Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Torriadore Elder

The cloak stats marry up roughly with the ring's, and the ring has no raid equivalent. Probably not a mix-up.
  2. Pirlo Augur

I think this answers your question Abaz

plus this quote is pretty definitive
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

I PMed him and he told me to PM chandrok, so who knows. *shrug* I don't care either way, I've already looted one (they are NOT very rare honestly) and will loot them for all my alts.

I'm more bothered by the raid one being awful.
  4. Rogue Augur

9% increase
  5. Ishtass Augur

For raiders, it's a 1% increase and is best clickie OH in game.
  6. Rogue Augur

Correct, but this is about it dropping for groupers
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

It's not a huge deal having the 17%. Anyone who really wants it can work towards getting the 16%. The stats are the big thing right now, but in 2 years when the cap goes up, this cloak will be a thing of the past.

Also, with the raid class weapons having 25% V3, and this cloak now having 17% V3, it leads me to believe the whole *we wont be going any higher with V3 haste* from the devs is out the window. Slowly, it will creep up to just under bards 25%.
    Tegila likes this.
  8. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

I spent several hours today in there in a group and solo killing with a merc. Currently I am seeing it drop about .5% of the time. I am averaging 1 cloak per 200 mobs. It is not that rare and a pretty easy camp if you are RoF geared. Its worth the time sync as you can sell these for 1 mil plat + on Povar.
  9. EQbud Augur

Considering that gear in CotF is supposed to be only slight upgrades from RoF Tier 4, perhaps higher clickies will be coming.

AM4 with 18% overhaste would be nice, or even AM5 with 20%.
    Circle clicks havn't improved since Prophecy of Ro. We're certainly overdue for Circle of [Power/Mana/Healing] 4s. If they had ever been upgraded, we would probably be getting at least 5s by now.

If those do come, then this cloak will be passed on by raiders pretty quickly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am with Abaz and the others, I think that they goofed a bit. I bet the Mighty Cloak of Flames should have had the type 7 slot and been the group random; and the Ancient Cloak of Flames should have had the type 8 slot and been the raid drop.
  11. Liliana Augur

The stats on the mighty cloack match up with the other raid drops from Naggy. Doesn't look like a mistake. Ancient cloak stats match up with the ring drop in MM. Everything seems to be in order
  12. Hatsee Augur

Yep, raid drops are worse than group drops. Completely normal.

They goofed or they lost their minds. Take a pick.
  13. Liliana Augur

I liked the idea of chase items like this. But I did expect the raid drops to still be better. Makes no sense. Raid items need to be buffed to at least be in line with the chase items, or chase items lowered to raid stats
  14. Hamshire Augur

These still dropping? Saw a lot of people throwin em around las night and little to none today.
  15. Battleaxe Augur

I will admit that what I'm about to say is a very fine distinction, but:

IMO a 12 person, even a special event 12 person, raid should not drop better than current content T4 raid items. You do a very small force raid and an hour later guaranteed T4 drop(s)? If RvR is anything close to sensible this wouldn't be right.

(TBH, I prefer special event raids that reward all participants with an aug. And sure, make such events small force raids so as to include too tiny to raid guilds, family guilds, pickup "raids" etc. And I've no issue with them being more on the fun/creative side than the challenge side.)

A special event open zone chase item is different. It's not at all guaranteed yet it's even more assessable in some ways than a 12 person small force raid. Wanna spend most of your EQ time in MM or SolB - go to it. Join the other 50-75 people enjoying the special occasion event.

(Yep, I think it's wrong to do such things unless one makes it so more than 100ish people can participate at a time, It smacks too much of John D. Rockefeller tossing a small handful of dimes at a crowded street corner to see people fist fight over them. Why put on display one of the worst things about EQ? Do that and it's still a chase item. It's just not a watch the mice fight over the cheese chase item.)
  16. Langya Augur

This whole discussion could have been copy/pasted from any other time something nice had a marginal chance of being obtainable by anyone for a very limited time and not just the usual suspects who reserve the right to uberness. All those complaining are probably not going to restrain themselves from farming these items.
  17. Rasputyn Elder

Look at the bright side: now we can suggest literally anything and they can't say we're asking for too much.
  18. Tegila Augur

the group random rare is as it is so theres a reason for raiders and groupers alike to kill in the zone, the raid is there so theres somethign ot raid there and drops more than jsut the 1 item per zone, what's the problem?

i do find it odd it's not lore, but i wont complain about it heh
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, it is not. Look at the raid version and it is painfully obvious that they were goofed up. If they were the same item I would accept that it was intended, but no group item, even a chase item should better than a raid item in the same content level; much less that much better.
  20. Recnarp Augur

I'd like to know if this is their future game design for Everquest going forward.