Another leaderless guild thread...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sevarius the Shade, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Sevarius the Shade New Member

It may seem like this is an issue that is getting beat to death, but man this is annoying me.

I am the founder of Shades of the Void, a small guild that started with humble roots back on Tallon Zek in 2000, and then moved over to Druzzil Ro around 2002/2003. We are an OLD legacy guild from back in the start of the game, and still quite a close knit family.

As the founder, when life got in the way, I handed off the guild tag to someone I trusted, who in turn as the guild continues to go about its way, had to hand it off in turn. We never had a bad leader, and we bounced about from game to game always taking our clan tag with us. As games came and went, so did we, our roster changed, and even now, 18 years later, we are a living breathing clan that still plays games together. Recently many of us came back home to Everquest, and we are starting to light back up old fires and dust off characters who haven't seen light in almost a decade.

Our current guild leader is MIA, has been since 2009. I knew the guy, awesome dude, and one of the last ones left standing in the game that we had all left a long time before. Over the years, some of us would come back in and revisit the game for nostalgia, but Cuss never came back.

We currently have a clan tag, but we are locked out of the upper level features of the guild due to not having an active guild leadership role. All of our guild tool access is very limited. We are unable to find Cuss outside of game anymore, and we want our guild tag functionality back.

I understand your policy of staying out of the affairs of guilds, and I completely understand why you would take that policy, but is there any way you can add something into the game to allow US to deal with this issue? a vote of no confidence, a tool that allows dead leadership to be removed or replaced if it goes over a year or something? I don't want an exception to the rule, my little clan just isn't important enough to ask for that... but i'd like a review of the rule, and maybe some way for us to deal with this ourselves without getting the daybreak team involved. Many other games have dealt with similar issues successfully in the past, and I don't see why this cant be dealt with here as well.

As I told GM Dalgras when I spoke to him earlier:

Yinla likes this.
  2. Ironnuts Journeyman

Your intellectual property? I always thought players didn’t own anything. Just renting their game month to month. Seems like things could get a little messy if everyone owned something.

I’d just be glad there’s a game to come back to after so many years gone. Let it go. How about reform the guild and call it Shade of the Void, or Shades of the Void B? You guys all know the history and no one else cares. Doesn’t seem like something to get hung up on. Main thing is the fellas are back together and having fun EQin.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

Not being a quitter in the first place would have gone a long way in avoiding this whole predicament.
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Way to add to the post.

I like the idea of something for the guild to do in that situation. Could be built with multiple requirements instead of just 1 or the other listed above.

Officer and above hasn't logged in within 6 months, put active members to vote, promote voted char or something like that.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they will no assistance in these issues then they need to give the players the power to do things themselves, alternatively make some exceptions to their hands off rules.

There should be something in the guild manage to be able to premote more than 1 person to the rank of guild leader now CR will not assist.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Shadows Journeyman

Have you gone beyond the standard stock answer?

You may need to engage customer service multiple times (have the discussion), have multiple guild members (preferably officers) petition the same request, get a supervisor, etc. before their black-and-white policies and procedures can get overruled by case-by-case consideration.

I found one vague reference to GMs having done this in the past, so there is precedent. It's highly unlikely that a one-off petition is going to get the job done, though.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

Snark aside, I do agree that there should be some means by the guild members to deal with leadership roles without involving DBG.
    Maybe implement some way that those of a certain rank or higher can all vote for a name and majority rules, or some such thing.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your guild shows 3 pages of officers in the magelo and don't they have rights to assign permissions? Just wondering. :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

Well I do like the idea of at least that if a character flagged with guildleader status does not log on for a period of time that the guild could form a vote to replace that person. But I am wondering how that would work for some of us older guilds, I helped Found my guild on the old Inny server back in 99, and at the time we had 10 members who had the tag guildleader. over time now we have widdled down to 4 with guildleader status. 2 of us are active players. Of the other 2 one has passed away, and the other no one know what has happed to.

I have petitioned the issue and all I get is the standard responce. which for our guild is not too bad, as we have two active members, but we have been trying to have one of the above two transfered to a new player, whom has been with the guild for a number of years now.
  10. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

looks like they could add an item to the DBG store that 60% of the officers who had been online in the last 6 months would have to buy to take ownship of the guild then everyone would be happy

"Token of Guild Usurptation" for 1000 or some such
  11. Conark Journeyman

I am a leader of my guild Norrath Special Forces. If I do not log in for 5 years there is a reason for it. I do not want any other person, officer or what trying to take leader. If I wanted a leader, I would have made a co leader. If your leader is not on, there is a reason and I am sure he feels the same or he would have done the same. It is best to create another guild with similar name or find another guild to join and start over. It is not the end of the world and there is plenty of new people to get to know. Make EQ fun not stress.
  12. Sevarius the Shade New Member

nope, Officer rights are pretty restricted.

The main things we lack are item permissions in the guild bank, the ability to demote or remove members, to change any of the ranks, or modify real estate. we are still functional, but a lot of the guild bank space is taken up with stuff we don't need in there, and it doesn't leave us a lot of room to operate.

I'm the founder of the guild. I took a hiatus, and so did my second in command, and Cuss was one of the last ones left in a dying game 9 years ago. He didn't lock it down and throw away the key on purpose, he just never expected us to ever really need it back. Back then NO ONE could have imagined this game would still be around at 20 years old. We've all played countless games since then. Now that many of us are coming back, we find ourselves locked out of a lot of features that many of us never even had when we played originally. The guild hall itself was a new thing when i first came back 4 or 5 years ago.

If we could even just get the guild bank wiped out so we can use it again that would be a great help. We don't need the items, we just need the space.
    As for making a new guild, no. It's a matter of principle. We aren't gonna abandon the guild name, or the hard work that has gone into getting us this far. We can run without all the bells and whistles, we just shouldn't have to. There should be a mechanism in place to deal with these issues... especially if Daybreak intends to have us old timers come back home to Norrath with any intent of staying.
    Kedra Leafwalker and Yinla like this.
  13. Bozyb New Member

Very late to the party but for those interested in the answer:
    Use the following command (typed by whoever will take over guild leadership)

/usurp
    Rondor and Nennius like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think we need to ressurrect an old thread to tell them about this to be very honest.