Anchors and Housing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Porcelain, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ok lets try again. To test the problem and fixes it may be necessary to take a server down more then once. Doing that on their in house server or test is much easier then taking down a Live server over and over.

Not sure where you got the idea that they cannot log in to the Live server. They probably have been doing that. They offered an idea of how it could be fixed and let players decide if they want to try it and they also said please get back to them and let them know how it worked. They never said they aren't testing that on their own on the live servers. You do get that being able to take a server down and be able to make changes then bring it back up is far easier to do on test or an in house server right? They have never said the suggested actions are intended to fix the bug but it could help them narrow it down some. More people trying it gives them a better idea of the fix if 50 people try it and it only works for half its better then a couple devs trying it. More data is better then less data.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Fooba Augur

My anchors are gone. They aren't in the guild hall plot items or my parcels. I thought Dzarn was good at programming.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Developers

Dzarn - Raids, zones, basepop, etc. Assigned to AAs in 2015.

Code

• Jennifer "JChan" Chan - Technical Director and Lead Programmer of EverQuest. Daybreak forum name "JChan".
    • Jgray - Think he's a coder... Did a lot of the housing stuff. (Yes coder)
    • Choover - Spell effects and combat.
    • Rtugok - Jerk that turns me chain illusions me into a Vah Shir and changes my surname to Aggrometer.
    • Hludwolf

Note the above is subject to change but I doubt Dzarn is a programmer for EQ.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. SevrinSevendust Elder

They can log into live...no doubt. It's always nice when your clients can troubleshoot for you. I sure hope they are always testing, if not they are broken from word go. More data is always better. Fixing a problem is great, and preventing them before they happen is professional.
  5. Fooba Augur

I was joking, obviously.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. Maccuul Elder

For me it affected all characters on my one account immediately after a Krono was used for payment and the Krono time started.
    Out of my 4 paying accounts only this one paid with a Krono and only this one is effected.
    I mean the exact day the Krono time started this happened to all characters on the account.
  7. Malbro Augur

In short, I've found that the picking items up, logging out and in a couple of times, isn't necessary. Just the anchors.

1. Pick up anchors.
    2. Log out to character screen.
    3 Enter EQ.
    4 Place one anchor.
    5. Log out again.
    6. Enter EQ and test the anchor you placed. If it works, you can put the other one down.

No need to pick up everything you own in the hall.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I have 2 main toons I play.

On one, I've tried the "fix" several times. Each time, it works until the next time I log in, and then I get the message about not finding an anchor when I try to use it.

On the other toon, he gets randomly ported to someone else's anchor in the guildhall, different every time, and never his own anchors.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

For those not used to the Real Estate/Housing system this is the best say to get your anchor to pick up and place again (especially if there are lots of anchors in your guildhall.

EQ Button > Real Estate > Items At this screen there should be a bunch of check boxes on the right. (sometimes they don't show up for me until I click on one of the items on the left side of that screen) . Uncheck the Unowned box. Now only items you own your self will show up. Scroll down till you find your anchor and claim it then zone out and back or log in and out and place it again.

Noticed that when I fixed this that my anchors were showing as stored not placed in the real estate inventory on the items screen. Checked all the other anchors placed in the guildhall and they were fine.

Thought I would post this as someone had asked me how to find their anchor among everyone all the others in the guildhall.
  10. Maccuul Elder

The "fix" is not really a fix as it is just temporary.
    I have done it several times including having to mail my anchors back from another account because I no longer had permission to move them to inventory, or mail to owner, as the Guild Leader in my own Guild Hall.

I have 2 theories.
    One is like the restriction for f2p on housing that certain billing types, or changing a billing type, is giving faulty permissions.
    The other is like the marketplace slots bug it is not able to determine your account, and therefore your account status info to give you proper permissions for housing.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

All comes down to database issues. They have been tinkering with them for several months. Maybe they did a database upgrade at some point.
  12. Drakah UI Designer

I have tried everything and cant get past the error... keeps saying "Your transport to anchor spell failed because no placed anchor of the required type was found." Login... take, move it to house even, logout, login, place down, login, logout, place in GGH, still error.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I even wore my ruby slippers and clicked the heels saying "I wanna go home to auntie Em" over and over. Nada.

I think the guild hall being an instanced zone as is Sunrise Hills, Some Raids, most anniversary group missons and ha's and they are all unstable right now could be a clue. This stems from last Oct when folks lost their guild tags, neighborhoods etc.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Its all very odd indeed. I just posted on the Live update bug report about having a mod rod in housing but the game isn't recognizing that I have it and I got another one on raids tonight. So now I have 2 mod rods that are are lore. Not sure whether to delete one or not as when it does get fixed will I be bugged with 2 of them?

Also when searching housing using the my items search it only shows me the neighborhoods I have houses in. Its not showing me all the other houses I have stuff in like it used too.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

If you own more than one plot you can try to move the anchors from one house/plot to another. So far this has worked but I have been fearful to use my anchors much because it has caused to many client crashes and boots to server select screen so my sample size is pretty small atm. also the recast time on the anchors makes it difficult to try and perform different tests without huge amounts of downtime between each use. A wizard or druid with the spells would probably provide the best method for testing and trying to fix this issue. I will test this out more to see if this provides any fix to the problem when I have time.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So according to the patch notes, instances hope to be fixed which may address the problems of not even being able to log into Sunrise Hills sometimes. BUT per the notes "- Guildhall anchors: We have published a speculative fix for this and continue to need your reports if anchors are not functioning correctly." I hope it is speculative because I am not able to do what they request to test this so just have to wait till a NON-speculative fix happens. Based on the feedback on this forum and other threads there is a large majority who are not going to do the "speculative" fix. And really should not have to, we are players not programmers, tech support or game fixers.
  17. Glooping Elder

Look at this issue in a different way than this.. Example: EQ Devs/Coders are the top of a pyramid. They get their information from the people below them, Guides/and the whatnot. They get their information from people they talk to, friends/guildies.

In order for the devs to learn everything that is going on you should try to help if you feel like it in order to fix the game. There's no way a dev can learn every possible thing about the game. There's people who will try absolutely ANYTHING to get something to work, which may end up shedding light onto why something is acting the way it is.
  18. Malbro Augur

Anchors are broken again and the "published" trick doesn't work this time. They are truly broke.
    Speedo likes this.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'm just waiting it out. I tried picking mine up and putting them down outside the GGH, then picking them back up and putting them inside the GGH. No go. I literally bought these anchors last Tuesday, logged in Thursday night and they were broke. Only used the Primary once, haven't even used the Secondary yet.

I'm open to any self fix I can do myself by picking//dropping, issuing commands or whatever. Asking my Guild Leader to pick up every item in the GH to fix this is not an option. But seriously, I want to help, I just want them to work. I bug reported it, haven't heard anything yet. If they need to screw with mine for testing go ahead, I can rebuy if needed. Really, I mean it, break my stuff if it will help fix everybody else's.
  20. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

Anchors are screwed up, ever since the patch before this morning. we really need a dev to let us know they are aware. Not sure how many have bugged it, but there doesn't seem to be the stir I thought I would see on the forums.

Many of our Guild Hall anchors do not work, even after being removed, deleted, replaced, logging, etc.

Half of the housing items that were once visible now appear to be created or stored, and no one stored them, Anchors included.

Newer char's that have no items placed other than their anchors seem to be ok removing, logging, and restarting. However, someone that's been around a while and has hundreds of items placed in housing can't simply pack up everything and replace anchors.

Would be nice to get this on the next patch. Several players without transport rely on their anchors to get around.
    Speedo likes this.