Another Melody change request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by isabot, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Dhurgan Augur

Cite your source for that claim or give an example of a combat ability that uses mana.
  2. Szilent Augur

Why is this a hangup for you? I've cited AAs that use both, Spells that use both. Why are you asserting that Combat Abilities carry that unique restriction?
  3. Dhurgan Augur

It was said that the alliance song cannot be modified so that it will not interrupt melody. Since it's a spell and has up to three ranks, the next logical move would be to convert it to a memable combat ability. All combat abilities use endurance not mana, I'm sure you are aware that the combat regen of endurance is less than desirable, so having more abilities that drain endurance would cut down on shouts and bellows. The enchanter scroll, Enchant Conflagrant Ore, does mem as an AA ability, if we were able to convert the scroll to mem an AA ability, that would be the best route in my opinion.
  4. Everquest Player New Member

If melody is being changed can we have it so bards actually sing like the monsters in My Singing Monsters game? I'd love to hear my drakkin bard singing his melody in groups. :)
  5. Szilent Augur

Bard alliance does not interrupt /melody.

That combat abilities historically use endurance is not a mechanical limitation on future combat abilities.
  6. Dhurgan Augur

Correct, if you put alliance in your /melody it will not interrupt, but what bard is going to play alliance in their melody? You'll run out of mana extremely fast, there are multiple bards in an alliance rotation, and trash mobs die so fast it wouldn't even fulminate. That's why they are requesting that alliance be moved to an AA ability. Having the ability to cast alliance while in a melody would be pretty nice, having it unlinked to songs would mean we could have a melody running and cast alliance. Alliance is already set to a zero cast time so that aspect of the ability would not need to be changed in order for it to fire while in /melody. Additionally, Niente already commented a few posts back that being able to sing alliance in it's current state while using a melody would not be possible.

"Alliance being cast while you're using a melody of different songs can't be done (afaik). This would mean being able to cast two songs at the same time."
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think what you need to ask for is the ability to pause a melody in order to sing a different song and have that melody resume when finished with the extra song. Maybe a command to pause and resume the current melody.
    Axxius likes this.
  8. Dhurgan Augur

An AA idea for a future expansion might be something called "Improvisation". Which would let you add or remove a song from a playing melody. Could be interesting but probably nightmarish to code.
  9. Ecchicon Elder

Look, I agree with all of you that would like the alliance changed to be an ability that will not interrupt our /melody, but it is seriously not something that is needed to be done over other changes. It is trivially easy to make a hotkey that stops your songs, casts alliance, and restarts a melody. It is true that you'll will inevitably drop some songs, but it is well worth is when considering how strong our alliance is.

Like you, I'd love our alliance to be changed into a combat ability. Personally I'd love to have more than 3 usable combat abilities (I'd love to have a melee-like endurance regen and I'd love to have access to the withstand-repellence line), but shifting alliance to a combat ability would be quite strong. It'd basically give us access to one additional song on raids, which isn't game-breaking (doesn't it always feel like we need JUST ONE MORE spell slot!?), but might simply be more than the devs want to hand out. I do agree that if this was to occur, the alliance should continue to use mana.
  10. Kegwell Lurker since '99

toggle melodies, /togggle melody 1, etc
  11. isabot New Member

What i have happen is under normal buffs my melody works perfect now when i use quick time sometimes its goes flawless and other times when i have some lag on raid events it will stop when it gets to Travenro's song of suffering .

Some times it will just hang up here for longer then normal then start casting and other times it will just stop melody.

If im sitting in GGH beating a dummy and go full burn melody works fine.

so this is why im asking for this so when these current events get laggy i dont lose my melody
  12. Chorus Augur

frankly, I'd like them to put all the long cast songs into the abilities window. Alliance, Dicho, Cantana and Amplification all should be there. Using clicks like epic, blooddrinker's and any other with a cast time is just truly annoying when you have a melody of 15-20 entries instead of just the base 5-7. I only ever use those clicks on raids now as a result, because the constant interrupting of melody annoys me to do it any other time.

Yes, that makes me not a max/min type player, don't care, it's an annoyance for the class and it needs to be resolved. Making melody skip those when not ready would also make it workable, but not optimal like moving them into the CA window; however, I'd start using item clicks all the time again like back when we manually twisted with that kind of change.