Anchors and Housing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Porcelain, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Drakah UI Designer

Sigh... and now they don't work again
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Yeah I have several toons that still have broken anchors. I have picked them up and camped, logged, moved them to different housing plots but they just keep failing. It seems like its almost an "account" issue rather than a toon issue as I have noticed if toons on an account don't have the issue none of them do and if toons on an account have an issue all of them do. I have not tested this extensively but it just seems this way so far.
  3. Malbro Augur

I have 4 on this account that I've tried and they don't work IN the guildhall. I've moved the anchors to the outside of the hall and they work. So it is a toon issue not account wide.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I keep all of mine in my neighborhood so I am not sure if that makes a difference but its the same toons over and over again that have their anchors fail. I tried the place anchor in bags, log out, log back in and place and it works until I log out again.
  5. Malbro Augur

Yes, I agree. It is the same characters as before with the exception of my main. I notice also that it seems to coincide with the guilds/neighborhoods that were lost/deleted a while back.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Mine are broke again. Went in to delete the layouts, which has worked twice before, no layouts to delete. So I'm back to using Throne and my neck piece with Steppes Portal on it.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I got all the anchors to work on all of my toons except for two of them. On all the other toons, I deleted the layouts, picked up the anchors and put them back down, deleted the layout files again, and they started working. They still work, as of last night, regardless of whether there are layout files or not.

The two toons with non-functioning anchors are on different accounts. And, their anchors work everywhere but inside the guildhall (palatial guildhall). They work in the guild yard, in houses/yards of old properties I owned before the patch, and in houses/yards of new properties I bought after the patch. It's only in the guildhall where they don't function. Nothing I try will get the anchors of those two toons to work in the guildhall.

Coincidentally, they are the ONLY two toons I have that have ever purchased real estate. I'm just curious if that has anything to do with the problem.

Anyone else see a correlation between toons that own property and non-working anchors, and toons that don't own anything and anchors that function? Just trying to rule that out.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Nope pretty much all of my toons are property owners as I own my own guild neighborhood with more houses than any one person should own. Three of my traders are not property owners (although they have co owner status) and their anchors fail and the combat toons on their account are property owners and their anchors fail. I have toons who own property and their anchors work just fine. I even tried placing the anchors in yards that had nothing else placed except the house but that did not solve the issue.