Answer this?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Freylorn, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Freylorn New Member

Hello everyone!

Considering this is officially my very first post on the forums, I thought I'd kick it off with a newbie question about classes.

So I already have a clue on how the main classes work such as paladin, warrior, mage (magician), rogue, ect. But are still left to wonder which is most suitable for a new player such as myself. And are the racial differences for each class that vast? I only ask since I am pretty settled on the gnome race.
    Oh, and I was leaning more toward the caster side, but I'll let you guys discuss.
  2. catcattank Elder

the only caster there is magician. racials are meh.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you're playing on a standard (non-TLP) server then race barely matters at all. Just choose what you like. Iksars have some perks like an AC bonus and innate HP regen. Trolls get HP regen. Ogres get frontal stun immunity. For pure casters unless you're going for iksar necro, no race choice will really matter at all in terms of min-maxing your character.

Any class is truly fine for a new player. If you're going with a gnome caster... basically Wizard = the biggest nukes, snares, ports. Magician = the strongest pets, second biggest nukes, lots of utility like mod rods, damage shields, call of the hero. Necro = second strongest pets, lots of DoTs, snares, awesome utility like feign death, some ok mezzes, can charm undead. Enchanter = best crowd control class, mezzes/charms, haste/clarity buffs, lots of debuffs, third best nukes. Obviously the classes get way more involved than that at higher levels. Run the tutorial quests in Gloomingdeep when you start out, and hire a tank mercenary.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

All classes would be suitable for a new player, since you will get abillities progressively, and thereby learning your class.

You should think about which setup you will most likely play in (solo, with RL friends, boxing, or aimed towards raiding), and pick a class accordingly. Some classes are stronger or more comfotable solo, but will typically pay for that if they want to raid.
  5. Yimin Augur

The Mage is a class that can fit into any content solo , group , raid . And can be Gnome can it get more perfect ? NO!

Yi Min
    Diptera likes this.