Anguish OMM corpse poof issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beeferx, May 8, 2013.

1. Beeferx Journeyman

Customer scrappa0001 soe via CSS Web05/08/2013 12:00 PM
    Was running anguish and at the end killed OMM but no body spawned and no loot was given from him. The globe of discrodant energy poped just fine and the event was working. No idea why he didnt produce a body I have done this many many times and have never had this issue
    Response GM Zekil via Email05/08/2013 03:12 PM
    Greetings Beeferx,

This is Senior GM Zekil.

The Anguish Event: Overlord Mata Muram is a raid and was designed to have at least 18 players in the event, according to our records, there was only 8 players in the zone and that is most likely why the event failed. Good luck to you!

If you need assistance in the future with another issue, please be sure to petition again. To help us resolve your issue faster, please provide as much detail as possible about what happened. Include any character, item, or quest NPC names and the date that it happened.

More information regarding in game issues can be found in our Knowledge Base.
    http://help.soe.com

Sincerely,

Senior GM Zekil
    In-Game CSR-EverQuest
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Customer scrappa0001 soe via CSS Web05/08/2013 05:27 PM
    I have done this raid event every week for the last 2 years, I have the kill shot on him and he died. He also spawned the chest for the discrodant energy globe. His body just did not appear with loot even tried to /target the corpse. I have never had an issue with his body not appearing when running it with 3 or 6 before and I know people who have soloed it and still gotten his corpse to appear.
    Response SOE Customer Service via Email05/08/2013 06:42 PM
    Greetings Beeferx,

Thanks for following up with that information. Unfortunately, our logs show that there was some type of error upon killing Overlord Mata Muram and it looks to be directly linked to the number of players in your raid. Although you may have been able to circumvent the game mechanics of this raid previously, we cannot grant loot that may have dropped as you did not have the appropriate amount of players in your raid group. I am very sorry for any frustration that this may bring to you.

Sincerely,
    GM Vinnare
    In-Game CSR EverQuest

Knowledge Base:
    http://help.soe.com/

So how many people do you know who have taken 18 people in a raid to go stomp Anguish in the last 5-8 years? That's just silly that you cant get loot all of the sudden if you don't have 18 people in raid format in the zone. I bet Anguish doesn't see 18 people in the same raid more than once a year. I take it you expect me to try to find 18 people to go and try to get enough cures or a splasher and hope 18 are alive at the end so that the corpse will not poof? Come on.
  2. EverChanter Augur

Well those CSR obviously haven't a clue. I've killed OMM (her) probably 200 times with anywhere between 2 and 6 people in the zone... Keep having it bumped up until you get someone who has a clue.
    Leerah and Dre. like this.
  3. Beeferx Journeyman

I run it for welfare loots for noobs, i take a day or 2 out of my week and run tacvi, anguish, time, and the ldon raids for those in need. I honestly don;t care what dropped I just want to see it and if somebody who did come wanted it I expect they should have it.

Just because this raid is trivial now doesn't mean its less important than newer content. When we beat shadow raid 2 days after T3 was out and it didn't drop the piece for the shaw 3.0 we got 6 of them distributed to guildies with in 2 hours.
  4. Beeferx Journeyman

Customer scrappa0001 soe via CSS Web05/08/2013 06:46 PM
    Then remove the lock out saying that i have killed him and let me kill him again. Also the globe of discordant energy dropped so i should be getting the rest of the loot.
    Response GM Technite via Email05/08/2013 07:18 PM
    Greetings Beeferx,

Thank you for following up with our in-game support department regarding this isuse. We will be unable to remove the lockout for you as it was intentional for you to receive one even though you were unable to loot. I do apologize for any inconvenience this presents to you.

Thank you for your time and patience. Please do not hesitate to submit a new petition if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Best Regards,
    GM Technite the Trivial
    In-Game CSR EverQuest
  5. Tobynn Augur

From my experience, the ones that do have a clue are few and far between. Most are fairly useless when it comes to any sort of issue with game content.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Beeferx Journeyman

It seems that i intentionally received the lock out because i killed her but also didn't receive loot intentionally because of :
    "our logs show that there was some type of error upon killing Overlord Mata Muram"

Game doesn't sound like it is working as intended.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Were you using dotting classes? DoTs can sometimes poof corpses. Did you have someone die and then get rezzed, only for OMM to die on a damage shield to that person?

Sorry first GM, but you are incorrect in this. Having less than 18 on OMM is not circumventing mechanics, and the number of toons on it is not the reason the corpse poofed. This is akin to saying that the Maestro of Rancor's corpse disappeared because someone soloed this mob, which is raid flagged. Yes, it was a raid... at level 46-50, just before the release of Kunark. Omens is thirty levels ago, and levelling is not an exploit.

Technite, I am sure, is aware that it's not due to the number of toons. Did you loot the globe of discordant energy that spawned from doing OMM? If you did, that might have prevented you from getting your lockout removed. If you profit from a bugged lockout, you're unlikely to get it removed, even if it was minor and not what you wanted from it.

I'm including an example of a petition I sent a while back that *did* successfully get a lockout removed (by Technite interestingly enough- thanks Technite!), for an idea on how to proceed.

"In attempting to clear out some of my much-needed bank space, I have been finishing some old quests that I've been holding on to the items of. Somehow, the items Artifact of Righteousness, Artifact of Glorification, and Artifact of Transcendence went missing at some point (I'm unsure exactly when- last year some time I believe).

Rather than submit a petition (like this!), I decided to redo the raids that the items come from, and did so for the first, the Artifact of Righteousness. On doing Ikkinz: Trial of Glorification for the second, I completed the raid approximately 25 minutes before the servers came down for a patch, and no "Pile of Bones" spawned, containing the artifact I was coming for, but I still have a lockout.

Is there any way I could get the artifacts back? Or failing that, the lockout removed (presuming the Pile of Bones will actually spawn this time)?

I would appreciate any assistance you can render on this matter.

Thanks in advance,
    Mykaylla"

" Greetings Mykaylla,

Thank you for contacting our in-game support department regarding this issue and my apologies for any inconveniences it has caused you. I have just finished removing the lockout timer from your character so you should be all set for another attempt.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to submit a new petition!

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best Regards,
    GM Technite the Trivial
    In-Game CSR EverQuest
    Sony Online Entertainment"

If I were to submit a petition for your particular predicament, I probably would have said something like...

While clearing Anguish: The Fallen Palace raid expedition, I successfully beat the final event, Overlord Mata Muram, as indicated by both my lockout, and the spawn of the "Globe of Discordant Energy" that is connected with it. The corpse of Overlord Mata Muram himself, however, has disappeared, and this contains the relevant loot rewards from the encounter- including the item drop Jayruk's Vest, which is only capable of dropping from this even and the prior event in the raid (which is what I was attempting to get a chance at). As you can see from my logs, no one has looted anything past the event "Arch Magus Vangl," confirming the loss of the corpse and that I did not touch the globe attached to the event.
    Is it possible to have Overlord Mata Muram spawned and killed, to try to get the relevent loot rewards for completion, or to have my lockout removed so that I may attempt this event again?

Thanks in advance,
    Mykaylla

Always try to be as specific as possible. Avoid abbreviations- use full names. Pretend you're trying to explain to someone that does not play EverQuest- even if they do play (and there's no guarantee that they do), by addressing customer service as if they are not informed, without jargon, makes it much easier to track down your problem, than recall what you mean by acronyms and partial words. Explain what you are doing, as well- if you make sense, they can see a lot faster that you're not trying to "work the system," rather than having to research exactly what you were doing.
  8. Siddar Augur

Maybe the issue is confused GM.

Overlord Mata Muram = OMM .
    Old Man McKenzie = OMM
  9. Ishtass Augur

I soloed OMM the other day without an issue of body poofing. 1 in zone works just fine.
  10. Daislet Augur

I've killed him b4 he could port me b4 Turre's room. Worked fine.
  11. Drathus Augur

If you kill OOM before the script that ports you to Tures lair, the OMM corpse can bug out and poof. Just slow down and let him port you and run back.