Anchor Devices Need to be Lore

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Purler, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Purler New Member

You may never have purchased a Primary or a Secondary Anchor Device from the Loyalty Vendor in the Plane of Knowledge. It is a two-part device, which you use in your larger guildhall (it can't be used in the free GH). Right-click on it and you will have a spiky item, to place around the wall or anywhere convenient, plus a roundish item to keep on your person and use to get "home" to Mister Spiky.

Another characteristic of this item is that it is not Lore. This means, if you are an eejit like me, you can forget which of your too-many alts already has one and then buy another, without the aforesaid Loyalty Vendor turning a hair. It may not be Lore but it *is* No Trade. See where I'm going with this? You've bought the thing but, because it's a duplicate No Trade purchase, you can't use it, can't sell it, can't give it away, even to another alt. Please, please, please, Messieurs Les Devs, MAKE IT LORE!!! I was lucky and got mine refunded, when a kind GM took pity on my plea via a Petition. I know it was my own silly fault but it was an easy mistake to make. So, please, make it lore! Thank you! /bows
  2. Moege Augur

They cannot be lore as then only 1 person can place it in guildhall / plot.

And really how much effort is it to just the find feature before buying it ?
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Sounds like the better solution is to make it heirloom.

On a similar topic, I wish more vendors would refuse to sell you no-trade spells you can't use, or make all vendor sold no-trade spells able to be bought back by the vendor. Has gotten me a few times.
    Cazmac, Fenthen, Mikana and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just curious, does "Find Item" work for things you have stowed in the guild hall?
  5. Moege Augur

Fair point, only on plots you own.
    Purler likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The other clue would be, I would imaging if you have an anchor, you have the clicky on a hotbar. I know I do on all my chars who have an anchor.

Look for the clicky on a hotbar. If you see one, you have an anchor ;)
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, how many of those loyalty points you worked for did that cost you?

OH, that's right - loyalty points are given to us free.

But wait, you say.....you used DBC to buy one? Was that with the free $5 a month?

Yeah, its annoying but come on, it didn't cost you anything really.

At least you are a paid account. You should see the posts from the free players who find out they CANNOT place the anchor in the guild hall cause they are free and free accounts can't do that! So they have to pay for a plot or house nearby or somewhere to place their "guild hall anchor"
  8. Purler New Member

Do you eat lemons for breakfast every day, or was today just special for some reason? :D
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just on days with an "E" in them for the Entitled players in the game. :rolleyes:

But on a serious side, I do a lot of troubleshooting and helpful posts..........
  10. Cazmac Augur

Can something not be Lore to purchase?
  11. Cazmac Augur

DBC? Where did I say I used those? I said Loyalty points.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually you didn't post it at all, Purler mentioned they used Loyalty points. Maybe your alt?;)
  13. Moege Augur

Not understanding this question.

If you mean lore tag for vendor so you can only purchase it if you don't have it but still place-able in properties, no such tag currently exists. Doubt it ever will as the use for that is very limited
  14. Cazmac Augur

This particular alt is one I had not played for months, so had not efficiently arranged its possessions.