Anchors and Housing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Porcelain, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Porcelain New Member

My anchors do not work any longer no matter where I put them, except they MIGHT work if I put them in my plot where my house is, except when I try to get to my house from the guild lobby, I end up on the server select menu. When I get to character select, it show my character in "Sunrise Hills", so I enter game, but I end up in the guild lobby and the entrance.

Awaiting an explanation and/or patch.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Live Update Bugs 04/19/17

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/live-update-bugs-04-19-17.239847/page-2

For players whose anchors are placed in guildhalls and are not working.

Although onerous, please try the following steps exactly and report back if it did or did not fix the issue:
    1. Save the placement layout of your guild hall
    2. Pick up every single item that your character is the owner of in that guildhall
    3. Camp out
    4. Log back in
    5. Place your anchor back in the guild hall (it should by the only item you are the owner of in that guildhall now)
    6. Camp out
    7. Log back in
    8. Attempt to teleport to your placed anchor
    9. Use the saved placement layout to correct the placement of any items you had to pick up to perform this test

Due to the way that some data errors have propagated picking up and placing only the anchor item is not enough to trigger the internal functions that are intended to fix the bug where the server is telling you your anchor isn't placed.
    Dzarn, Yesterday at 11:57 AM
  3. Porcelain New Member

Thanks, that seemed to work for my anchor.

Now how do I get to my housing? I crash more often then not, most times being kicked to server select. Out of 20ish tries, I was only successful once.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You could try the same thing. Save the layout pack it all up, log come back place everything again.
  5. Malbro Augur

Also you might try deleting the sunrise hills zone files and re-patch. I've had to do this a number of times with Veksar.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

How would this work if your anchor is placed in your yard already and it fails? Do I have to remove every item in every house that my toon owns? I don't even think this would be possible for some characters as I own roughly 60 houses. Or would I only have to do it for the specific plot? I was also getting kicked to server select when attempting to enter sunrise hills from guild lobby. I was selecting guild from the drop down menu. When I selected neighborhood it let me enter.
  7. Malbro Augur

Off hand, I'd say the specific plot unless your other ones have the same trouble.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Ok I just moved my anchor to another plot and this seemed to fix the issue. I had attempted to just pick it up and place it back on the same plot and it failed. I hope this helps for those with anchors in your house or yard
  9. Woredan New Member

I just picked up all anchors. Camped. And put them back down. No problems.
  10. SylSyl Lorekeeper

I've had no trouble using anchors or guild halls or such... but I just noticed that I seem to own four plots on one character. The fourth plot is in some guild-owned instance I'd never visited before. Something's definitely screwed up.
  11. Tvarian Augur

I did the whole long procedure, and I still cannot use the anchor in the guild hall. Says it's not there. Still waiting to test my house one as the timer goes off on a failed port.

I may try sticking it outside the GH, and then have to zone in.
  12. Phynster2 Journeyman

my anchors stopped working with all my toons, so i tried picking them up, logging off, and bam sunrise hills unavailable. this is on brekt. now every time i try to zone into sunrise, guild hall(yes even regular instance) and any missions the game boots me back to character select. so clearly dbg broke something with this patch..
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Anchors aren't the only thing affected by this bug. Right now I have several dozens, if not hundreds, of items placed in the Raging Fury GH interieur, BUT if I look for "My items" in the Housing zone selection tool (either the flickering light in Sunrise Hills or the gate to SrH in Lobby) I only see the items in my personal plots.

It seems the Housing Zone Selection Tool can't "see" my items in my guild's GGH, neither do the Anchor port spells, making the Anchor gates fail.
  14. SonOfABiscuit Augur

No luck with my GH anchors, either. Sucks extra bad when you're a wizzy.
  15. SevrinSevendust Elder

Why not just delete your anchors and buy new one?....
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That was tried a few months ago when this bug first started. Did not work plus not everyone has enough loyalty points to get another one. Guild neighborhoods have been not quite right since last Oct.
  17. Phynster2 Journeyman

that would get expensive in loyalty as well... this issue seems to happen every patch... replacing everytime is kinda moot.
  18. SevrinSevendust Elder

I had this happen to one of my characters. I ended up deleting both anchors, and buying new ones...think they were 250-300 loyalty points each? Personally, I think it's pretty annoying that EQ development team needs players to fix the problem. I get and respect that players are able to help troubleshoot an issue, but its up to development team to code and fix problems.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As they have said they can't create the problem on test or their own non player test server. So they can experiment on the Live servers taking them up and down as they do so OR they can ask players to try some things that might help them figure out the problem faster. Call me crazy but I vote for them asking players to help out on a VOLUNTARY basis. You can always just wait for them to figure it out.
  20. SevrinSevendust Elder

'So they cant create the problem on test or their own non player test server', as you say? Sounds like a mouthful right there. Development team doesn't have live simulation or involvement in live game? They don't have characters live themselves? They don't have a test guild themselves? Lets get real here for a sec. They are a gaming company...yes, that's what they do, that is 'the' investment, its 'the business'. I'm very happy they ask for help from community, that's awesome, I applaud them for it, as I said above. I'm sure they could find subscribers that would be happy to let them log in with there characters and figure things out. Please. If a developer needed my account to figure something live out, go right ahead, here you go....in the end, they should have plenty of live characters, live guild, and live opportunities they can test with themselves however.