Another Melody change request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by isabot, Jul 22, 2018.

1. isabot New Member

Is there any way we could get it so if a song is on cool down when its reached in a melody that it is skipped and not stop the melody?
  2. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

3. Wulfhere Augur

You want to play atonal music?

I think the design of melody is that the you have to design song notes into a good melody. A song that doesn't have a target still plays it's notes. A song that's not ready is just a badly written melody for which there is no reward currently. Melody is not a bare script.
  4. Axxius Augur

I want my bard to play something simpler than this:
    Code:
    /melody 5 6 7 8 9 5 6 7 8 9 5 6 7 8 9 5 6 7 8 9 3
    isabot likes this.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

6. Zaviere Augur

I don't understand this thread at all.

EDIT:

Allow me to clarify;

I don't understand this thread for two reasons. 1) We (the Bard class) just got thrown the first nice bone in a good while, why try pushing our luck? May as well try asking for an instant cast epic click again. 2) Why does this need to be a thing? It's not difficult to structure a melody to cast everything as often as possible, without any buff downtime, without needing a hand hold in the form of skipping songs on cooldown. Especially now, our nukes no longer end melody when we have no target. In theory, with the exception of when we have to /stopsong to hit epic, there's no longer any melody downtime that would warrant the need for a feature as the OP describes. And even with said exception, a tiny bit of finesse and good timing can circumvent even that aspect of Barding, allowing for seamless epic clicks and restarting of a well-built melody.
  7. doah Augur

I approve this thread
  8. svann Augur

I still say that bard alliance should not be in any bard's melody, so it should not interrupt melody when cast separately. But oh well.
  9. niente Developer

There is a ticket to do this but I have no ETA on when it will happen. What went in the patch was to stop melody from interrupting when you lack a target for detrimental songs, and to stop melody from interrupting if the song has 0.0 cast time. Stopping melody from interrupting when the recast timer isn't up is different (actually everything that makes melody break is a new problem). (I didn't do the fix btw. :))

It would be up to design but I don't think the 2.0 being instant will change; epic clickies have drawbacks and bards are lucky to have one that stays good forever.

Alliance being cast while you're using a melody of different songs can't be done (afaik). This would mean being able to cast two songs at the same time.
    isabot, Quatr and Sancus like this.
  10. qweasy Augur

Has melody being interrupted when you get loot from advanced loot been fixed yet?
  11. Ecchicon Elder

The new change was a 8/10. A sincere thank you to the devs on this one. The change suggested in this thread is 10/10, and all bards would be overjoyed by it. I'm not sure what the devs' position on this is, but from a player perspective, it would motivate players to use these songs in their linesups more often, which I think is a good thing.

On another note, a change that would prevent instaclick songs on items like Darkened/Regular Breath of Harmony, the old lutes, and various other items would be a 9/10.

Instaclick epic would be cool, but it really isn't a game-changer. It would certainly be a QOL improvement, but I'm fine with whatever the dev team feels is best.
    svann likes this.
  12. Tlail Elder

2 Songs probably not, but Alliance could be changed to be a discipline or an AA and then it could be used while playing a melody.

Anyway, nice changes to melody, thanks.

Tlail
  13. Szilent Augur

This doesn't appear to be ... true? I don't know of any epic click with a drawback, other than the inconvenience riding bards' unique "casting" model.

Also while being in top 3/4 of classes in epic value (wiz mag enc dru epics only ones not intrinsically valuable) isn't unlucky, it doesn't feel like extraordinary favor that should be paid for.

Alliance being usable while /melody plays other songs is as trivial as making it a combat ability instead of a song. I opine that this would be a very positive move.
  14. Dhurgan Augur

Then alliance would consume endurance, I would rather alliance consume mana.
  15. Szilent Augur

Those are only tied by tradition. Abilities can consume whatever resource they want. Your Dichotomic "song", for instance, consumes endurance not mana. Your Boastful Bellow AA consumes endurance, your Fading Memories AA consumes mana.
  16. Dhurgan Augur

"Combat Abilities" like Reflexive Rejoinder, Deftdance, Thousdand Blades, and Puretone are what you called out in your first post. Those examples you pointed out are songs or AA Abilities.
  17. Szilent Augur

right?
  18. Dhurgan Augur

Which one of those combat abilities uses mana?
  19. Szilent Augur

Nothing about buttons being Combat Abilities instead of AAs or Skills or Spells(songs) forces the use of any particular resource.
  20. Zaknaffein Augur

Make this happen, along with having songs that require endurance to not interrupt melody and just be skipped if the bard is out of endurance, as was just made with songs that require mana.

Also make epic insta click so it doesn't interrupt my melody, for reasons stated above.