Another faction question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Agrippa, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Agrippa Augur

Brell has asked me to become highly amiable with a certain shadowknight guildmaster within Grobb. Deep into my ale one eve, I asked why would Brell want me to become friendly with this Troll shadowknight. Now, having slain my 3417th orc towards this purpose, my faith has been rekindled and I chide myself for ever questioning Brell's wisdom.

I'm curious, though, if this goal will be obtainable for a Dwarven paladin. Using the same quest, I've reached the highest point that I can with the Grobb shaman (Dark Ones faction). I still con dubious, though. I still have a few thousand orc belts to turn in, but it's looking as if dubious will be the highest that I can reach with the shadowknights, too. At least, as a Dwarf. I haven't been able to acquire a Troll illusion yet, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if changing my appearance would be enough to bump my faction up from dubious to almost kindly? That seems a stretch, but I might be mistaken. Are there impossible to obtain achievements? If it's possibly locked behind a pay wall, I'm curious what other race (and diety) could I change to as a paladin?
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Agrippa Augur

Someone was kind enough to come to Grobb and cast a troll illusion on me. That was enough to raise my Dark Ones faction from dubious to amiably. I'll need to do the same for the Shadowknights of Night Keep faction now. I'll need a very high amiable level, almost kindly, to complete this one quest (Froglok Skin Mask).
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

If you need illusion again, if you see one of me on, I can switch to my enchanter and cast it for you. I wonder if the potions would do the same. If I have time later today, I'll have my shaman make up a few potions, I'm pretty sure he has enough parts.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

By now you will have divined Brell's reall purpose wth this sacred quest. Ridding Norrath of orcs is the divine purpose and goal of all those who worship him. Faction is but a side issue and is there to lure those whose faith in Brell is underdevoped. You have done well. Now to move on to the removal of halflings.

Care- ehtelë ar serve brell!
  5. Sebbina Augur

Buy a stack or two of fire beetle eyes, is a troll near the entrance to hand in for faction.