Antonius Bayle Server: Free Transfers to Vox Available

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eliandra Elder

or simply they use carot until next add on ? (next patch or an other patch we will repair AB .... )

When was the last time they "reworked core architecture" for the sake of a single server? : when was the last time another "US" server was broken during 8 months (or more ... ) ?

They might suck at fast communication, but this shows they at least takes the european community seriously. : they only speak and show interest before new add on annoucement ...
  2. Roxxlyy Augur

This is why in the initial post we mentioned that we are encouraging players to try a new character on Vox before initiating the transfer. For the moment, some players may find they have a better, more enjoyable gameplay experience on Vox. It's really a matter of the individuals preference; some may be okay with the higher ping, while others may prefer to stay on AB.
  3. Razgadz Lorekeeper

I believe it when i see it - so far they did nothing for months we only heard something like 'we look into it' after pages of pages of posts here on the forum and months of waiting ...

How much more patience do you think people have when all they get is promises ?

Just imagine you bought a nice expensive TV - works like a charm for a few month - then it suddenly stutters has no color - just simply doesnt work anymore. You send it back to where you bought it and wait for its repair for a month ... and then another month and another and so on ... i bet you would have demanded a replacement by then or even immediatly ... good customer support you usually get a replacement until the TV is repaired.
    Zhaunil_AB and eliandra like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I agree, that they spent FAR too much time just ignoring us. I am still going to give them a final chance to prove they can get AB fixed though.

Im an optimist! :)
    AB_H'Sishi likes this.
  5. Zortex Journeyman

The issue is the they are not listening to the wishes of the people of AB.
  6. Igniz Augur

DBG gathered the technicians for an emergency meeting and announced a game-changing low-hanging fruit so that they can skate to where the puck is going to be, so that the community can be incentivized to horizontally wait for the content-marketing to achieve an epic ROI.

Admittedly, DBG has reevaluated their corporate social responsibility and offered a more-than-fair interim solution to all players not willing for the implemented changes to take effect to buy time for their new vectors of approach to bear fruit.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Sure, it could just be a lame excuse shrouded in buzzwords, we actually don't know that. But if it was easy they would probably have fixed AB months ago, rather than talking about incremental fixes over many patches.

At some point we just gotta take their word for it, or alternatively wait and see how their fix goes. ;)
  8. Thancra Loladin

No we don't prefer to stay there, we are forced to stay there, for the many reasons I detailed in my previous posts and that you either seem not to care about or you just discover.

The vast majority of the people replying here are people from the 4 raiding guilds of the server, they're the core of the server actually (it's not like that on the US server it seems, but for us, it is).

You can keep thinking people can play without a guild and no players around on Vox or that the guilds (that retain the players) will keep going for a long time on promises of future fixes, maybe, if everything goes well, fingers crossed! You can keep thinking the raid leaders will keep doing their job when it takes dozen of minutes (litteral) to make the groups because raid tools lag as hell. You can keep thinking the numbers will stay high enough that you won't have to merge the server anyway in the end due to low numbers. There's really not much point in discussing here...
  9. Deillusional Augur

This has been going on for the past year now, and you only just saying you are working on fixing it. Is this a past year worth of fixing ? Or has it just went under the radar of development. You have stated the physical location of ab is the problem, how much extra development time you would take into account actioning for AB.

If you take much longer to fix it, there will be no raid guilds left on AB no more, as everyone would have quit the addiction.
    Yinla and Quatreh like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No mention of anything being done to AB in the patch notes. Are fixes actually starting today or are we being fobbed off once again?

I don't see anything in the patch notes about persistent housing issues on AB being fixed either.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Get this notion out of your head... Vox is NOT A DEAD SERVER. We are just the sleepy little hamlet that people drive by on the highway next to us to get to the big servers. Sure, we have a small population, but our population is active, helpful, and fun.

We get it, you don't want to move to our hamlet. You want your problems fixed. We get that, we understand it, we support it. DBG should have stepped up long ago to address your issues. They should have put something in the patch notes to say what fixes were being done to AB this round. They need to work better on their messaging. Your house is falling apart, but you like your house, and don't want to move, and want the landlord to do his job and fix it. We get it.

But stop with this "Vox is dead" meme to discourage people from coming over that choose to do so. We may not have 4 active EoK raid guilds, but that doesn't mean we aren't working on stuff. We may not have the shiniest new phat lewtz, but that doesn't mean we sit around doing nothing. We are just a little behind the rest of the big city servers.

So, for the last time...Vox is not dead.
    High Voltage likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I believe you, but for that to be relevant, the population would have to be active in our playtime.
    It's not a critique of your community, even the liveliest server has its "sleep-period". Its just a matter of timezones. The reason why some people want a rathe merger(I don't) is because it houses a lot of europeans, not because vox-citizens are not nice and social people. :)
  13. Rekni New Member

1) How can a server that worked for years like AB suddenly became unstable ?
    - Either something changed and u know how to fix it !
    - Or u dont understand where is the problem then you should have a better communication with us than "Try to go to Vox but it's a one way move !"

2) Vox server solution solves nothing !
    - Ping there is 250ms for euros means a quarter of second delay ! Ok it's still better than 10 mins zoning, having housing dissapeared, being impossible to coordinate a raid with crazy chat lag.
    - A guild that move to Vox will only find burned land coz no euro community is there except the one that will transfer ! I dont say Vox is empty just not in euro time. Guilds have people leaving and coming but on Vox we wont be able to recruit to compensate the churn.
    eliandra likes this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

I, and folks I talk to, understand this as well, and we agree that reuniting you with your EU brothers and sisters would be great. But, unfortunately, that's not the decision that was given to you, or us, at this time. We can only do the best we can to welcome you. Yes, we are majority North America players, with North America playtime. So, yes, it is a bit sleepy during your active hours. But the notion I am trying to dispel is that the server is a dead server, which it is not.

Should a major decision be made for a guild or two to move to Vox (I know, this is a very, very, very highly unlikely scenario), I could see Vox becoming practically a 24-hour server, able to offer what a lot of other servers don't, which is the ability to find groups/raids throughout the clock, depending on a player's play schedule and such. I see this as a win-win, at least from my viewpoint.

However, as I previously stated...you want your house fixed. You want your community intact. You want your landlord to do his job. I agree wholeheartedly, and I hope DBG doesn't drop the ball on this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not sure what you mean by this. Meaning, I understand there is no established Euro community, but I am not sure what you mean by "will only find burned land."
  16. Rekni New Member

I rephrased it. I dont mean Vox is an empty server but more that with no euro community we dont have the possibility to replace people leaving guild and that we cant recruit new raiders. If it was just to play out of raids the solution is ok despite the low ping we can have on Vox. But for a euro raiding guild we need to have enough people to keep raiding. We cant move and in 6 months find ourselves not enough people to keep on raiding. As u said earlier we will prefer that "our house" get fixed than move to a new house where we dunno what will happen. Regarding Vox community i didnt found it really warm when i logged into Vox but maybe also it was euro time and my lame jokes didnt land on general.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, I am sorry that things weren't warm for you. They generally are, and when I am on (granted, in the evenings CST), I have seen generally warm welcomes to anyone announcing they are from AB. HOWEVER, we have recently had a couple of...interesting...people showing up in Gen Chat really making life miserable for everyone. But we try not to let that get in our way of being the good server we are.
  18. smash Augur

I agree that VOX is burned out if there is only a tiny EURO population.

Before I would move to ANY server I would ensure that there are a nice amount of people that play there at the same time I play at.

Otherwise it would be like I log on, try to find a group because it is not yet time for me to raid...I might find 1-2 but they not necessay the people I like, so no grp. Then I come to my raid time, but there no people doing EOK. There might be some who do EOK but it is not cet 18.00 - 22.00.

So do I have any reason to play?

For me, who primarily raids, the answer is a big NO.

If I at some point decide to change server, I would first do a proper research to find where are there people at my level and who play when I do. if there 1000 people and only 2 people at my time, then I only got 2 persons to play with.

For the record I have been on an US server, like 12 years ago. Then the 2 EURO raiding guilds started to fold, and the euro population shrunk. Which then left me to follow my former team mates to an uncertain new server or AB who was an EURO where I KNEW there players who play at my time.

Not a hard choice since I wanted to raid, AND be able to raid during the above mentioned time, so I would not meet up tired at work and within 2 months get a proper deserved boot.
  19. Cazmac Augur

Your points about moving a guild to another server are well made. What happens if the guild founder no longer plays? Does that make the guild "untouchable", for moving, by the new Leaders? Then of course, AB is on the European server; I was fascinated by the mention higher up of how the chat servers work, as I was totally ignorant of this.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I am actually happy to hear that.
    As a Euro citizen, it has always made so much more sense to me to play on an actual "euro" server too.

On the offer itself:
    As others have said, voluntarily moves - and especially on a per-character-basis is at best an "get out of jail" PR card that's being played.
    Now you can say, based on the original postings, that "the AB comunity apparently finds the gaming experience enjoyable - else they would have moved!".

But it's not this easy either:
    There are ties to be considered - this IS a "social" game after all, living from in-game formed relations.
    And for most of us in the "old world", relationships and bonds developed over time are generally held in higher regards than in the US where change and moves from one end of the continent to the other are far more common.

Players have built their own "infrastructure" of ALTs and boxes.
    Housing, naming and similar have been mentioned above.
    I do not want to have an "x" added to my name because i take your "offer".
    And certainly not come back only to find myself having TWO x's attached to my name either.
    For example.

The problems have (to me, who was on a long break before 2016) become noticeable sometime before Xmas 2016, with no such issues in the first half of 2016.
    So the real question is:
    What did YOU change in that time, and how can YOU undo these changes?
    I've played from almost the opening of AB ON AB for YEARS.
    Without any such issue.
    So what did you add during my absence that has made this EXTENSIVE inter-server communication NECESSARY as you claim it to be?
    Rework THAT instead of blaming the "physical location of the server" for YOUR problems!

And if you really want to "help" the AB cummunity in the time it takes you to fix the issue,
    move ALL accounts to some other server of your choice, retaining a list of names etc to make the move fully reversible AND flag all accounts moved in this manner for a FREE transfer BACK to AB once you decide AB was fixed.

Otherwise you will "force" us, despite your "offer", to remain on AB and sit it out - with all the frustrations and sped-up dwindling of the playerbase.
    We (well, most of us i gather) do not want to permanently move to another server any more than you CLAIM you want to close the AB server for good.
    But neither do WE want to PAY you for a move back once things are fixed either.
    YOU caused the issues WE as customers are facing.
    It is your responsibility, under both US and euro laws, to fix this "faulty" product we're purchasing atm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.