Another SHD complaint thread

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kurayami, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Kurayami Augur

So first of all, will thank the devs for what they did do what we asked. They did change the buff slots of Mental Terror and Torrent of Agony as we requested. We didn't get hit by the Balance stick, and have gained about 1200 hp and some new defensives/planar agi/dex. So in that way it is good be a SHD, we didn't really lose anything.

Now onto the complaints....

1. Scourge Skin, not only does the new rank not really increase the damage, but the counter is there as it was. According to Elidroth, the new rank was supposed to remove the counter. The upgrade is doing NOTHING, and the description also leaves much to be desired as it is completely inaccurate.

2. Mental Terror, this would have been pretty nice at level 70, but due to the fact I have more than 8-10k mana at this time, the level 70 level of mana returned is just horrible, and I have no reason to ever use this instead of Grelleth's horror ever.

3. Torrent of Agony, appreciate the 72 to 80 AC boost, now could I have something slightly better than say, the level 68 theft of pain buff I used to do Creator missions in DoN? It is a boost now, but it is so small I find it really hard to want to bother using this. I mostly do it in hopes it helps melee dps.

4. Insidious Deflection, appreciate that you changed it from a chain cast AE jolt spamathon spell to something a little longer recasting, but it still misses the mark if you want to convince me to use this in anything current, or anything at all. The agro is weak, the lifetap is only good if I have 20-30 mobs on me which just isn't a good idea in current content, and the radius is fairly lame. Additionally, it has no real raid utility due to the fact it does have a damage component to incite enchanter hatred. It isn't even that good as a swarm tool, only really useful if you want to risk death by missing out on that .5 sec of attack/riposte heals only to have it get interrupted several times.

I really like the idea of this one, but it just isn't there yet, it currently keeps you alive worse then using Leeching Embrace or 2.0 on content we can already swarm, and Touch of Falsin, Touch of Urash, and Dire Insinuation is far more effective at staying alive against VoA + content where it is very unwise to pull more than 6-10 mobs. It simply has no place the way it is, I do have a couple ideas on what could be better though.

A. No cast time, this would make it far more practical when everyone is beating on us.
    B. Higher agro, Repugnance level or higher. This would make me far more interested in using it to start some agro so an enc can CC it later, or just keep the agro strong.
    C. Higher damage/healing and mana cost/recast cost. Honestly I'd like to see this doing 4 times what it is doing to be worth using against current content, make it cost 5 times more, recast maybe 12 seconds instead. That I could see using on a named with adds, a bad pull, typical SHD trainery, etc in current content. It requires you have all the mobs on top of you as well, so isn't like you are gonna start seeing SK Insidious swarming occurring here, the risk to make it worthwhile is very high.

5. No new AAs, whatsoever, unless you count identify if you didn't have 500 plat for holgresh vizier beads... Would be swell if we got more that were offensive tank like, or this fabled raid utility I keep hearing about.

Please take a look at these things, it would be GREATLY appreciated by all SHD. Thank you for your time.

Edit: Changed the foam word to something else.
  2. Bighitz Augur

Offensive tank line? you got visage of death and got alot of good instant dots and spear line.

Tbh. this is like talking to necros, they will want you burned on the fire if you raise a question of if its intended that they are so powerful in that many aspects of the game..

anyway, not my fight to fight, but I think you guys should be happy with where you are.
  3. Kurayami Augur

VoD was UF, instant dots were somewhere between UF - VoA, at least it took awhile for darkness to also be instant, the others had been that way since HoT at least, we been getting timer decreases/slight boosts since. Wanting our supposed new spells to actually work is not asking much. Most of them, save decrepit skin could probably be done by editing a few variables.
  4. Ashigaru Augur

Well said Kurayami. The new spells in COTF are conceptually OK, but really need to be refined so they are worth using and giving up a spell slot for.

I'm hoping that we get some response from devs, as our response was somewhat limited in the latter part of beta, especially compared to other classes. Ahem, mentioning no names...
    Slithur likes this.
  5. Slithur New Member

I gotta say I agree with Kur here. The ideas were great the implementation of those ideas, very lacking.