An Ounce of Fetid Flesh

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tyrrany, May 25, 2016.

1. Tyrrany New Member

Has anyone confirmed the drop rate on this collection? It seems to have a ridiculously low drop rate in the instance "Head of the Snake." This is the only instance I have seen them spawn since they fixed the naming of them in the achievement window. We ran it 6 times last night and had a total of 3 items drop from kills. Im guessing the rate is either too low, or the HA is not spawning ground spawns like it possibly should? I know 6 runs is a small sample size, but that is a fair amount of kills to only see 3 collectibles drop. Maybe someone can confirm this is functioning correctly or this brings attention to an unresolved bug to a dev over ground spawns not functioning.
  2. Uuvin Augur

When I was hunting for my collectibles, I would run the missions Head of the snake or Bokon high council to get them. The Parrtisan mission ( to the brave go the spoils) does not drop them. You can reference a previous post which has some relevalnce here ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/scavenger-of-the-broken-mirror.228577/ )
    (see page 2). I would get 0 - 3 collectibles per instance clearing. I never actually won the missions as you would then have a lock out, but would just kill the 70-ish mobs and repeat. I had one friend who did 4 missions in a row and got none. Another friend recently asked me about this collection set and he did 2 missions and got none. They are not easy to get, there are no ground spawns at all as in other zone missions and collection sets.

There is a current open issue on the DGB tracker ( https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-669 ) about the naming of the collection set. The ticket was opened in January and only got 1 update recently ( 3 days ago) to confirm the issue.

In the January 15th, 2016 patch notes they said ...
    *** Collections ***
    - Items for the An Ounce of Fetid Flesh collection in the Crypt of Sul should be much more common. Items for the Putrid Poisons collection in the Crypt of Decay should spawn properly.

so count yourself lucky that the drop rate was increased to the pitiful state it is in now.

It took a lot of time and effort ( I moloed each instance on my enchanter and it took me 4 hours to clear) to gather up my collectibles. They are worse than rare.
  3. Tyrrany New Member

Your experience Uuvin seems to reflect mine almost exactly. Thank you for such a detailed post.I actually encountered these two pages myself last night before posting. Either someone's definition of "much more common" is strongly different than mine or this fix did not actually apply as intended. the last 4 runs of Head of the Snake we ran, killing every mob in the instance as usual, produced zero collectible drops. Random number generator fail? Possibly, but after talking with others who are working on or have finished it say nearly the same thing: it is a beyond pitiful drop rate. Maybe someone could look into implementing 4 ground spawns to put the collection on par with other Heroic Adventures. Maybe I will try Bokon High council tonight to see if we have better luck with that. Thanks again =)
    EnchFWO likes this.
  4. EnchFWO Augur

Having farmed it pre- and post-drop rate change I can tell you that the increase is almost non-existant. It seems like maybe someone who tweaked it doesn't understand how percentages work or they didn't realize how bad it was to start with. It's like saying "We increased the 1% drop rate by 50%" and then considering it a victory :confused:
    Hiladdar likes this.
  5. Eanelder Augur

I believe this collection is "broken" specifically because of what you state here. For ALL other instance collections, the partisan mission has the "4 points of shining light catch your eye" which guarantees 4 drops from the collection. Why is this the only collection without that option?

Either it was an oversight, or DBG is trying to add *road* blocks and calling it content.
  6. Hellboy007 Augur

Just did a couple of those CoSul missions and had 2 drop after clearing nearly all the zones 2x.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's just a horrendously bad drop rate. Maybe 0.5-1% ballpark? Took weeks of clearing bokon high council instance a few times a day to get our 4 sets done.
    On the plus side, I think we saw about as many type5 augs as the shinies themselves, and the excess shinies sell like hotcakes in le bazaar.

Overall between pohealth geometry, life/decay's screwy placements and this set, TBM was not a fun expansion for shiny collection (not that I'd label any shiny finding as "fun", but still...).
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

It's dull and boring and I got no sense of accomplishment in chain requesting this mission. Good content this did not make.
    Duder likes this.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

Don't forget the overall lack of any meaningful reward for actually completing collections this expansion. (Yeah I know some people think the housing item stuff was lame but a lot of us liked it!)
    Eanelder likes this.
  10. Orbital101 Augur

They do drop in the HA but even rarer because they are mixed up with the set the mobs in the static drop. So ya not the best one to farm... or would maybe need a fix... but from someone that gotten at least 20 sets and done so even more every other expansions... TBM collection is a joke.
  11. Critts Augur

There where no ground spawns when I did this one. I typically got 2 drops off mobs per clear. If you get two drops its pretty safe to say that you should just drop the task and get another. You may also want to consider dropping the task for a new one if you get a drop on the first few mobs as that will yield more drops in less time. I have heard of people only getting one drop per clear as well as rarely getting 3 drops tho never happened to me.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

I seen up to 5 per clear... killing in a fresh instance doesnt give you more chance to get more.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

When I read the thread title I thought this was about Ravengloome's
  14. Dropfast Augur

These collectables come from "The Head of the Snake" and "The Bokon High Council". They do drop but are way more rare than they should be. It was even worse when the expansion launched. They supposedly fixed the drop rate, but really they didn't. They do seem to drop just slightly better than the expansion launch now but it's still way lower than it should be. I've cleared both instances from front to back, most the time I only get 1 per full clear. Some runs 0, best run ever I got 5 I think. Considering how many mobs are in The Head of the Snake, we should be walking away with like 5 per run no problem. Compared to other missions drop rates, this set is horrible. Seems to be like 25% the drop rate compared to all other alike sets.
  15. Lily Augur

The mission To the Brave Go the Spoils absolutely does drop that set. I would not have completed my set except for doing this task over and over (not finishing it, just killing bokons). It also drops the Raiments (sic) of Rot set. I personally have never seen them drop from any mob but bokons.
  16. Kravitz Augur

Could also be the patch notes said they increased the rate, but might not have been pushed to live servers. They have a tendency to forget and then realize the whoops!
  17. Eanelder Augur

Again this is the only collection where the partisan task does not guarantee 4 drops from "4 points of shining light".

They should be adding that in, or at least confirm that this deviation from the pattern was intended. My concern being that this becomes the pattern and they no longer do the guaranteed drops in future collections.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Bump! Can we have this addressed, please? We always seem to get 1 or none running these missions and it's growing tiresome at this point.
  19. Orbital101 Augur

lots of people asking to make this done even easier then it is but none are complaining about how easy Crypt of Decay Heroic set is been up from the start and auto respawning?
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Really dude? The one bug in The BROKEN Mirror that didn't stop players from progressing is where you're going to go with this? Sometimes you are unbelievable, man. A true contrarian...
    Duder likes this.