Another one bites the dust!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Burned Out XII, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Havanap Elder

Surgeries**
    Elricvonclief, Leeanni and Motherlee like this.
  2. Kiillz Augur

Vetplayer is having a very busy afterlife....so this too will not pass
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Thraine Augur

most normal people that quit, dont post about, they dont cry about what made them quit ... they just stop playing. if your going to quit and make a big production over it chances are your an attention and your asking for drama.

This is why the jackals attack, when they sense a drama lama .. instinct drives the attack. i find it hillarious actually lol
  4. Cicelee Augur

I read title of the thread. For a moment, I thought someone was posting a you tube video of the classic Queen song from the 1970s. Then I read the thread.

Boy was I wrong...
    Elricvonclief, Silv, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  5. Maurasi Journeyman

I love how people always regard nostalgia in a positive light. Like there was never a time in EQ's history when people wouldn't group with random people. Except for the beginning (where you only had three zones to XP in: LGuk, Sol B, CT unless you could kill dwarves or guards), there were always times when people would stick to their own peer/social groups. People at or near the high end wouldn't group with folks in lower tiers, for the most part, not even on alts. The only difference now is, there are A LOT more zones to choose from.

Railing against boxing is also about eleven years too late too. I started boxing in PoP, primarily because I had to log in guildies for flags. The added benefit back then was (usually) having a cleric available, which was often the linchpin of any strategy. I know A LOT of boxers who were born from PoP's mechanics.

I completely agree with the lack of advertising though. I remember the ad blitz that occurred for EQOA ("It's time to slay the dragon") but nothing for the progenitor title. Since shortly after the turn of the century, games have been advertised with commercials (saw A LOT on G4, back in the day. I bet 'Attack of the Show' had the highest cost for game ads on cable) but Sony couldn't be bothered. Heck, even sorry Cryptic got a trailer added to the Star Trek movies. In my mind, Blizzard built a dumbed down, better looking EQ and advertised it aggressively and took EQ's lunch money (and the car note money and the mortgage payments for ten years, before eventually taking the wife and the kids). The more money it made, the more they poured into it (which is the opposite of what happened with EQ). Whereas at first Blizzard was taking ideas from EQ, it wasn't long before the tables turned. We've had "welfare purples" (starting with Old Man McKenzie, if not earlier). We have "gear resets" (though not nearly as drastic).

But just as an FYI to the OP. Posting a goodbye with grievances tends to hold more weight on an account with more than 1 post (the goodbye with grievances). Whether that's right or wrong, people tend to give active community members more benefit of doubt than folks perceived to be posting on throwaway accounts, just to get attention.
    Vetplayer likes this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

Duh-duh-dun dun dun! And another one down!
    Elricvonclief and Leex like this.
  7. Motherlee Augur

Classic Queen song? You mean '39 by Brian May? It's about relativistic travel.
    Mad_Mikey likes this.
  8. Lily Augur

There was no drama or crying. He laid out his reasons. Don't fault him for that.
    Mayfaire, Vetplayer and Motherlee like this.
  9. Blankslate Elder

People seem to forget players leaving the game continue to shorten the lifespan of EQ. Unless, of course, new players are entering the game to replace them. Anyone seen any of those lately?

I have had 8 accounts on the sidelines for 6 months and they will remain there until I see if TBM has what it takes to bring me back. You might want to attack what is causing players to leave as opposed to the players themselves.
  10. Lazy automation Elder

Whats the point of this except to be dramatic or call attention to ones self? who the hell is this guy he doesnt even say what his characters name is. why should we care if some random stranger quits? Goodbyes are appropriate to people you know not strangers.
  11. Vetplayer Elder

Does he have to?
    Since being a Cleric, I know a lot of players rather group with there boxes and MAYBE RARELY have an outsider in the group. As a Cleric I have been a Healer for those types of groups. And I respect that.

So, does he have to say who he is, or even goodbye to ME?
    no.

Maurasi,
    " But just as an FYI to the OP. Posting a goodbye with grievances tends to hold more weight on an account with more than 1 post (the goodbye with grievances). Whether that's right or wrong, people tend to give active community members more benefit of doubt than folks perceived to be posting on throwaway accounts, just to get attention."

THAT depends on if he/she actually came and complained about changes in the past.. and those that did some nasty moves on veteran players took the ability away from him/her to be able to post in here anymore.
    /wink.
    Therefore, they would have to create a new account to even post in here.
    That would remove there status of Allaccess or likes or dislikes ect ect ect. THEN would you believe them?

Blankslate!! " You might want to attack what is causing players to leave as opposed to the players themselves. "

/bow! Hats off to you! WELL SAID.

Thank you!
  12. Voxynn Elder

I love, how all these "new members" are retiring left / right.

After posting, how they have been playing since original EQ beta and were testers, and all this / that ..

Later dude. Dont let the door hitcha, where the good lord splitcha ..

Also could not help but notice, Vetplayer .. wtf you doing here fella, You retired two months ago with nearly an identical posting (ahh look at you retired now, yet "Augur" lvl of poster) Interesting.

Connection ? Perhaps, perhaps not only YOU .. know Vetplayer.

At any rate later
    Burned Out XIINew Member
  13. Sindaiann Augur

Did you petition to get your 16 year vet max aa cleric back yet? lol
  14. Voxynn Elder

If you are a crappy player, You do not get invited to the best grps on server ..

No matter what class you are (doubly so, for 1 of the 3 key EQ classes)

If you have not made that connection, you must not be that good or known for that
  15. Leeanni Elder

Your post hurt my eyes. It is so full of grammatical errors. Please go back to English class.
  16. Leeanni Elder

I can understand and sympathize with the OP. I left almost 2 years ago. Mine was mostly because I felt that my character could no longer compete with the top players in my guild. I pretty much lost my edge. My long-time playing partner quit EQ and I didn't have a group mate. Most of my guild were boxers or had set group mates, so I was left to play in old content solo. I didn't whine or complain, but I did finally decide that after 12 years that my time in EQ was up. Although I am still paid up for another year and a half, I only log in to collect my SC and say hi to old friends that happen to be online. Since I didn't buy the current expansion, I am unable to play in the new zones or progress my character. Yes that was my choice and I am ok with that.

EQ is not the game it used to be.
    Motherlee likes this.
  17. acxsasx New Member

That hit me as soon as I clicked on the auto grant AA, got distracted after nothing happened and when I next logged in I was "rewarded" with over 2k AA's on my bard alt. I was stunned. Yes things change and maybe even for good reason. Doesn't change how it feels cheap past efforts have been cheapened by this feature..
  18. YellowBelly Augur

I agree. Most people on this forum like to treat goodbye posts like a game of who can leave the most snarky reply. From the tone of it the op was well aware of that fact too. If they keep this up and they will look around someday and see an empty server.
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Vetplayer Elder

Voxynn

"
    I love, how all these "new members" are retiring left / right.

After posting, how they have been playing since original EQ beta and were testers, and all this / that ..

Later dude. Dont let the door hitcha, where the good lord splitcha ..

Also could not help but notice, Vetplayer .. wtf you doing here fella, You retired two months ago with nearly an identical posting (ahh look at you retired now, yet "Augur" lvl of poster) Interesting.

Connection ? Perhaps, perhaps not only YOU .. know Vetplayer.

At any rate later
    "

Drama, once again.

Sigh, ok.. link a post 2 months old that I did.
    Your full of chit.

You don't read... you just stir chit up.
    Can't wait to read your next post drama. OR others regarding this matter. Go for it.
    Once again... like I posted in another thread, try to de rail a post or topic the OP does.

Why does it bother you when veteran player say good bye?
    All your doing is using it as fuel for your drama. You say nothing at all positive.
  20. Elricvonclief Augur

It's always a shame to see someone leave the game...:(

Can I have your stuff? :eek: