Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. postid Journeyman

Good idea on the how and what - nice for groupers to get a nice piece ... Assuming this will be somewhat limited / rare and not become the norm
  2. Barbwarrior Augur

the drop rate is pretty strange got one in 10min then spend 14hrs killing and no more drops >< lol shoulda just left
  3. Romulus New Member

I've got 8 so far not sure what % drop rate that amounts to but its not that rare imo. Maybe 1 out of 100 mobs.

Good $$ that's for sure!
  4. Gladare Augur

How's Remus doing?
  5. Mytoss Elder

all 8 of trash? been there like 12hours so far and havent seen any yet )
  6. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Come to BB...I'll buy one lol
  7. krozman Augur

Can anyone confirm that they've received one today at all? AB server cloaks were dropping frequently on the first day. Today nobody in the zone has seen one all day long. Too big a difference imo
  8. Kelefane Augur

I spent over 3 hours on BB killing trash and didnt see one. I killed at least 250-300 mobs too.
  9. Agrippa Augur

Got mine for paladin today after four hours on FV. As far as I know, that was the only one that dropped in about twelve hours going by shouts in the zone. Range is the devil's toy. First day, we got wife's mage her ring in MM within twenty minutes. Spent eight hours the next day for nothing. They're definitely not as common as some are making them out to be. I call BS on seeing eight drop in a couple hours lol
    Pirlo likes this.
  10. Langya Augur

Myself and another rogue in guild both got ours after about a good day and a half of killing trash in separate groups. Probably about a solid 12 hours total time committed. He took a bit longer but was actually bothering with the named spawns. It drops, but not everyone announces it to the zone.

I gotta kinda raise the BS flag on one person getting 8 cloaks, but it is possible I guess. The RNG seems to like some people more than others.
  11. br3333nt Journeyman

Some friends got 3 within 45 mins. Meanwhile I've got one in about 24 hours :p
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm fine with the stats, etc, what I don't like is non-Lore and Tradable (Attunable)

If should be get yours, and be done, not farm farm farm farm farm for cash.
  13. Piemastaj Augur

The only issue I have is that the raid drop doesn't have equal stats to this item. The raid item should be boosted to be at least equal.

Other then that leave the group gear alone. One or 2 items for the group game is good. And you can click it so raiders get a benefit also.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Pirlo like this.
  14. Voth Elder

WTB ACoF, Xegony server. I hear the the going rate is 3 mil. /tell Vothsisx or game mail me.
  15. Dingopet New Member

I got mine and I am happy about it but I do think the cloak should be lore.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If it were just lore, but still tradable, people could create unlimited FTP boxes to hold them, wouldn't help anything... excpet account stats...
  17. McDougal Augur

No kidding:) I'm not even going to try but I bet that zone is pretty funny right now. It's a good way to get people that don't need exp in there really. I do have some nostalgia for MM though.
  18. Barbwarrior Augur

has this been removed along with the raid npc havnt heard of any dropping srince about saturday and spent about 24hr farming about 2500kills or more
  19. Explicit Augur

Still dropping, still stupidly rare.
  20. Mytoss Elder

i would prefer if raid version was better, then perhaps the zone wouldent be as crowded