Another Progression Server?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Bobokin Augur

Why are server resources being wasted on these things?

If they had changed rule sets, race wars, or other goodies, then maybe, but otherwise I just don't see what value they have. Starting over is not a good option for casual players.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  2. VandilIzer Augur

The next TLP is a herioc character TLP starting in House of Thule with 85th level characters. Not really starting over again like a classic TLP, so yeah it's a new ruleset. And if by this point you don't realize that TLP's are at least half the populations and therefore deserve some level of resources being placed toward them you are living in a cardboard box, down by the river.
  3. Riou EQResource

Cause TLP's account for, right now, about 1/3 of EQ revenue (+50% overall gain) and have caused revenue to increase YoY for like 3 years straight
  4. Bobokin Augur

Same ruleset ... just starting at 85.

That assumes that is the best use of the resources. I'm sure they make a little money, but it really isn't much compared to what a new rules server may bring if done well. Of course, that assumes it is done well, and there isn't as great track record there.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

"I want a new TLP!"

*given a new TLP*

"I want a different TLP! Anything else is a waste of money!"

Seriously, gets old. TLP forums are ----> that way.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

And let's face it, it's just the TLP'ers redoing more TLP'ing. Let'm have it. The Live players are all going to continue to enjoy new content instead of rehashing old content. I'm okay with it until DBG finds something else in TLP that they want to change ("rebalance"), which screws up live and our experience (again).
  7. Bobokin Augur

I have not played on a TLP server, and I won't likely play on this one. This isn't a TLP issue, this is an issue of resources and moving forward. There are many things that could be done to make a new server unique, but that isn't what we get. Same rules, same zones, ... been there, done that.

Yeah, the re-balancing act is getting old.