Another idea for you to poop on.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Evye Augur

What if some of the rewards for beating group missions and/or raid missions in the new expansion unlocks slightly different looking terrain. Make it progressive group progression does some and raid content does others. The infected ice going away or thawing a bit. I know ALOT of people are a little tired of BLUE WHITE landscape. Seeing some other colors out there would be amazing. It would feel like you REALLY have an effect on the game.

Thoughts?
    Doggie bag?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They did that in the house of thule-zone, miragul's nightmare, where the zone became more colorful depending on your progression. Worked great. :)

One of the quests had you tend to some flowers, and when you were done, the zone was slightly more colorful.
  3. Leerah Augur

I did that whole expansion and never noticed! Is that my bad for keeping /showgrass off?
    :oops:
    Nolrog and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think it was the "post-processing"-setting(or post-effects?) actually, they had a pixel-shader that controlled how vibrant the colors were, afaik.

If you had it disabled, you would see the zone in colorful mode, otherwise it would be in greyscale until you did progression, and turning less grey for each completed quest.
    Yinla, Corwyhn Lionheart and Leerah like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Cool idea.

I would rather Devs spend time on things that aren't visual. :(
  6. Addikeys Elder

The Void did that as you fix the timeline in SOD.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. trakk Lorekeeper

Agreed(except the monotony of the white landscape..as in use a different set of zones gdi) and the one ornamentation I've had for UEARS from marketplace, I forget the name, that still doesn't display despite having a preview
  8. Nolrog Augur

Yes, but you zoned into different versions based on where you were in progression. I ran through there the other day with my boxes and we were each in a different version of the zone. If it was anything more than a hub it would be really hard to deal with.
  9. trakk Lorekeeper

Do t given any ideas.

Next Expansion: 20 zones to explore and progress through!
    Fine print: all 20 are different tiers of EW
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Letting the texturing(and some pass-through grass/flower-objects) of the zone be dependent on the individual player's progression, is probably possible, as long as it doesn't change any collision-relevant geometry.

I could actually see it work just as well as in HoT. No reason to have multible versions of the same zone, if it is only a visual effect(texturing-choice) and the geometry stays the same.

The reason for having different demiplanes(of life/decay) in TBM, was because there were also differences that affected collision(some roads were blocked iirc).
    Having wall-placements be dependent on the player-progression would be a pathing nightmare. :p