play on Bristle and can confirm that it is very active and populated. It has all the same things Maedhros posted about CT - essentially all aspects of the EQ spectrum.

After figuring out the higher pop servers it's more or less throwing a dart at the board to pick one. You can always look up the various guilds on those servers and see if any of them pop at ya to help make a decision. Even if you don't raid, joining a guild is probably one of the best choices you could make. Given there are both raid and casual family style guilds you'd be at a disadvantage (IMO) by not finding one to your liking (especially if you're just coming back - tons of people love helping people get back on their feet).
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed 100%.
    CT has a broad spectrum of activity ranging from: High end raid Guilds, a great open raid outfit, and a couple raid alliances. Also several family type guilds. And ya, many of the peeps on Cazic go back to 1999. Also, the best in-game maps were made on Cazic and are rumored to work better there. :D
    -Rat
  7. feeltheburn Augur

Povar alive and well as well
    Thraine likes this.
  8. fransisco Augur

live servers all have lots of people.
    However its summer - expac has been played through for alot of people. Plus its nice outside.
    Plus time of day matters a ton!
  9. Febb Augur

Join a healthy guild on a live server and you won't have many problems getting things done as long as you are proactive about organizing your guild groups.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  10. Beggly Augur

Cazic Thule is pretty active. I always see people there when I go there.